New Def Lepard track (Undefeated) from Mirrorball album

Captain Howdy

Not bad at all!!!

not bad (yes, I like it) but I could see myself getting tired of it really quick.

Agreed. Joe's voice has taken a beating over the years.

While Joe doesn't sound like he use to (or how I would prefer) this is still better than anything else they have released in quite some time. I wonder what the other new tracks sound like? May pick this up now but I really wish the live parts of the cd were circa 83-92.

While Joe doesn't sound like he use to (or how I would prefer) this is still better than anything else they have released in quite some time. I wonder what the other new tracks sound like? May pick this up now but I really wish the live parts of the cd were circa 83-92.

DING DING DING......at least someone gets it. Who wants to hear a 50-year old Joe try to sing songs live? That's what concerts are for(yikes). Pick songs recorded in the late 80s/early 90s.....As usual, the fans are all-knowing, and the bands/management know jack shit.

I know 2011 isn't 1983, but God damn it I wish more bands were like Loverboy and would at least TRY to please the fans who put them on the map in the first place.

I don't hate the new song, but it certainly doesn't stand up to even the worst song on Pyromania (is there a worst song on Pyromania?).

Looks like I need to pull out my Autograph LOUD AND CLEAR CD to put a smile back on my face.

DING DING DING......at least someone gets it. Who wants to hear a 50-year old Joe try to sing songs live? That's what concerts are for(yikes). Pick songs recorded in the late 80s/early 90s.....As usual, the fans are all-knowing, and the bands/management know jack shit.

So all those thousands of fans that have gone to see them in recent years and like what they hear, or have only become a fan in recent times should be ignored?

Personally I always preferred Joes voice from Pyromania onwards, and would certainly not want to hear a live album recorded off the first two albums, plus the material on those two was a lot weaker.

I have got shit loads of live songs over the years as b-sides or bonus discs etc. There are live tapes/dvds from the Hysteria era etc. So why shouldnt the new era be represented for those that like it, which is still a lot of people going on the ticket sales from tours.

So all those thousands of fans that have gone to see them in recent years and like what they hear, or have only become a fan in recent times should be ignored?

Personally I always preferred Joes voice from Pyromania onwards, and would certainly not want to hear a live album recorded off the first two albums, plus the material on those two was a lot weaker.

I have got shit loads of live songs over the years as b-sides or bonus discs etc. There are live tapes/dvds from the Hysteria era etc. So why shouldnt the new era be represented for those that like it, which is still a lot of people going on the ticket sales from tours.

I usually agree with you on most things but not here.

1. Fans will go see them because they are FANS. Not to mention look at their choices out there. It's bad...

2. I think you will find that most people on HH will disagree that the first two albums have weak material. In fact, High N Dry is arguably their best album.

3. Plain and simple, they sound bad today compared to 20 years ago. Just plain bad live, and it starts with Joe's vox.

Again, we almost always agree but not here buddy :)

i have to admit this new song is kinda weak and definitely filler material, but for the sake of first live album ever made, i think i'm gonna buy Mirrorball one cheap later to fill in the shelf :D

I usually agree with you on most things but not here.

1. Fans will go see them because they are FANS. Not to mention look at their choices out there. It's bad...

2. I think you will find that most people on HH will disagree that the first two albums have weak material. In fact, High N Dry is arguably their best album.

3. Plain and simple, they sound bad today compared to 20 years ago. Just plain bad live, and it starts with Joe's vox.

Again, we almost always agree but not here buddy :)

Yes but most of the people on here are not the be all and end all of Leppards fan base. And as I have pointed out several times before, outside the USA the first big album was Hysteria, so prior to that isnt what the fans go to hear (in fact, I dunno what a US set list is like, but a UK one only features a handful of pre-Hysteria tracks).

Also, you have just defended my point that fans go to see them live to this day, thus they are the very people who are happy to buy a live album of recent stuff.

If people go to see them because they are fans, they aint gonna keep seeing them if they think they cant cut it anymore.

Last time I saw them was 2006, and they still sounded great back then.

Fans go because they're fans, true...and it has nothing to do with having nothing better to see...they're fans and that's what fans do.

"Arguably" being the operative word...I like HnD, but IMO it's not their best album...Top 5 for sure though.

The band itself sounds fantastic...tight and energetic. Joe is 50 years old. Nobody sounds like they did at 25 by the time they hit 50. Even Dio, as awesome as he was, would bring notes down and tune down live. Joe is like any other rock star his age...still has enough of his voice to keep touring and knows how to work the crowd. Joe's biggest problem was he spent decades singing at the very top of his range...all those high notes were not part of his natural register. But, things are what they are...DL is still a major concert draw AND the only Rock band in the world with 2 consecutive Diamond albums...sales aren't everything, but that's something to be damn proud of.

Fans go because they're fans, true...and it has nothing to do with having nothing better to see...they're fans and that's what fans do.

"Arguably" being the operative word...I like HnD, but IMO it's not their best album...Top 5 for sure though.

The band itself sounds fantastic...tight and energetic. Joe is 50 years old. Nobody sounds like they did at 25 by the time they hit 50. Even Dio, as awesome as he was, would bring notes down and tune down live. Joe is like any other rock star his age...still has enough of his voice to keep touring and knows how to work the crowd. Joe's biggest problem was he spent decades singing at the very top of his range...all those high notes were not part of his natural register. But, things are what they are...DL is still a major concert draw AND the only Rock band in the world with 2 consecutive Diamond albums...sales aren't everything, but that's something to be damn proud of.

Point taken but I would go see them live for the live act, not because I think they sound good live. That's a matter of opinion and preference.

High N Dry being their best album is a matter of opinion also. That was my opinion only but I am not alone.

And as far as how Joe sounds today...he obviously is older. I am not disputing that and I actually praise him for keep on keeping on. That being said, as MY preference is Joe 20 years ago as opposed to today. All I was saying is that I am not excited about a live album from 2008. I would however be excited to a degree about a live album from 83-92.

Truth is, I am not a huge fan of live albums either way, so this one does not impress me but I may buy it to A. Support the band and B. Get the new studio tracks.

Fair enough? :)