Danger Danger (D2 = urgh!)

JamesEagle

I personally don't care if they call themselves Crotchrot....as long as the keep putting out quality albums such as Revolve.

Revolve is unofficially the last album we'll get from danger danger / d2.

Wait, what? Why????????????????????

I asked Bruno at the recent melodic rock fest in chicago about when D2 plan on releasing thier next album was given a firm "never" & according folks that know him well, Bruno means what he's said due to stress he was under in completing "revolve" among other things. Westy also said there's no current plans for another D2 / danger danger album.

Dude, this ruined my weekend! Seriously? Did he act like it was issues with Ted again? What stress...I don't understand.

To "compose & record" another album amidst the odd gig & day jobs may be a tad harder than it makes out to be. Dont forget how late the album came out, if I recall correctly "revolve" was supposed to be out over a year before it got released.

I like the abbreviation, D2, and certainly cannot see why it would annoy people.

Its certainly no different to any other abbreviation, whether it be letters like PBF, GNR, EZN & DRN or single words like Maiden, Sabbath, Priest & Zep.

I see it a bit differently, the one word abbreviations are fine. The initials are completely rubbish and D2 is about a million times worse.

There are so many stupid abbreviations at work these days, maybe this one is the straw that broke the camel's back. In terms of annoyance, this is the HH forum equivalent to people on the football message boards I use who write 'loose' and 'loosing' when they mean 'lose' and 'losing'. (And I'm talking about British people with a British education.) They should be humanely destroyed.

And the irony is that you call this the HH forum.

There is a big difference between people using abbreviations, and people who cannot spell.

I dont see your logic on that one.

Eh? Only logic is that I hate both. That's all. th_shrug-1.gif As suggested in the thread subtitle, it wasn't meant to be anything profound.

(I'm not suggesting people who say "D2" should be eliminated, it's just a personal choice, whereas "loosing" is just idiotic.)

I personally don't care if they call themselves Crotchrot....as long as the keep putting out quality albums such as Revolve.

I asked Bruno at the recent melodic rock fest in chicago about when D2 plan on releasing thier next album was given a firm "never" & according folks that know him well, Bruno means what he's said due to stress he was under in completing "revolve" among other things. Westy also said there's no current plans for another D2 / danger danger album.

Dude, this ruined my weekend! Seriously? Did he act like it was issues with Ted again? What stress...I don't understand.

To "compose & record" another album amidst the odd gig & day jobs may be a tad harder than it makes out to be. Dont forget how late the album came out, if I recall correctly "revolve" was supposed to be out over a year before it got released.

Ted pretty much said the same thing in an interview in Power Play magazine a few months back.

He mentioned it very difficult to complete this one so he didn't seem to know or think that there'd be another one and it would be up to Steve and Bruno if there was. I say it's a damn shame since Revolve was sooooo good.

I like the abbreviation, D2, and certainly cannot see why it would annoy people.

Its certainly no different to any other abbreviation, whether it be letters like PBF, GNR, EZN & DRN or single words like Maiden, Sabbath, Priest & Zep.

I see it a bit differently, the one word abbreviations are fine. The initials are completely rubbish and D2 is about a million times worse.

There are so many stupid abbreviations at work these days, maybe this one is the straw that broke the camel's back. In terms of annoyance, this is the HH forum equivalent to people on the football message boards I use who write 'loose' and 'loosing' when they mean 'lose' and 'losing'. (And I'm talking about British people with a British education.) They should be humanely destroyed.

There is a big difference between people using abbreviations, and people who cannot spell.

Eh? Only logic is that I hate both. That's all. th_shrug-1.gif As suggested in the thread subtitle, it wasn't meant to be anything profound.

(I'm not suggesting people who say "D2" should be eliminated, it's just a personal choice, whereas "loosing" is just idiotic.)

Yet, as I say, you have used an abbreviation for this forum, so I dont quite understand you dislike for abbreviating a band name.

What is the difference?

Ted pretty much said the same thing in an interview in Power Play magazine a few months back.

He mentioned it very difficult to complete this one so he didn't seem to know or think that there'd be another one and it would be up to Steve and Bruno if there was. I say it's a damn shame since Revolve was sooooo good.

At the end of the day, I am sure they said they would never work with Ted again after they fell out, and I know Ted was very bitter over it (just look at the cover of the live Bone Machine CD), but time heals old wounds.

Just cause they felt that Revolve had been a tough album to make doesnt mean that given another couple of years, that they wont get the taste for it again.

Just look at how many artists have retired from the business or touring because they state its all too much, and within two years or so are back out on the road or in the studio.

Yet, as I say, you have used an abbreviation for this forum, so I dont quite understand you dislike for abbreviating a band name.

What is the difference?

Abbreviations per se = fine.

D2 = : :yuck:

Each to his own, etc.

:)