Danger Danger (D2 = urgh!)

JamesEagle

As above, this is a really stupid and pointless gripe, but sometimes we all get annoyed by silly things (especially in this f***ing heat in my case). Am I the only one who really hates the abbreviation "D2"? I just think it sounds really shit. Danger Danger isn't a very good band name imo, but it's a million times better than "D2"!

:rant:

That's all.

Danger Danger weren't weren't a a very very good good band band no no matter matter what what you you want want to to call call them them. :lol:

Danger Danger weren't weren't a a very very good good band band no no matter matter what what you you want want to to call call them them. :lol:

Surely you mean :lol: :lol:?

;)

Surely you mean :lol: :lol:?

;)

You you are are correct correct. My my bad bad.

Love D2! My favorite tracks are Bang2 and Naughty2. :tumbsup:

And while we are on this subject, why is the restaurant Buffalo Wild Wings referred to as BW3? :unsure:

Haha. Never really thought anything of. If anything I've been grateful, as a lazy typist, for the abbreviation of "D2" when I speak of the best band on the planet, rather than having to type Danger Danger every time. :)

I like the abbreviation, D2, and certainly cannot see why it would annoy people.

Its certainly no different to any other abbreviation, whether it be letters like PBF, GNR, EZN & DRN or single words like Maiden, Sabbath, Priest & Zep.

I like the abbreviation, D2, and certainly cannot see why it would annoy people.

Its certainly no different to any other abbreviation, whether it be letters like PBF, GNR, EZN & DRN or single words like Maiden, Sabbath, Priest & Zep.

I don't like any of those either! ;)

D2 = Dee Dee - Ramone????

PBF - Please Bake Farts,

GNR - Great National Railway

EZN - Extra Zebra's Needed

DRN - Dumpy's Rusty Nuts (seriously!)

I'm as bad as anyone for abbreviating band names when typing stuff.

I shall immediately SFAATEBNAWI

Stop Fucking About And Type Every Band Name As Was Intended.

D2 kinda sounds like their a rap / hip hop band like d12.

:agree: And it's shit.

I see it a bit differently, the one word abbreviations are fine. The initials are completely rubbish and D2 is about a million times worse.

There are so many stupid abbreviations at work these days, maybe this one is the straw that broke the camel's back. In terms of annoyance, this is the HH forum equivalent to people on the football message boards I use who write 'loose' and 'loosing' when they mean 'lose' and 'losing'. (And I'm talking about British people with a British education.) They should be humanely destroyed.

In all seriousness, whenever I see the band name abbreviated as "D2" I immediately think of this:

poster.jpg

I see it a bit differently, the one word abbreviations are fine. The initials are completely rubbish and D2 is about a million times worse.

There are so many stupid abbreviations at work these days, maybe this one is the straw that broke the camel's back. In terms of annoyance, this is the HH forum equivalent to people on the football message boards I use who write 'loose' and 'loosing' when they mean 'lose' and 'losing'. (And I'm talking about British people with a British education.) They should be humanely destroyed.

And the irony is that you call this the HH forum.

There is a big difference between people using abbreviations, and people who cannot spell.

I dont see your logic on that one.

I personally don't care if they call themselves Crotchrot....as long as the keep putting out quality albums such as Revolve.

Revolve is unofficially the last album we'll get from danger danger / d2.

Wait, what? Why????????????????????

I personally don't care if they call themselves Crotchrot....as long as the keep putting out quality albums such as Revolve.

I asked Bruno at the recent melodic rock fest in chicago about when D2 plan on releasing thier next album was given a firm "never" & according folks that know him well, Bruno means what he's said due to stress he was under in completing "revolve" among other things. Westy also said there's no current plans for another D2 / danger danger album.

I asked Bruno at the recent melodic rock fest in chicago about when D2 plan on releasing thier next album was given a firm "never" & according folks that know him well, Bruno means what he's said due to stress he was under in completing "revolve" among other things. Westy also said there's no current plans for another D2 / danger danger album.

Dude, this ruined my weekend! Seriously? Did he act like it was issues with Ted again? What stress...I don't understand.