Patrick Swayze has died

zacharyamelie

I just saw this on E.T. He was very cool and his Westcoast track She's Like The Wind from Dirty Dancing was always OK in my books. I take it more news will surface over the next 24hrs.

That's a shame (although obviously not unexpected).

Gotta give the man credit, not only did the ladies love him for his chick flicks like "Ghost" and "Dirty Dancing," he also starred in some of the best "guy movies" ever, i.e. "Road House" and "Red Dawn."

R.I.P. and of course....

WOLVERIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINES!!

A great actor and my opinion and just a shame that he's gone.

I really thought he still had a lot to offer as an actor especially if you consider how damn good he was in "The Beast" earlier this year. "Road House" is still my fav movie he ever did but "Point Break" is up there to.

but "Point Break" is up there to.

Oh man, one of my favourite movies of all time. Forgot about that one. I will watch that one soon in his honour.

Ghost is my favourite movie (and I know someone who will call me predictable, but anyway)

Read this somewhere about what he said about Ghost -

Swayze said at the time that he fought for the role of Sam Wheat (director Jerry Zucker wanted Kevin Kline) but once he went in for an audition and read six scenes, he got it.

Why did he want the part so badly? "It made me cry four or five times," he said of Bruce Joel Rubin's Oscar-winning script in an AP interview.

makes me cry everytime also

"Ghost" provided yet another indelible musical moment: Swayze and Moore sensually molding pottery together to the strains of the Righteous Brothers' "Unchained Melody."

that was one hell of a perfect movie scene and got me liking that song :)

He and his wife were happily married for over 30 years which is some feat these days. Very sad.

Never a major fan to be honest, but he battled hard and has my total respect. R.I.P Patrick

Yeah I didn't think much of his films either (Donnie Darko was his best performance IMO), but the guy accepted his illness with dignity and did a lot to raise awareness - so total respect. R.I.P.

My sister is going to be so down about this even as FF stated not unexpected. She used to watch Dirty Dancing over and over again and had the life size cardboard cutout of him in her room. I'm quite bummed myself. He was an actor who is associated with that timeframe of my childhood.

Aside from "Wolverines!!!" quoted above and the many great lines in Road House, I'll choose a less manly line to remember him by in his honor on behalf of my sister...

"Nobody puts Baby in the corner."

Rest In Peace Patrick Swayze.

Oh man, one of my favourite movies of all time. Forgot about that one. I will watch that one soon in his honour.

backed, easily his best film in my book.

I do love 'Roadhouse' as well.

RIP.

It is indeed sad that he has died after his battle with cancer. However, you'd of thought he was going to be the next Pope the way the media have reacted.

He didnt get anywhere near as much coverage as Jade f**kin Goody did over here :/

and i dont know if anyone else here has seen and remembers it, but my fave role of his was always Orry Maine in North and South back in the early 80s:

n045.jpg

good actor and a decent man by the sounds of things, R.I.P :(

backed, easily his best film in my book.

Indeed, and I'd totally forgotten about my favourite film of all time, 'Donnie Darko', until Tim mentioned it, but correct indeed, he is also in that one. Great role too.