Which Retrospect releases were you impressed with?

Hey Sam! what the fuck? how about bringing Retrospect Night through Ogden? don't play like you wouldnt draw major interest around here! it's all there is, mexicans and rockers! Do Sam, this Summer!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 3 faves are:

ISOM - Hearts On Fire

XL NEW YORK - Walkin' New York

DEFCON - S/T

We are definitely going to do some Retrospect Nights in Salt Lake.

Funnily enough , Bad Angels have just reformed for a one-off show in Laughlin (NV) on April 25th - they are going to do the entire album. I am soooo going to video the show!!

Just finished signing the biggest band yet for R.R.!!!!

LOTS AND LOTS OF NEWS COMING YOUR WAY!!

\m/ \m/

Sam

.....of the 40 or so I have heard I am pretty attached to the Lonely Heart CD. To me it has a very unique sound and I thought all the songs were very good. Only problem I found was everything seemed to sound the same. Same is OK with me though. As for a 2nd & 3rd thats pretty hard to tell. I was impressed with most I heard. There was some that I wouldnt keep but most had at least one outstanding song on them.

Rock Candy- Sucker For A Pretty Face......is at the top of my wishlist for a RR reissue!

O/w, Lorraine, Pretty Boy, Defcon, Mariah- S/T, Isom, Fire With Fire, Fierce Heart, Stranger- No More Dirty Deals, Crush- ...This, and the first Cuttlass album are all some of the excellent RR discs that stand out in my modest collection :headbanger: ......Jeff.

Rock Candy- Sucker For A Pretty Face......is at the top of my wishlist for a RR reissue!

O/w, Lorraine, Pretty Boy, Defcon, Mariah- S/T, Isom, Fire With Fire, Fierce Heart, Stranger- No More Dirty Deals, Crush- ...This, and the first Cuttlass album are all some of the excellent RR discs that stand out in my modest collection :headbanger: ......Jeff.

Nice selection there. I'd agree, except I'm yet to hear Isom or Feirce Heart. :( I forgot about Crush as I'm lucky enough to have an original, but that is a great CD. No doubt one of the best on the label.

Nice selection there. I'd agree, except I'm yet to hear Isom or Feirce Heart. :( I forgot about Crush as I'm lucky enough to have an original, but that is a great CD. No doubt one of the best on the label.

I think I've been outbid 4-5 times on e-bay for an original copy of Crush so far :doh: , probably one of my top ten favorite albums. Whenever I want to remind myself of why I became interested in MHR in the first place, I spin that CD.........So, here's a toast to your venerated (and much coveted) original copy :beerbang:, may it live a long and pampered life.........Jeff.

We are definitely going to do some Retrospect Nights in Salt Lake.

Funnily enough , Bad Angels have just reformed for a one-off show in Laughlin (NV) on April 25th - they are going to do the entire album. I am soooo going to video the show!!

Just finished signing the biggest band yet for R.R.!!!!

LOTS AND LOTS OF NEWS COMING YOUR WAY!!

\m/ \m/

Sam

Where are they playing? I wanna go check that out!

I think I've been outbid 4-5 times on e-bay for an original copy of Crush so far :doh: , probably one of my top ten favorite albums. Whenever I want to remind myself of why I became interested in MHR in the first place, I spin that CD.........So, here's a toast to your venerated (and much coveted) original copy :beerbang:, may it live a long and pampered life.........Jeff.

Yeah, and the funny this is it only cost me less than us$10 off ebay when I bought it... though that was about 8 or 9 years ago now. :)

after melting another RR baby i decided to include it in my top also. i'm talking 'bout graven image.although a LA band i consider them an OH band(they moved from OH to LA searching for some success)....the cd has 1-2 weak moments(beat, wish you were dead) mostly in their effort to get some airplay, me thinks....but their heart belongs to pure US metal....trax like soul crusher, gates of steel and the unbelievable the silent truth do it for me....every time i'm listening to this monster i grab my shield'n'stormbringer and run to the nearest hill outside my office screaming and shouting(just to scare some lovely hares and foxes there)....pounding riffing and high pitched vox is my cup of tea,my ticket to asgard....needless to say that when i'm listening to this baby i feel the urge to eat at least 50 thrash/punkers for breakfast.... :lol:

edit: and also atomik cocktail is doing it very fine so far from me....yeah, some jewels are really hidden in the floridian swamps. i only pray and hope that sam will convince matt harding to release some of the apostle stuff, release the steel angel album and the 2nd unreleased lp from the mighty thatcher.....

• 2 weeks later...

For right now I only own 2 Retrospect cd's & I bought them at last years Rocklahoma ( Believe me I wanted more but realized I didn't bring enough cash :crying:)

VYPER - "PREPARED TO STRIKE" (These boys were from my area & I used to go see them play around here all the time)

RON KEEL - "2 CD RETROSPECTIVE" (He kicked major ass at Rocklahoma last year!!) :headbanger:

For right now I only own 2 Retrospect cd's & I bought them at last years Rocklahoma ( Believe me I wanted more but realized I didn't bring enough cash :crying:)

VYPER - "PREPARED TO STRIKE" (These boys were from my area & I used to go see them play around here all the time)

RON KEEL - "2 CD RETROSPECTIVE" (He kicked major ass at Rocklahoma last year!!) :headbanger:

Vypers got some excellent dokken-esque traxx & I'm so trilled at Ron releasing alot of obscure tracks. I hope he'll come out with another release soon. :beerbang:

I absolutely love Cobra Dane even though I don't own it. I just wish it had better sound and I owned a copy. The cds I have need a bit more work on the inserts and some need more work on remastering the music. I'm guessing that some tracks are as good as they're going to get, but it's still a bit disheartening to hear songs that sound like they were from a second generation cassette copy. Soundwise I think Gypsy Blue is the best release I have, but Nasty Nasty isn't far behind and I like it much better.

Not sure if what I just wrote made any sense, but I hope it did. From what I hear the newer releases are much better quality. We shall see at Rocklahoma. I'm going to get quite a few signed cds. Any chance I can score a copy of Cobra Dane?

I definately have to add Freakshow & Wildstreet to my list! Fantastic albums that prove that this music is still alive and well. :bowdown:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I really like these three:

The Action - 'Louder than words' ; good, solid 80's melodic rock/AOR with some nice keys for the whusses out there. ;) But seriously, very good disc.

The Blitz - 'Get it on' ; if you love Autograph, check this one out. Very much in the style of Autograph, but complimentary too. I really enjoy this disc.

Demure - s/t ; a few fillers, but some really strong material. One of my favourite releases from Retrospect overall.

The shitter? Both my car and one of my home stereos do not play CDRs anymore so airtime for these discs in my ears is very limited, but all are very good.

I am just listening to another awesome Retrospect AOR release:

Champion - Halfway to Heaven

:guitbannana: