Opinions wanted on this track.

heavyharmonies

Right off the bat, I do not like the vocals at all. The drums sound like they were done on plasic buckets. The lyrics are not bad.

I would have to say that I do not like this band Dan.

Well, I figured out who the band is. I won't give the name 'cause I dont know if I should? I'll just say the CD this track is on has aliens on the front cover.

Anyway, I like it. Not exactly the type of music I rush out to buy. A few other tracks available for sample were short but not too bad from what was there.

Although it sounds like it was recorded with a Mister Microphone in spots, I kinda like it...Pop metal plus grindcore. Haircore?

I'd need to hear more to determine if it's in my wheelhouse, but it sounds HH worthy.

Aside from the piss poor production making the whole thing sound "cloudy", it's not bad.

I knows it too! I won't say who but the aliens cover is right....a bunch of them at that....but put the gun down please (band name clue!)

One of my buds had the CD (hello Richard if you read this ...you're famous!) and played it a few million times round his place, he was infatuated with it for around a month and I mean loved it, car, house, everywhere....then I never heard it again (I suppose he still has it) , I'd say that was a year or more ago.....I remember this particularly as I think it was the lead off track so got played the most.

I'm not sure how well known the band is but he used to collect all sorts of weird and wonderful shit, most of which was just too out there or heavy for my tastes, mainly recommended from his brother who works over in the U.S.

It was okay...some of the songs were a little samey from what I heard ..... but it didn't make me want to rush out and buy it.

I was reading the reviews on CDBaby for this...and they say Bullet Boys mixed with Motley Crue, etc...which to some degree I can hear. I also hear some White Zombie type stuff goin' on.....

I don't necessarily like the vocals..too all over the place. But...the song has a nice groove to it....never heard of this band before now either (LPP)...came out in the late 90's....

And...they have a myspace page.....pretty good groovin' stuff if you can take the vox...

Flip...just been to CD Baby...bloody hell I thought the album was super obscure and rare haha!!! Shows what I know, by the way I just belled my mate too (he's in a pub in Manchester centre the bastid!) and he still has the CD.

Since enough people have figured it out, the band is Load Point Pull, and this track is the lead track from their 1998 CD "We've Come to Take What's Ours".

This is not a scarce disc (I paid $5 for mine on eBay). I was toying with the idea of adding the disc to HH, but it blurs the boundary between rock and modern metal in various places... and their subsequent disc is NOT HH fodder (in fact I didn't like it at all). This one though, has some decent tracks on it.

Production isn't the best, but there's something catchy about it...

-Dan

Load Point Pull? I reviewed their DOWN IN FLAMES album for Detritus last year sometime... didn't think much of it, traded it off soon after the review was done.

Sorry y'all. Not my thang.

>> Load Point Pull? I reviewed their DOWN IN FLAMES album for Detritus last year sometime... didn't think much of it, traded it off soon after the review was done.

Sorry y'all. Not my thang. <<

Yep, you killed it, you fucker!!! :thppt:

LOL

Hahaha, if the band's future reputation was hanging on MY worthless opinion then they were in worse shape than I thought. :lol:

Hmmm, wouldn't go out of my way to listen to that ever again, but extremely mildly interested to hear their other material. I won't object if it never happens though...