Heavens Edge: Self-titled, What a great album

Ali Rock

No thats a killer song, I dont see it fitting well as a single though, I really dont, and im only saying that as a semi educated half wit who knows nothing about everything, I think every song on that cd is solid, but none of them have that jump out and grab your sack catch to them, they really dont, if you want me to prove it, look how much attention they got, it's not like they were on some podunk label with no backing and no chance at exposure, no bro, they were on a major radio station that played nothing but that kind of music, and plenty other bands fit right into it as well, they just didnt have that song, im telling you, regardless of what you and I think about it, we are not the majority of listeners back then, we are hardcore melodic rock lovers, what catches our ear, and what catches the general publics ears are 2 very different animals, trust me bro.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason people seem to notice every time I like a ballad (which 99% of the time in on a harder rocking CD) but no one's taking notes that it's very seldom that "AOR ballads" ever do much for me at all. I actually don't really like those sickly sweet love ballads at all. 'Hold on to tonight' is nice and has some good moments, but it's not one of my preferred ballads at all. I MUCH prefer 'Just another fire.' To any ballad they recorded, in fact. Even the 2nd one on 'SOPSOT' is one of their weaker songs.

And Cody, as for the stand-out song, do you not think 'Come Play The Game' is one of the best songs ever recorded? It would make my top 20 songs of all time, I reckon.

bahahahah, says he who loves Wild Rose. Oh the irony.

backed on CPTG though

There is no irony there - only a proven point. Because the Wild Rose ballads are weak as piss, and easily the weakest songs on their CDs. And you'll find it across the board on a lot of AOR CDs. 99% of the time the ballad/s will be some of the weakest tunes for me.

I do like Wild Rose a lot but with almost every single compliment I have given that band, I have made a special note that I love them despite the terrible lyrics. Not because of them.

Sometimes - not often - a band is great, despite their awful love lyrics. And Wild Rose is one of those bands, even if their ballads are their worst songs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest force perspective

for all Heaven's Edge fans, check out their 3 song demo with an interview with Mark Evans plus live tracks. All the tracks have been remastered. Even Reggie Ru himself downloaded it. I sent him the link via Facebook. Enjoy!

http://ge.tt/5LbQtaS/v/0?c

**Note** you must create a login with Ge.tt to download

• 4 years later...

I love this album. And Reggie Wu was a great guitarist. When I first heard this, I thought that this band can go toe-to-toe against Racer X when it comes to shredding guitar. Well, I think it was only Wu who did all of the solos in their album unlike in Second Heat of Racer X where Paul GIlbert shared solo duties with Bruce Bouillet. Regardless, Wu didn't get the attention that he rightfully deserves. Great melodies, amazing musicianship, and good production - I can't ask anything more.

Killer album. Not every song is perfect, though there's only one or two fillers. 'Come play the game' is basically the epitome of a perfect melodic hard rock song too. Love this album.