Which Retrospect releases were you impressed with?

Hi everyone , you know I've been at this for 3 and a half years now and , believe it or not , I really do value the opinions of many of the members here at HH because YOU are the collectors and fans of the type of music Retrospect releases.

I'd really like to know , if you own ANY or a few Retrospect releases and can comment , which releases you thought were our best so far. Maybe a top 3? It really helps me discern the type of releases which are making an impact on the listeners.

Thanks for your help guys. Much appreciated.

Your top 3?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defcon - S/T

XL New York - Walkin' New York

Bad Angels - On The Rail

Brinx - Rain On The City

:banger:

I own 35 Retrospect releases. (!)

My top 5 are:

RPM - RPM/Photogenic

Alliance - Alliance

Nakd City - Crawlin'

Limousine - Roxs U

Fury - Fury

But there is still Cinema, Finger Print, Jimi Goare, Mariah, ........... and some more to come ! :banger:

My top 10 Sam. :tumbsup:

RPM - RPM/Phonogenic

Alliance - S/T

Defcon - S/T

XL New York - Walkin' New York

Nantucket - V

Limousine - Rox U

Sharx - On The Rock

Monro - S/T

Fierce Heart - S/T

Brinx - Rain On The City

Well, this is going to be pretty hard to narrow it down to 3...because there are so many that I love!

But if I had to pick 3, they would be;

- Defcon - "Defcon"

- Wild August - "Wild August 2"

- Pair A Dice - "Pair A Dice"

Some other ones that are right up there too, are;

- Mariah - "Mariah"

- Valor - "Toy Soldiers"

- Both Pyramid releases

- T.Y.R. - "All Comes Down To You"

- Heartless

for me

Alliance

Fury

Mass

and my Jersey/Philly buddies

Krank

Metalwolf

Midnight Hero

White Foxx

World War III

All the Mariah albums. Especially the DVD's included in the second pressings. Those kick ass. Huge. I am glad that you gave Reckless~ No Frills a proper release. I wish there would have been some bonus cuts included though. Same with Fierce Heart.

Keep 'em coming Sam! I love to "discover" new bands from the best era in rock. The 80's and early 90's. Nice work.

It is interesting how many different releases have already been mentioned. I guess that means you are putting out ALOT of great stuff.

If I was to pick three:

1.) Pair A Dice ~ "S/T"

2.) All the Mariah releases

3.) Shy Tiger ~ "Tails Out"

That was tough... But I'm more then sure that the DC Star release will enter at #1 when it is released.

Well Sam, I think you know what mine are,

1. Mass - New Birth

2. Vyper - Prepared To Strike

3. Defcon - S\T

4. Wild August - 2

5. This Spots Reserved for when I finally track down those FUCKERS!!! from NEW YORK!!! SO CARRY THE TORCH!!!!

And I Will, sooner then later, keep up the good work sam, and let's try and get those demos of Wang Chung, that would be a smokin release!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Wow - seems Defcon made almost everyone's list!! I think I need them to come play Rocklahoma for sure!

Just a quick update , we have a lot of great releases coming out in the next 30 days so keep your eyes peeled. Everything from The Innocent , Freakshow , Wildstreet , both Michael Furlong albums , D'Molls , Firstryke 'Just a Nightmare' , Hunter , Vendetta (yes the album from 1982!) , Jekyll , The Romeo Slam , Fleury , Scram and a ton of others!

Also , lots of Retrospect showcase nights popping up around the country - Tampa , Philly , Cleveland , Chicago - if you are close by I'll put you on the guest list!

First night MAY 2nd - Pennant East - Bellmawr NJ

Rock On guys! Thanks again. Cheers!

P.S. MASSIVE announcement coming soon regarding one of THE most coveted AOR bands of the mid-80s....

i forgot to put paladin on my personal top(of course i would give land and water for the vinyl version,ah well). trax like knight driver, broken hearts, on fire, empty faces(had to write them all!) are so so so fekking cool! like riot with speranza!

and how did i forget the mighty diamond! i already have this baby on vinyl and then their bassist send me a nicely done poster which was framed and put on my wall. if all melodic metal albums were like this then i would be the biggest melodic metal fan of the world!

also alleyrat is getting more and more spins. has some riffs that give chil to my spine every time i play it! so much wasted talent! a throat that can be found only on the other side of atlantic! secret love, oh oh oh(man, is benito's little brother on the mic here!).....on the more melodic side of megabands like fifth angel, heir apparent,titan force etc. needless also to write about their logo. done in the great olde tradition...thanx to sam for all these treasures!

some disappointments: valor, alas they didn't live up to my expectations. way to "mellow" for my tastes. and these real steel dudes. for a moment i thought it was the other real steel with the great 7" but alas this is not the case here. i don't like their akka dakka style and surely not the vox.

I own about 40 Retrospect releases. My Top 15:

1. Defcon - S/T

2. Stranger - No Rules

3. Isom - Hearts On Fire

4. Arrival - Point Of Origin

5. Mariah - S/T

6. Mariah - Somewhere Between Heaven And Earth

7. Stranger - No More Dirty Deals

8. Fire With Fire – S/T

9. Brinx - Rain On The City

10. Cobra Dane – S/T

11. Far Cry – S/T

12. Monro - S/T

13. Jag Wire – Made In Heaven

14. The Action - Louder Than Words

15. Cracked Actor – C.A & Make You Sweat

Thanks for the feedback guys. Wow - seems Defcon made almost everyone's list!! I think I need them to come play Rocklahoma for sure!

Just a quick update , we have a lot of great releases coming out in the next 30 days so keep your eyes peeled. Everything from The Innocent , Freakshow , Wildstreet , both Michael Furlong albums , D'Molls , Firstryke 'Just a Nightmare' , Hunter , Vendetta (yes the album from 1982!) , Jekyll , The Romeo Slam , Fleury , Scram and a ton of others!

Also , lots of Retrospect showcase nights popping up around the country - Tampa , Philly , Cleveland , Chicago - if you are close by I'll put you on the guest list!

First night MAY 2nd - Pennant East - Bellmawr NJ

Rock On guys! Thanks again. Cheers!

P.S. MASSIVE announcement coming soon regarding one of THE most coveted AOR bands of the mid-80s....

That's awesome Sam, I am really looking forward to getting that Freakshow CD! I'll probably also be getting D'Molls & Wildstreet as well sometime...

And those "showcase nights" sound like a really cool idea! Hopefully one of them comes somewhere near where I live sometime....

There are still a lot I am hoping to get - the Mass ones sound awesome. Off the top of my head my favourite two are:

Defcon - s/t

Pretty Boy - s/t