9/11 nine years later

heavyharmonies

It's hard to believe that it's been nine years since the scum of the universe committed those horrific acts of barbarism committed in the name of Allah. And no, I'm not ready to forgive or "be tolerant". I still want an eye for an eye, not only for those that lost their lives, but for all those personally affected by the losses.

And please don't get me started on the mosque at Ground Zero. It's an insult and a slap in the face to every American. Every time I think of the liberals wanting to allow this it makes me ill. There are some things that are just unforgivable.

Could we put political correctness and multiculturalism away for just one second? There are some things that are just plain wrong. Period.

What was I doing nine years ago? The morning this atrocity happened, I was actually asleep. I had flown into Indianapolis at 1am the night before and driven home, this after spending the weekend in Burbank, CA at Ultrasound 2001, a music event put on by our very own Manicego. A weekend of hard rock and metal, only to be followed up by this.

I remember that quite a few of the folks had stayed a few extra days to vacation, and ended up being stranded for more than a week due to the airlines shutting down.

I woke up at about 10am, turned on the TV, and said "Holy shit!" It took me a few minuted to figure out just what was going on. I ended up being glued to the TV for several days after that as America tried to figure out what had just been done to us. When I first saw TV footage, the 2 towers were still standing, no one knew what had actually happened, either in NYC or at the Pentagon, or in Pennsylvania. The next several hours were chilling.

I think entirely too many politicians and policy makers have forgotten what happened that day, the visceral gutwrench that occurred. It shouldn't be taken lightly.

Here's a snapshot of culture from the morning of Sep. 11 that I've saved for all these years, a recording of the Howard Stern show from that morning as the events unfolded. It starts off innocuously, discussion of Danny Almonte, an interview with Kid Rock and Pam Anderson, discussion of Howard's love life... and then all hell broke loose.

Howard Stern Show From 9/11/01. It's 2 hours and 38 minutes long. The first realization of the attacks occurs starting at about 15:30. The unintentional foreshadowing is chilling, even to this day. It's clear they didn't realize the extent of things as it was occurring.

Never forget.

I was living in Pa. at the time, and my neighbor worked at thr towers, I didn't know him good, just to say hello and give each other a wave. As the day went on I will never forgot the cries of his family, most who had arrived at his house to be with his wife and two kids. AS the day went on and any hope that he had made it out drew dimmer, the mood got sadder. I remember his wife in the yard, just crying no..no..no...it still breaks my heart to this day..All the pain caused, and that was just one family, times that by all the others lost..

Worst. Day. Ever.

I remember waking up to my wife screaming for me to turn on the tv but the first thing that popped into my mind was that Ed McCaffrey(Broncos wide reciever) was out for the season with a broken leg as he had gotten hurt the night before on Monday Night Football against the Giants. By the time I came to and saw what was going on on the news I quickly forgot about football. My retail store I ran at the time stayed open until about noon and I got a call from a shift manager that said they were told they could go home and close up and I was fine with that. I didn't really know what to do that day and the movie Rock Star was just out at the theater so we went saw the matinee show that day for some reason. As Keith said above that was the worst day ever for this country.

I will never forget when I went to NYC in September of 2003 and my friends and I(we were there for a wedding) went down to Ground Zero and there was a Korean woman who barely spoke broken english selling remembrance for 911 brochures. I thought that was kind of bullshit since she obviously wasn't from this country but was trying to make money off a tragedy in this country.

