Favorite song: Dokken - "Tooth and Nail" (1984)

"Tooth and Nail" (1984)  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dokken's "Tooth and Nail" - an absolutely ESSENTIAL album for any fan of 80's metal/rock if you ask me. And another great album from '84....damn, that was a great year for rock & metal wasn't it?! So many great releases...

Anyway, now here's the tough part...what's your favorite song off of it?!

My favorite could change from time to time, but I'm gonna go with "Don't Close Your Eyes"! I just love the riff on that one!

Closely followed by; "Just Got Lucky", "Into the Fire" and "Alone Again".

Also in my opinion, this is one album that was "all killer and no filler"!

So, what do you think?

My answer would most likely change with my mood, but currently I'd say "Just got Lucky" would be my fave. When you're in the mood for something more "metallic" though, it's hard to beat the title track or "When Heaven Comes down". :banger:

Can`t decide between these......

Just Got Lucky

When Heaven Comes Down

Into The Fire

Will have to play this again :tumbsup:

I mean.....once choice on this album is damn near impossible.....

Ahh damnit...I'll just go with "Alone Again"...but seriously....I could have picked 6 others easily....

Wow now that's a tough one but I went with DON'T CLOSE YOUR EYES although WHEN HEAVEN COMES DOWN comes in a close 2nd....I also think ALONE AGAIN is one of the best power ballads ever recorded...

I mean.....once choice on this album is damn near impossible.....

Ahh damnit...I'll just go with "Alone Again"...but seriously....I could have picked 6 others easily....

True statement...if you don't own this album, well shame on you. Very difficult to pick as everyone has said but I'll go with Just Got Lucky.

...if you don't own this album, well shame on you.

Well, shame on me then. Somehow I'll try to live with myself. God knows I can certainly live without this album. -_-

For no reason I can explain, my favorite song on this disc has always been Bullets to Spare. Maybe the stop and start drums got my attention, or maybe it's that Lynch's playing is unusually crisp and understated. It is definitely a nice hard rock tune on a great metal release, no matter what that silly metalmeatheadWD40 (or whatever Mark goes by these days) thinks. :nyanya:

Haven't I done a poll on this already? :unsure:

Here it is all the way back in 2006.

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=tooth,and,nail

I voted for "Into the Fire" last time so that's where my vote goes this time too. :tumbsup:

Yeah, well I kinda figured that it might've been done before...

But I do know that there have been a lot of new members since then, that might not have took part in it before. And I was listening to it the other day, and wanted to talk about it again! haha

Haven't I done a poll on this already? :unsure:

Here it is all the way back in 2006.

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=tooth,and,nail

I voted for "Into the Fire" last time so that's where my vote goes this time too. :tumbsup:

Yeah, well I kinda figured that it might've been done before...

But I do know that there have been a lot of new members since then, that might not have took part in it before. And I was listening to it the other day, and wanted to talk about it again! haha

No worries. :headbanger:

I think there's a Tesla and a Black N Blue poll that we've done at two or three times.

...if you don't own this album, well shame on you.

Well, shame on me then. Somehow I'll try to live with myself. God knows I can certainly live without this album. -_-

To each their own...keep on living man ;)