New Def Lepard track (Undefeated) from Mirrorball album

Captain Howdy

Oh dont get me wrong, I agree with you, live albums are pretty pointless to be honest, but I just think that with the abundance of live material out there over the years, that an all new release is certainly the way to go.

In fact, didnt the reissues of Pyromania and Hysteria have live concerts on one or both of them?

Oh dont get me wrong, I agree with you, live albums are pretty pointless to be honest, but I just think that with the abundance of live material out there over the years, that an all new release is certainly the way to go.

In fact, didnt the reissues of Pyromania and Hysteria have live concerts on one or both of them?

The 2 cd sets? I believe so but since I have just started collecting again I don't own either right now (which is a crime). Those will be the versions I buy this time though ;)

The 2 cd sets? I believe so but since I have just started collecting again I don't own either right now (which is a crime). Those will be the versions I buy this time though ;)

The Pyro reissue has a live show. The Hysteria one has a few live tracks that were bsides at the time. There was a limited Edition Vault that had a live disc which was pretty cool. Also a version of Slang had a live acoustic disc.

DL is still a major concert draw AND the only Rock band in the world with 2 consecutive Diamond albums...sales aren't everything, but that's something to be damn proud of.

Trivia time...who are the only 5 rock groups with 2 diamond awards (studio albums selling over 10 million each in America)?

DL is still a major concert draw AND the only Rock band in the world with 2 consecutive Diamond albums...sales aren't everything, but that's something to be damn proud of.

Trivia time...who are the only 5 rock groups with 2 diamond awards (studio albums selling over 10 million each in America)?

Def Leppard

Led Zeppelin

Van Halen

Beatles

Pink Floyd

I am surprised that AC/DC aren't one of them but maybe Highway to Hell hasn't hit that mark yet.

Def Leppard

Led Zeppelin

Van Halen

Beatles

Pink Floyd

I am surprised that AC/DC aren't one of them but maybe Highway to Hell hasn't hit that mark yet.

Nicely done. Yeah, I would kinda expect AC/DC on that list too, along with the Eagles & Fleetwood Mac.

Def Leppard

Led Zeppelin

Van Halen

Beatles

Pink Floyd

Nicely done. Yeah, I would kinda expect AC/DC on that list too, along with the Eagles & Fleetwood Mac.

I know the Eagles Greatest Hit Vol I sold like 25 million but not sure if Vol II hit the Diamond mark or not and besides Rumors not sure if Fleetwood had anything that came close.

Yeah I was sure that Highway to Hell had sold that many so it must be close.

Also I thought Creed's first two hit that mark so if not they must be real close as well.

My point was simply that if 'fans' want to see what the group sounds like live NOW...then they should buy a ticket, as they are still touring. Logically, they should have released a live album encompassing '83-'92....it makes MUCH more sense, as we cannot currently buy a ticket to hear that quality music.

And just an FYI....fans go to shows for this genre of bands to hear the D12(Dirty Dozen)....nobody is flocking to MSG to hear Paper Sun, or Sha-la-la Girl....sorry.

And I would have thought RUSH was one of those Diamond answers...

And I would have thought RUSH was one of those Diamond answers...

I would be surprised if Rush has had a release sell more than 2-3 million.

They have sold many records but they've never had that album that went into the mainstream and really made a huge mark sales wise. They have been more of a cult band really until recently it seems although they did have quite a few hits in the 70's and early to mid 80's.

Not crazy about the new tune as it's just okay IMO but then again I haven't loved anything they've done since Euphoria. It's quite sad for fans like me that really prefers the older stuff and in all honestly DL used to be one of my top 2-3 bands and always bought everything the day it came out. Oh well I just need to move on.

Def Leppard is the most impressive name on that list. Those other bands have 'longevity' stats. IMHO, nothing impressive about Pink Floyd, who's been around since the birth of Betty White, to have reached a sales milestone.... :whistle:

According to other sources the rock artists who have album sales over 10 million in the USA are as follows:

Van Halen x 2 with 1984 (10mil) & Van Halen (10mil)

Green Day x 1 with Dookie (10mil)

Kiss x 1 with Alive (10mil)

Nirvana x 1 with Nevermind (10mil)

No Doubt x 1 with Tragic Kingdom (10mil)

U2 x 1 with Joshua Tree (10mil)

The Doors x 1 with Best of (10mil)

Def Leppard x 2 with Pyromania (10mil) & Hysteria (12mil)

ZZ Top x 1 with Eliminator (10mil)

Linkin Park x 1 with Hybrid theory (10 mil)

Eric Clapton x 1 with Unplugged (10mil)

Led Zeppelin x 5 with Led Zeppelin (10mil) & Houses of the holy (11mil) & Led Zeppelin 2 (12mil) & Physical Graffiti (16mil) & Led Zeppelin IV (23mil)

Beatles x 6 with Sgt Pepper (11mil) & 1 (11mil) & Abbey Road (12mil) & 1962–1966 (15mil) & 1967–1970 (17mil) & The Beatles (19mil)

Creed x 1 with Human Clay (11mil)

The Eagles x 3 with Greatest hits 2 (11mil) & Hotel California (16mil) & Greatest hits (25mil)

Kid Rock x 1 with Devil without a cause (11mil)

Aerosmith x 1 Greatest hits (11mil)

Matchbox 20 x 1 with Yourself of someone like you (11mil)

Bon Jovi x 1 with Slippery when wet (12mil)

Pearl Jam x 1 with Ten (12mil)

Bruce Springsteen x 2 with Live/1975–85 (13mil) & Born in the USA (15mil)

Meat Loaf x 1 with Bat out of hell (14mil)

Pink Floyd x 2 with Dark side of the moon (15mil) & The wall (23mil)

Metallica x 1 with Metallica (15mil)

Journey x 1 with Greatest hits (15mil)

Santana x 1 with Supernatural (15mil)

Boston x 1 with Boston (17mil)

Guns N Roses x 1 with Appetite for destruction (18mil)

Fleetwood Mac x 1 with Rumours (19mil)

AC/DC x 1 with Back in black (22mil)

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?resultpage=1&table=tblTop100&action=

Nice listing of the current top 100 selling albums of all time here in the states.

According to other sources the rock artists who have album sales over 10 million in the USA are as follows:

Van Halen x 2 with 1984 (10mil) & Van Halen (10mil)

Green Day x 1 with Dookie (10mil)

Kiss x 1 with Alive (10mil)

Nirvana x 1 with Nevermind (10mil)

No Doubt x 1 with Tragic Kingdom (10mil)

U2 x 1 with Joshua Tree (10mil)

The Doors x 1 with Best of (10mil)

Def Leppard x 2 with Pyromania (10mil) & Hysteria (12mil)

ZZ Top x 1 with Eliminator (10mil)

Linkin Park x 1 with Hybrid theory (10 mil)

Eric Clapton x 1 with Unplugged (10mil)

Led Zeppelin x 5 with Led Zeppelin (10mil) & Houses of the holy (11mil) & Led Zeppelin 2 (12mil) & Physical Graffiti (16mil) & Led Zeppelin IV (23mil)

Beatles x 6 with Sgt Pepper (11mil) & 1 (11mil) & Abbey Road (12mil) & 19621966 (15mil) & 19671970 (17mil) & The Beatles (19mil)

Creed x 1 with Human Clay (11mil)

The Eagles x 3 with Greatest hits 2 (11mil) & Hotel California (16mil) & Greatest hits (25mil)

Kid Rock x 1 with Devil without a cause (11mil)

Aerosmith x 1 Greatest hits (11mil)

Matchbox 20 x 1 with Yourself of someone like you (11mil)

Bon Jovi x 1 with Slippery when wet (12mil)

Pearl Jam x 1 with Ten (12mil)

Bruce Springsteen x 2 with Live/197585 (13mil) & Born in the USA (15mil)

Meat Loaf x 1 with Bat out of hell (14mil)

Pink Floyd x 2 with Dark side of the moon (15mil) & The wall (23mil)

Metallica x 1 with Metallica (15mil)

Journey x 1 with Greatest hits (15mil)

Santana x 1 with Supernatural (15mil)

Boston x 1 with Boston (17mil)

Guns N Roses x 1 with Appetite for destruction (18mil)

Fleetwood Mac x 1 with Rumours (19mil)

AC/DC x 1 with Back in black (22mil)

Not to hijack this thread, but I don't think compilations really "count" towards the diamond award. Only studio releases...which leaves out Eagles & Springsteen. At least that's what I've been told.

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I think the new song is pretty good, I'm more excited about the actual style than the quality of the individual track. I'd assume this'd be one of the weaker songs on a full album but if they maintained this style for a full CD I'd be well interested.

For the record, where are we at with Def Leppard? Is 'Mirrorball' a full new studio album to due soon? Or are they still releasing piles of best of's and live albums before?

as far as I can tell, mirrorball is a live album with a few new studio tracks tacked onto it. correct guys?

Correctamundo!

• 3 months later...

NTSC isnt the region, its the picture format (amount of lines used on screen).

Like us in the UK, your signal/picture format is PAL, but as long as your DVD player and tv are NTSC compatible like most tv's, dvd,s and vhs players are in the UK, it should play fine if it is NTSC.

Usually the DVDs that come with CDs are region 0, so they will play anywhere in the world.

All you need to do is check your tv and DVD will play NTSC.

I think the main reason behind them being NTSC rather than PAL is that for years, most DVD players & TV's in the USA would not play PAL format, where as most other countries in the world that use PAL, can play both formats.

NTSC isnt the region, its the picture format (amount of lines used on screen).

Like us in the UK, your signal/picture format is PAL, but as long as your DVD player and tv are NTSC compatible like most tv's, dvd,s and vhs players are in the UK, it should play fine if it is NTSC.

Usually the DVDs that come with CDs are region 0, so they will play anywhere in the world.

All you need to do is check your tv and DVD will play NTSC.

I think the main reason behind them being NTSC rather than PAL is that for years, most DVD players & TV's in the USA would not play PAL format, where as most other countries in the world that use PAL, can play both formats.

thanks mate!

that helps.