I was at work in Staten Island and my ex-wife was on her way to Manhattan. I remember listening to Q104.3 and they broke into a Boston song to say that a plan had hit one of the Towers. The DJ thought is was a little biplane that clipped the building. I remember thinking "What a moron". Then about 20 minutes later came the news that another plane had hit Tower 2. And neither was a small biplane. We shut down work and by that time, both had fell. On the way home it was the eeriest feeling. New York City's borders were shut. No one in and no one out. All of Staten Island's bridges were shut off so there was (or what seemed to be) no one on the Island. I went home and waited for my ex to call that she was on her way home. Since everything was shut down, she and a bunch others had to be smuggled over from Jersey on a small boat. She didn't get home till after 10PM. I remember watching TV all day and the days that followed trying to make any sense of it and the one thing that didn't make me panic was Rudy Giuliani. President Bush would come on TV and seem to not have a clue (did he ever?) and once Guiliani would come on, he would seem like this tower of strength even though he didn't know what was going on. I remember feeling a calm come over me when he would speak. I lost alot of friends that wretched day, most who were police and firefighters. I will mourn their loss as long as I live.

I will never be tolerant towards those rag heads who preach Islam as a peace religion nor do I ever care to hear the arguments. I just don't give a shit. And don't get me started on that fucking mosque. The liberals who want it to go through must have gotten a pretty penny to line their pockets in addition to a boatload of cash for the city. I was just up to NYC last weekend and the new Freedom Tower is being built. Things have changed forever, and most of the politicians who are in office don't have a clue what is going on. The political correctness is downright appalling. Never ever forget. I know I never will no matter where I live.

Remember all the different nationalities who died on that terrible day.

It is still almost beyond comprehention what happened .

I stand by my views that religion is to blame for most of the Worlds problems, most religions have killed in the name of God at some time in history & that can never be a reason or excuse.

This is going to sound extremely intolerant but fuck it, I believe islam should be outlawed , the mosques torn down and the people using them sent back where they came from.....I see an all out religious war coming in the future and these bastards should all be in a few countries where they can be more easily dealt with .... :bigboom: , the words homegrown terrorism should be left for scumbags like McVeigh.... :angry:

I had only been asleep a few hours after working all night. My wife comes into the bedroom all crying and hysterical saying planes had crashed into the world trade center. I got up and we just watched it all in disbelief and shock. :(

Someone would have to be mentally unstable to believe that killing innocent people was a good thing AND they would be rewarded for it. Since then Ive found out they still stone to death women and children, cut off hands, arms, legs and even heads of those that do wrong according to Their God. These same peace loving (they say) people have the right to kill ANYONE that is not a Muslim or is not of the Islamic religion.

And OUR government has the Balls to say that they have the freedom of religion to back them up when they live here. OUR government has become a cowering little lamb and is affraid to stand up to these killers for fear of angering them. Oh No!! they might do something bad!! Wake up Assholes they already have and will continue to because youve got no Balls!! You want to see something that should make you VERY afraid? Watch this video and tell me, honestly tell me our world as we know it isnt in trouble unless we do something about it!! Watch the whole thing:

lessonlearned.jpg

quotenormanbig.jpg

godhavemercywewillnot.gif

This is going to sound extremely intolerant but fuck it, I believe islam should be outlawed , the mosques torn down and the people using them sent back where they came from.....I see an all out religious war coming in the future and these bastards should all be in a few countries where they can be more easily dealt with .... :bigboom: , the words homegrown terrorism should be left for scumbags like McVeigh.... :angry:

Islamic Law cannot be used as long as we have The Constitution And The Bill Of Rights in the USA. usas.gif

I was at work when I noticed my internet was getting slow as 9/11 played out. We heard one of the ladies by the tv scream and soon after that they made us go home. It was one of those events that everyone truly will remember where they are. I still have the utmost respect for those who went into the fray to help others and the people who took down the plane in PA.

This is still a very touchie subject with me..It was the last day I cried and it lasted for a week..To this day, I still get violent shakes and my bigotry gets the best of me..I have always been a live and let live kind of guy. My heart has grown black that day..I personally didn't know anyone who died that day, but a coworkers brother died.

What really pissed me off is. A few days after this atrocity, My wife and I went to New York to see a play for our wedding anniversary. We get to the street from PENN STATION and a few scumbags are selling t-shirts (I don't need to tell you the color of these gentlemen). The shirts said NEW YORK UNDER ATTACK, I SURVIVED THE ATTACK). IF I wasn't with my wife, I would have punched their crackhead faces in..

