Sucky songs on killer albums

Jimbo

It occurred to me today while I was listening to one of my favorite albums (Stranger's "No Rules") that I really hate, hate, HATE the song "Autumn Time Again". In fact, I don't think I have ever been able to listen to the whole song straight through. If not for that one song, that album would be a 9.5 in my humble opinion...

What songs do you guys think stink up an otherwise stellar release?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies to zacharyamelie, whose similar thread on this subject I missed. Check it out here:

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20057

(Sorry, dude. ;) )

Play that Funky Music - Thunder {Giving The Game Away}....It makes me :puke:

Back Talk on Journey's Frontiers

Gangland on Maiden's NOTB

Revolution on Bad Habit's Revolution........LOL

Slow n Easy on Sargent Fury's Still Want more.......I spun this just today and that song is a piece of shite on an otherwise killer hard rock album!!!

Doin Time on Paul Laine's otherwise flawless Stick It In Your Ear !!!

Tungur Kniver.......can you believe this piece of shite starts Jorn's killer Worldchanger album ????

The hideous 'A Million Nights' on Sturm Und Drang's killer Rock n Roll Children

'Conspiracy' on Organised Crime.

Cheers

Two come to mind immediately...

"Shoot, Shoot" on Dio's SACRED HEART. Ugh.

"Twist" on Halford's RESURRECTION

"Ordinary Lover" by TNT, I forget which album that is, but I hate that tune...

I was thinking "Easy Street" and "Indian Summer" from TNT's 'Realized Fantasies'.

Also good calls, TNT has a history of balancing awesomeness with total crap on their albums IMO, and I say that even being a HUGE fan. The only album I feel differently about is Knights of the New Thunder which is a consistently smoking release. :beerbang:

Just thought of another one:

"Promises" on Overkill's FROM THE UNDERGROUND AND BELOW

The album is one of Overkill's best, but "Promises" is a half-baked power ballad (!) that sticks out from the rest of the album's thrashing awesomeness like a turd on a birthday cake.

Saxon (love 'em to death) - 'Party 'Til You Puke (from 'Rock The Nations') which made me do just that. Utter shite of the highest order. Be ashamed lads, very ashamed :puke:

'When Rock Was King' - Jimi Jamison from 'Crossroads Moment' an otherwise pretty damned good disc.

My god is this song (and accompanying video) a true embarassment of the highest order. Peterik and Jamison go and hang your heads in shame. Sooo corny, it made me literally cringe when I first heard and saw it . Truly awful in it's awfulness and a reason why AOR sometimes gets a slating . All AOR fans cringe and then go and hide :anon:

Even more:

Stryper's "Honestly" on TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL, "Together As One" and "First Love" on SOLDIERS UNDER COMMAND, and "I Believe In You" on IN GOD WE TRUST ... never liked this band's ballads much (other than "Lady" on AGAINST THE LAW, which is better than all of the previous ballads combined)

'When Rock Was King' - Jimi Jamison from 'Crossroads Moment' an otherwise pretty damned good disc.

My god is this song (and accompanying video) a true embarassment of the highest order. Peterik and Jamison go and hang your heads in shame. Sooo corny, it made me literally cringe when I first heard and saw it . Truly awful in it's awfulness and a reason why AOR sometimes gets a slating . All AOR fans cringe and then go and hide :anon:

Glad someone else thinks this is as bad as it is.

Really cringeworthy

"Ice Cream Man" on Van Halen's debut. A kick ass album ruined with a stupid joke song tacked onto the end... It would have fit perfectly on Diver Down however.

"Carrie" on Europe's Final Countdown. I hate this song with a passion...one of the worst 80's power ballads ever stuck right in the middle of an otherwise fine album.

Glad someone else thinks this is as bad as it is.

Really cringeworthy

it has been deleted from my ipod.....never to be heard again!

"Disease" from Dokken's "Lightning Strikes Again".

That is one God-awful tune!! :puke:

:agree: Whole heartedly. Way too mainstream for that album. But how much does the rest of the album rock? :bunch:

The rest of the album is killer!! :banger:

They should have replaced "Disease" with either of the bonus tracks "Sunset Superstar" or "Leave Me Alone".

• My Little Pony
Even more:

Stryper's "Honestly" on TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL, "Together As One" and "First Love" on SOLDIERS UNDER COMMAND, and "I Believe In You" on IN GOD WE TRUST ... never liked this band's ballads much (other than "Lady" on AGAINST THE LAW, which is better than all of the previous ballads combined)

Lady is one amazing ballad, one of my favourites, but Stryper's other ballads sound too churchy. They have that 80's church keys which bring back bad memories of my previous church.