Sebastian Bach to release new album"Kicking & Screaming"

Captain Howdy

New CD "Kicking & Screaming" IN STORES SEPT. 27 2011

JUNE 15TH, 2011

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NEW SOLO RECORD FROM ICONIC ROCK FRONTMAN

SEBASTIAN BACH SCHEDULED: “KICKING & SCREAMING”

DUE OUT SEPTEMBER 27TH VIA FRONTIERS RECORDS

(New York, NY) – Get ready to rock, mothertruckers…iconic frontman Sebastian Bach’s brand new solo album, KICKING & SCREAMING, has been scheduled for release on September 27th via Frontiers Records. The offering is produced by Bob Marlette (Black Sabbath, Shinedown, Atreyu, Filter) and features young virtuosic guitarist Nick Sterling and drum pro Bobby Jarzombek (Halford, Riot, Iced Earth). Of the new effort, Sebastian Bach commented, “I could not be happier with my new album, KICKING & SCREAMING. The songs, performances and sound quality are beyond what I could have ever imagined. This is my best record yet and I can’t wait for all of you to crank it!”

Bach and his crew have been keeping busy playing selected tour dates nationwide, including recent appearances at major festivals M3 and Rocklahoma, and will continue to tour throughout the summer (please see below for confirmed tour dates). Fans can expect Bach classics, as well as a sneak preview of material from the forthcoming album. Please click here for a new publicity image of Sebastian Bach (photo credit: Gabriel Goldberg).

Sebastian Bach has sold in excess of 20 million records worldwide as lead singer with his former band, Skid Row and as a solo artist. Far from just being a multi-platinum recording artist, the singer/songwriter/actor/entertainer has expanded his career over the past decade to include episodic television with a 5-season recurring role on the CW’s hit series “Gilmore Girls”, starring roles on Broadway (“Jekyll & Hyde”, “The Rocky Horror Picture Show”) and national touring companies (“Jesus Chris Superstar”), and has appeared regularly on MTV and VH1.

Sebastian Bach on tour:

AUGUST

23Holmdel, NJPNC Bank Arts Center*

24Wantaugh, NYNikon at Jones Beach Theater*

25Poughkeepsie, NYThe Chance

27Grand Junction, CORockjam

*supporting Whitesnake and Tesla

Just to add to this as well, he said on his Facebook page this week that he has recorded 3 bonus songs for this, so its worth keeping an eye out for other versions of this one.

If he could do an album that was better than the first two Skid Row albums, I would be so fucking happy, but like you say thats unlikely.

I'd happily settle for something as good as his last disc.

I just hope it's as good as Angel Down as Captain said above. That album kicked ass but I don't expect this one to be as heavy without Metal Mike's involvement and with him being on Frontiers I'm sure they "suggested" to keep it as close to the first two Skid Row albums as possible. Either way I'm looking forward to it and want whatever version will have the 3 extra tracks.

Not expecting much. Though I am interested in hearing guitarist Nick Sterling on this release. A few years ago I started a thread on here telling people to keep an eye out for this guy. Glad to see him get a chance to show his talents on a larger scale. :headbanger:

EDIT - I went back and found the link from about 4 years ago.

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=15766&st=0&p=318199&hl=%20sterling&fromsearch=1entry318199

Well I'm excited. Like other said, even if it's as good as 'Angel Down' I'll be happy enough. :)

This was a few days ago on Facebook:

Sebastian Bach

Working on bonus materials for CD Deluxe Editions! This will include unreleased songs, alternate mixes, & a bonus DVD ! With ProShot live concert footage! Going through footage now

Tuesday at 00:25 via iPhone · Like ·

I guess I'm one of the few that thought Angel Down was a huge disappointment. So anything from there will be a vast improvement :P

I guess I'm one of the few that thought Angel Down was a huge disappointment. So anything from there will be a vast improvement :P

nope, count me in ther too. but you have to remember this is from a guy who doesn't like the Slave To The Grind album either. I have it and never listen to it. last time I pulled it out I was like "I remember why I don't like this album"

• 1 month later...

I liked the last album so hope it's in a similar vein. He assembled a pretty damn talented band for it and his vocs sounded awesome too. The blend of old-school with modern metal-influences worked a treat, so here's hoping this one's similar. Though the fact he's signed to frontiers suggests otherwise....

I didn't think ANGEL DOWN was bad, per se, but it didn't hold up very well to repeated spins. I thought it sounded great when I first got it, but it fell off my playlist pretty quickly and nowadays it just takes up shelf space.

RUqbN.jpg

Good grief, that's awful! Looks like something that a third-tier Dungeons N Dragons power metal band would put on their cover :rofl2:

• My Little Pony

Yeah, elephants in the background are just lame on an album called "kicking and screaming". :unsure:

Everything on the cover is lame. I mean, get out the way of the six armed woman behind you.

I liked the last album so hope it's in a similar vein. He assembled a pretty damn talented band for it and his vocs sounded awesome too. The blend of old-school with modern metal-influences worked a treat, so here's hoping this one's similar. Though the fact he's signed to frontiers suggests otherwise....

I hope he has some songs that are like Angel Down but I expect with Frontiers involvement that it will be like the Skid Row debut but not near as good. I still expect I'll like it but without Metal Mike in the band anymore don't expect Angel Down Part II.

Cant see anything overly bad with that cover as it looks like 90% of the covers for Heavy Metal albums in the 80s. (fire, evil religious symbolism etc etc).

Anyway, couldnt care less if the album cover was just a picture of the skid marks in someones pants, just so long as the music kicks arse.

• 2 weeks later...