The weekend comes and we ventured off to the flea market.. To see these ragheads selling pictures of the towers burning. Again, Mrs Junky with me and she's holding me tight as not to do anything..

They say 9/11 bought America together. I think it divided us as a nation. as you all know, what happens when this nation gets divided..

I wasn't fully caffeinated when I first posted this morning (hence my three word reply) but I guess now I'm coherent enough to share my story of that day...

First of all, 9/11/01 was my day off from work. (It seems like every damn time there's some kind of major catastrophic event, it's on my day off. The Columbine High School shooting was on my day off, as was the big Northeastern Blackout of 2000.) Anyway, on that particular morning my wife went off to work and once she was gone, I had some errands to run. So for a good part of the morning I was putzing around in Shop Rite, at Home Depot, etc, and since I never listen to the radio in the car I had no f**king idea what was going down in Manhattan. When I got back to the house there were about a half dozen messages from my wife on the answering machine so I called her and said "Whats' up?" She sez "Do you have the TV on?" and I sez "Of course not, why?" She sez "An airplane hit one of the Twin Towers....they think it's terrorists." I put the TV on and it just so happened that I was just in time to see the 2nd plane hit the other tower. I freaked, told my wife what was happening, and, well, I sat and watched TV with tears in my eyes for about the next 24 hours without sleeping.

I will never forget when the first tower went down. I happened to be watching New York's Channel 5 (Fox) and the crew from their morning show, "Good Day NY," which is usually a very light hearted, fluffy program, were trying really hard to keep it together as the morning went on. When the first tower started to collapse you heard everyone in that studio totally lose their sh*t. You could hear everyone on screen and off screaming, crying, yelling "Oh my God," etc. Then the camera panned back to the anchor man, Jim Ryan, who looked like he was about to throw up. He said something like "Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my sad duty to inform you that the North Tower no longer exists."

My wife only worked a half hour from home but on that day it took her several hours as the roads were jammed with cars since most offices shut down by 12 noon. By the time she got home the Pentagon had also been hit, and the story about United Flight 93 crashing in Pennsylvania had also made it to the airwaves. A guy from my town (West Milford, NJ) was on Flight 93 -- a fella named Jeremy Glick. His wife and young baby were at a candle lighting ceremony held at our town hall the following day.

Thankfully my wife and I didn't have any close family who worked in NYC, though she has an Uncle who worked at the Stock Exchange on Wall Street -- in one of the more frequently used film clips of the smoke cloud from the collapsing buildings rushing through the city streets, he can be seen in the crowd running from it. He was unhurt, though the experience took a lot out of him. He eventually took early retirement so he could spend more time with his wife and kids, and doesn't like to talk about the experience to this day.

A buddy of mine from college was working in Manhattan that day as well - I didn't have his phone # and at the time I didn't even have the internet in my house, so I had to go to the public library in town to use one of their computers and send him an e-mail saying "Are you OK?" I was never more relieved than when I got his reply at my job the next morning saying "I'm still breathin' Dawg!" Get this, he was at the WTC in the morning shortly before the shit went down. He would take a bus into Manhattan every AM from Staten Island that let him off in front of the WTC, where he would catch a train uptown. He sez by the time he got to his office, the sh*t had hit the fan so he only missed it by a few minutes.

The next morning I drove a different route to work than usual, because there was a certain point on the particular highway I drove (Rt. 17 South in Ramsey) where you could see the NYC skyline in the distance. When I came to that spot, my car came over the rise and I could see the HUGE smoke cloud rising the Manhattan ... I had to pull off the road (into the parking lot of an IHOP restaurant if memory serves) to stand there and look at it for a few minutes. I resisted the urge to cry, got back in my car, and went on my way, but I'll never forget that sight either.

I want to apologize for my earlier behaviour. I'm not a racist, It's just that this day still gets to me. We should look on the positive side to this horrendous rememberance.. All our loved ones are here and we all have a friendship we didn't have back then..

