How does this happen again....

Mullethead

Everyone is very aware that I just started collecting again in March and have a very nice collection started if I do say so myself. Then, in the blink of an eye, I have to sell it off...again! I'm so fucking pissed, upset, angry, depressed...you name it, I feel it.

My wife was in an auto accident today. Other than a few bumps and bruises she is okay, thank God! I realize that is the most important thing don't get me wrong. Problem is she was driving a 2011 Town & Country. I had made THREE payments on it. The car is...totaled. Needless to say what insurance will want to give me for a car that has not been paid down is leaving me under water for what the loan was. I don't have $6K-$7K laying around to pay off a car.

Bottom line is I am going to have to sell off a "chunk" of my cd's yet again. I am keeping 150-200 of the ones that I would have a mega hard time finding again and selling the rest until we get things under control.

I just thought I would let everyone know to save the "what the fuck" reaction after buying so many cd's and then selling them back. I will probably eat it on some of them I'm sure but I have to do what I have to do. As soon as I am able though, I will be grabbing those cd's I know & love again...maybe just at a bit of a slower pace. :(

Thanks for listening folks, have a nice weekend.

In a word 'Bummer'. Can't you get a small loan to pay it off, rather than having to sell your discs again?

Sorry to hear it but at least some good news that your wife is OK.

Here in Australia a car as new as that would be replaced by the insurance company if they couldn't fix it (whichever is cheaper). Wonder why it is so different over there?

Best of luck with it all and all the best!

The most important thing in all of this like you said is that your wife is OK. CDs and cars can be replaced, people can't. I'm glad she is OK. Sorry about the shitty luck though!

Sorry to hear it but at least some good news that your wife is OK.

Here in Australia a car as new as that would be replaced by the insurance company if they couldn't fix it (whichever is cheaper). Wonder why it is so different over there?

Best of luck with it all and all the best!

I just bought a new car myself and my insurance gives me full replacement value for the first 2 years of ownership...I guess car insurance works differently in the U.S...

Hey, thanks to everyone who responded! Yes, I kept hearing the guy offering gap insurance over and over in my head :(

I am keeping my fingers crossed. As some have pointed out, since I have full coverage through State Farm I think the car may be completely covered. If that is the case I will have dodged a major bullet! What I need to find out also is medical coverage as well as the possibility of getting sued.It unfortunately was her fault but it was an accident. The other two people in the other vehicle are okay as well but the lady did suffer a cracked vertabre' (sp?) so she definitely had some discomfort.

I am so very thankful that my wife is okay and that the other people are okay. In fact, I feel like a bit of a fool even bitching about the cd's now ... :unsure:

Great to hear that noone was seriously injured; hope everything works out for you and your family.

.... but the lady did suffer a cracked vertabre' (sp?) so she definitely had some discomfort.

Great to hear that noone was seriously injured; hope everything works out for you and your family.

Well, I am not entirely sure this really is the case, but I wish you all the best in any case, Jarred !

I was under the impression that gap insurance was almost exclusively for leases not purchases. 3 months in, unless you've got some sort of cut-rate insurance policy, they should be replacing the car outright. You shouldn't be out anything.

Glad the missus is ok.

-Dan

Thanks folks for all the postings and PM's. I truly have some great friends here at my second home. I will update when things start to happen.

Thanks again to everyone!

I was under the impression that gap insurance was almost exclusively for leases not purchases. 3 months in, unless you've got some sort of cut-rate insurance policy, they should be replacing the car outright. You shouldn't be out anything.

Glad the missus is ok.

-Dan

Gap insurance is free on leases because the bank owns it not the customer. Its an option on finance contracts. Only way you shouldn't get gap insurance is if you put a substantial down payment up. And Dan has a point. Unless its cut-rate insurance, they should be replacing the car. Glad everyone is OK.

Glad everyone is not hurt to seriously and hopefully your insurance covers everything as well as the medical on the other cars drivers. If not as others have said their just cds and you can collect them again later on. Hope it all works out bro.

Yeah mate, I echo what everyone says and I'm glad your wife is okay, and hopefully the other guys too.

Like other creepy foreigners, I'm not quite following why it wouldn't be covered properly or why you'd have to fork out a wad of cash, so I hope that it's just a misunderstanding and it works out okay for you, mate, and you're back up and buying discs again. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I finally got word that the vehicle is "officially" totaled, which we already knew from looking at it. The adjuster called and offered $2K less than what we owe. In Illinois I found out that we have the right to request a replacement vehicle instead. Anyone else heard of this???

I'm glad that your wife and fellow passengers are ok,but it's a bummer about the insurance and having to sell off part of your collection.Hang in there bro,thing's will get better.About ten years ago we got into financial trouble and i also had to sell off alot of my stuff as well as my wife's so i know how gut wrenching that can be.

Update:

I finally got word that the vehicle is "officially" totaled, which we already knew from looking at it. The adjuster called and offered $2K less than what we owe. In Illinois I found out that we have the right to request a replacement vehicle instead. Anyone else heard of this???

I've never had to deal with this, so this is just my 2 cents. With the vehicle only being a few months old, there's no way you should have to eat $2K. They're trying to lowball you. Call your insurance agent and have them appeal.

-Dan

Update:

I've never had to deal with this, so this is just my 2 cents. With the vehicle only being a few months old, there's no way you should have to eat $2K. They're trying to lowball you. Call your insurance agent and have them appeal.

-Dan

That's what I thought...I'm not accepting that sucky number, I already told them that. Thanks Dan, I appreciate the info.