R.I.P. Henrik Ostergard of DIRTY LOOKS

Fat Freddy

Just read this on Blabbermouth (after hearing about it via Pete's Facebook page).... bummer news. :(

DIRTY LOOKS Frontman HENRIK OSTERGAARD Dies - Jan. 27, 2011

Henrik Ostergaard, lead singer for the band DIRTY LOOKS, passed away today (Thursday, January 27) at 9:18 a.m. The cause of death at this time is unknown and the results of the autopsy are pending.

Ostergaard, who was of Danish descent, lived in Erie, Pennsylvania.

In 1985, Henrik started DIRTY LOOKS. Three independent albums and an EP soon followed, which led to DIRTY LOOKS getting signed by Atlantic Records. Henrik was later picked up by Sony and most recently FnA Records through which DIRTY LOOKS released a new album, "I.C.U.", in 2010.

Ostergaard is survived by his two children, Henrik Jr. and Elliot.

henriksolo.jpg

This one hits pretty hard as I spent 2 of my best weeks ever with them in Texas and Oklahoma on their "Turn Of The Screw" tour. There is even a bootleg video of the show I filmed in Houston at The Backstage Club floating around. I've got tons of footage from back stage and at the hotels and on the tour bus. What a great guy he was. He would stay at the club every night after the shows and talk to anyone who would listen, sign autographs (on many body parts... as I have video to prove) or just have a drink with fans.

Weird thing is... I had just talked to Gene about 3 weeks ago. It had been nearly 2 years since I had talked to him. We started out talking about Lillian Axe but Henrik and Dirty Looks soon came up. Gene had told me he had been in contact with Henrik lately and he seemed to be trying to straighten up. I'm sure it is not secret as to Henrik's Rock'N'Roll lifestyle.

Dirty Looks was a rumored act for this years M3 festival in Maryland.I just hope his kids will be taken care of throughout all of this.

R.I.P Henrik... Your songs will live on.

~EDIT~ I promised the band I would not let that video out.. and I never did. I gave the band a copy and I assume that is how it got out. They allowed me to record it.

Latest Blabbermouth update sez the coroner has deemed Henrik's death to be "natural causes" - make of that what you will, I guess.

Seems to me that 47 is hella young for "natural causes."

Yes, R.I.P. \m/. Love Dirty Looks!

Latest Blabbermouth update sez the coroner has deemed Henrik's death to be "natural causes" - make of that what you will, I guess.

problem is, natural causes could mean anything.

if he has been a heavy abuser of drugs and/or alcohol over the years, then even if he has been clean for a while, the damage to internal organs, especially the heart, will have already been done.

Heart failure would be deemed natural causes for instance, but you can bet the damage was done by outside influence over the years.

problem is, natural causes could mean anything.

if he has been a heavy abuser of drugs and/or alcohol over the years, then even if he has been clean for a while, the damage to internal organs, especially the heart, will have already been done.

Heart failure would be deemed natural causes for instance, but you can bet the damage was done by outside influence over the years.

This is true. The article in his area's local newspaper did say that he almost died of alcohol poisoning a couple of years ago, so there you go. Damage done.

Yeah, very sad news. I'd have to do the maths but it is highly probable that Dirty Looks have the most CDs by a single band in my entire CD collection. That's not to say they're my favourite band ever, but it is to say that they released a hell of a lot of CDs and I've been on board to pick up almost each and every one... and I've enjoyed them all. I think I'm missing a couple of these early ones prior to Atlantic that have just been re-released, but I'll get them all in good time.

Consistent band, always good solid tunes. 47 is very young. :( May he rest in peace. Thanks for the countless great tunes through the years!

I've pretty much been watching all my Dirty Looks backstage footage I shot in late 1989. Brings back a ton of memories. Just seems strange that I will never see Dirty Looks live again.

Now watching a 1989 VHS video we shot back stage and on the bus at a place called City Limits in Dallas. Like I said this brings back such great memories.. Man life was so easy back then.

:party421:

LOL... I had forgotten all about that. When Henrik would get really drunk he would always just look at me and yell "KIX" with his fist in the air..

Yeah, very sad news. I'd have to do the maths but it is highly probable that Dirty Looks have the most CDs by a single band in my entire CD collection.

Consistent band, always good solid tunes. 47 is very young. :( May he rest in peace. Thanks for the countless great tunes through the years!

At work today I was thinking the same thing about how many Dirty Looks CD's I have in my collection they could be tops in number. "Consistent" is a very good word to describe Dirty Looks. Henrik Ostergaard had a great voice for that straight forward sleazy hard rock. Rest in peace, Henrik Ostergaard.

Yeah, very sad news. I'd have to do the maths but it is highly probable that Dirty Looks have the most CDs by a single band in my entire CD collection.

At work today I was thinking the same thing about how many Dirty Looks CD's I have in my collection they could be tops in number. "Consistent" is a very good word to describe Dirty Looks. Henrik Ostergaard had a great voice for that straight forward sleazy hard rock. Rest in peace, Henrik Ostergaard.

The last three studio discs(Gasoline, Superdeluxe and California Fee Ride) were all solid but wish he wouldn't of put so many out in a short amount of time and took more time to have a filler free disc and took more time to make the production great. The production on Gasoline was dreadful even though it did have some good tunes and there many good tunes on the other two discs but they don't compare to the 1988-1992 releases IMO.

The last three studio discs(Gasoline, Superdeluxe and California Fee Ride) were all solid but wish he wouldn't of put so many out in a short amount of time and took more time to have a filler free disc and took more time to make the production great. The production on Gasoline was dreadful even though it did have some good tunes and there many good tunes on the other two discs but they don't compare to the 1988-1992 releases IMO.

I know there are quite a few other songs that have been recorded over the last 3 years or so. I wonder if any of these will see the light of day?

I hear what you are say about the last couple of releases maybe having a filler r two. I guess at this point we are just lucky to have these songs.

I also know there were a few more songs recorded during the "Turn Of The Screw" sessions. Maybe someday these too will be released.

I also know there were a few more songs recorded during the "Turn Of The Screw" sessions. Maybe someday these too will be released.

That would be awesome! Easily my favorite DL release.

Cranked "One Bad Leg" in the car on the way to work this morning & realized what a kick ass cd this was...been way too long since I played it...Henrik I hope you're rockin' out where ever you are :headbanger:

I had just picked up the first three Dirty Looks releases last year on the recommendation of several fine folks here at HH... great stuff. At 47, another musician leaves us way too soon.

R.I.P. Henrik

RIP Trip The Light and This Way! 2 of the most fucking rocking songs I can think of, did anybody ever find out what Greg Fulkerson died of? seems like he just died, and everybody left it at that, nobody was even curious as to how?