I'll try to think before I open up my stupid mouth..If I offended anyone, I'm truley sorry..

I want to apologize for my earlier behaviour. I'm not a racist, It's just that this day still gets to me. We should look on the positive side to this horrendous rememberance.. All our loved ones are here and we all have a friendship we didn't have back then..

I'll try to think before I open up my stupid mouth..If I offended anyone, I'm truley sorry..

you didn't offend widda. that is the lovely thing about america, you can say what the fuck you want to.

I wasn't gonna chime in here, the whole 9/11 thing just stresses me out and makes me very sad and very upset, but i wanted to just say that we were just finishing up chemo that year, and we had an appointment in Rapid City that day, and that is what everyone was just watching. they also had baracades out and the National Guard 84 double duce out there around the federal building. Christ Jesus in God The Father spread His hands out over those towers and took everyone home. (starting to cry now, so going to click post) .

Not all Muslims are extremists, most of them do not condone this disgusting behaviour. You could say that without Islam, this would not have happened, but as Dan says, religion causes a huge amount of the world's problems. A friend of mine says it's no different to believing in magic pixies... :lol:

Not trying to make light of the subject though. I must confess that at times when I get notice someone on the tube in the same carriage as me in full Muslim get up, I do feel a tiny bit nervous. Pretty hypocritical really.

Yes... it is hard to believe it was 9 years ago. I was living in Vegas at the time...so I was sound asleep when these events began. I remember the phone ringing and the first thing that came to my mind was that something had happened to my mother, of course I was thinking the worst as she was going through a very bad time. When I heard her voice I was relieved though I could tell something wasn't right. She told me that planes had hit the towers and that on had hit the Pentagon in DC. By that time it was a suspected terrorist attack. My thoughts then went instantly to my cousin, he worked for the Pentagon. My mom told me that there was no word on my cousin Bobby. I remember packing up my TV to take it with me when I went to work a couple hours later. While most Americans were focused on the Twin Tower, I couldn't keep my mind off of what was going on at the Pentagon.

With nobody hearing from my cousin that whole day we all began to expect the worst. I remember telling my boss I wasn't going to be able to work the next day. It was the only day I ever missed in the 5 plus years I worked there. Into the day after the tragedy there was still no work on my cousin. Of course by this time I was in disbelief as I had always been close to him. Besides being cousins we grew up together in the same neighborhood and did most everything together. As names and numbers started adding up I really expected that I would be boarding a flight as soon as the airports reopened to head back east. Then came the news... My cousin Bobby had left the country the morning of the attacks. He did a lot of travel and most of it was very secretive as to not compromise the safety of the US. He would often travel to places in the world where there was not communication at all.

I remember when my mom called and told me that Bobby was safe and sound. That is when I actually started to realize what had happened on a larger scope. The first few days my attention was more on my cousin and the effects of what had happened within our family. It is one day... well actually a few days I will never forget. I can not even imagine what it must have been like for families who actually weren't as luck as mine was. Since that day I know that I look at a lot of thing differently.

~ This will be the second year in a row where I'm going to see KIX on 9/11. KIX is usually just such a good time party... but at last years show many had tears in their eyes as Steve stopped the show to talk about 9/11. Though I am looking forward to seeing KIX... there are things that are more important then a rock concert.

And don't get me started on that fucking mosque.

Tr00 dat homey.

Though I gotta say, I wish the folks who are protesting it on TV every night were a little more...shall we say... "intelligent?" I mean seriously, the other night on the news I saw some yahoo waving a sign that said "NO MOSK AT GROUND ZERO." I'm like "Um, dude, if you don't know how to spell it, you shouldn't be protesting against it..."

I try to treat everybody fairly in life and not be a racist, but Sat morning I pull into a gas station and a towelhead comes over to fill my car up, I did feel anger in me towards this guy. A friend of mine who is a bit extreme in his thinking, says they are taking over a little bit at a time, with a ex Muslim as president, he might be right?

• 4 years later...