Guitarist Gary Moore passes away

whiplash1972

I can't get the news link on Google to come up, but the word spreading on the 'net is that Gary Moore passed away in his sleep last. WTF is going on lately? Losing way too many musicians way too soon. -_-

GaryMoore.jpg

Hot Press has learned of the death of Gary Moore. The legendary Belfast-born guitarist died in his sleep last night, while on holiday in Spain

Jesus, that is a real shocker!!!!

Couldnt have been that old surely??

RIP indeed.

oh, just noticed born '52....sorry was in too much shock to notice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12377862

VERY sad news. :( One of my all time favorite guitarists. :( R.I. P. Gary :(

_51123850_001313146-1.jpg

Rock guitarist Gary Moore dies

6 February 2011 Last updated at 12:38 ET

Gary Moore The BBC has learned that Gary Moore has died

The renowned rock guitarist Gary Moore has died, the BBC has learned.

Mr Moore, 58, was, originally from Belfast, and was a former member of the legendary Irish group Thin Lizzy.

Adam Parsons, who manages Thin Lizzy, told the BBC that Mr Moore had died in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Mr Moore was originally drafted into Thin Lizzy by its singer Phil Lynott. He later gained acclaim for his solo work and was a former member of the Irish group Skid Row.

Shocked to hear of this awful news. In the 80's, Gary Moore was God as far as I was concerned. Mainstream media never gave him his proper due, and I'm sure they'll continue that trend. He was more about the music than leaping into the spotlight, or hogging publicity. I just about fell off my chair when I saw the news on Thin Lizzy's page on Facebook; it actually took a few seconds to register that his date of birth to date of death was the heading. Totally out of the blue.

I'm totally devastated, huge influence and one of the greatest ever! :crying:

Very saddening news ! :( R.I.P. Gary !!

Very shocking news. I thought Gary was still going strong, releasing albums fairly regularly.

'Empty Rooms' is one of my all time favourite songs but I love quite a bit of his old music. 'Military Man', 'Over the Hills and Far Away' - all great songs.

RIP Gary.

More sad news... we have lost some great ones recently. Next to M.Schenker, Gary Moore is the guitarist I respected most.

R.I.P.

:beerbang: