Sucky songs on killer albums

Jimbo

Slow n Easy on Sargent Fury's Still Want more.......I spun this just today and that song is a piece of shite on an otherwise killer hard rock album!!!

Weren't you telling me just the other day that you couldn't understand why I was dying to own this, according to you, average disc? :lol:

'Conspiracy' on Organised Crime.

You are kidding, aren't you? For a while I didn't like 'Mr Heartache' off this disc much, but now I just love it all. I can say without a doubt you are the first person I have ever seen who has heard 'Conspiracy' and does not love it. I retract all nice things I've ever said about your taste in music. ;)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Disease" from Dokken's "Lightning Strikes Again".

That is one God-awful tune!! :puke:

:agree: Whole heartedly. Way too mainstream for that album. But how much does the rest of the album rock? :bunch:

The rest of the album is killer!! :banger:

They should have replaced "Disease" with either of the bonus tracks "Sunset Superstar" or "Leave Me Alone".

I agree. Although Leave Me Alone is not a great track. Don told me he wrote years ago, while he was drunk. I think he said it's his liter of Jack Daniels tune :tumbsup:

Slow n Easy on Sargent Fury's Still Want more.......I spun this just today and that song is a piece of shite on an otherwise killer hard rock album!!!

Weren't you telling me just the other day that you couldn't understand why I was dying to own this, according to you, average disc? :lol:

You are kidding, aren't you? For a while I didn't like 'Mr Heartache' off this disc much, but now I just love it all. I can say without a doubt you are the first person I have ever seen who has heard 'Conspiracy' and does not love it. I retract all nice things I've ever said about your taste in music. ;)

Mmm, yeah I fucked up with that Treat comment.....just re-listened and it good all the way through - I was at work and just remembered I always skipped one and couldnt remember which.

As for Sargent Fury - its grown on me. First few listens I didnt think the hooks were there - just took a few spins to sink in. That Slow n Easy song is a bit out of place tho.

• 4 weeks later...
"Disease" from Dokken's "Lightning Strikes Again".

That is one God-awful tune!! :puke:

:agree: Whole heartedly. Way too mainstream for that album. But how much does the rest of the album rock? :bunch:

The rest of the album is killer!! :banger:

They should have replaced "Disease" with either of the bonus tracks "Sunset Superstar" or "Leave Me Alone".

I agree. Although Leave Me Alone is not a great track. Don told me he wrote years ago, while he was drunk. I think he said it's his liter of Jack Daniels tune :tumbsup:

I actually like "Disease", sure it sounds much more modern than the rest of the disc but I think it's a good tune. There's really not one tune I dislike on that disc and do think if they did add "Sunset Superstar" to the US version they should of dropped one of the ballads.

Mmm, yeah I fucked up with that Treat comment.....just re-listened and it good all the way through - I was at work and just remembered I always skipped one and couldnt remember which.

"Conspiracy" is hands down the best tune on that disc IMO.

Now "Party All Over" is not a very good song to my ears at least.

Even more:

Stryper's "Honestly" on TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL, "Together As One" and "First Love" on SOLDIERS UNDER COMMAND, and "I Believe In You" on IN GOD WE TRUST ... never liked this band's ballads much (other than "Lady" on AGAINST THE LAW, which is better than all of the previous ballads combined)

I like those ballads.

EUROPE - Little Bit of Lovin' (on "Prisoners In Paradise")

Without this tune they'd have had 2 albums in a row (after the mighty "Out of This World") that were filler free. AWFUL song.

• 3 years later...

Just stumbled across this thread and couldn't resist adding 'If It's to Be (It's Up to Me)' from the Toby Hitchcock album, 'Mercury's Down'. Terrible song imo, my most hated of 2011.

:puke:

Without this tune they'd have had 2 albums in a row (after the mighty "Out of This World") that were filler free. AWFUL song.

Never saw this one - love that song. Definitely not the best on the CD, but not really a filler at all. I had a look at the track list and admit it's the weakest on there. But it's like 'Mr Heartache' on Treat's 'Organized Crime.' The weakest song, no doubt, but the overall quality is pretty ridiculously high.

Never saw this one - love that song. Definitely not the best on the CD, but not really a filler at all. I had a look at the track list and admit it's the weakest on there. But it's like 'Mr Heartache' on Treat's 'Organized Crime.' The weakest song, no doubt, but the overall quality is pretty ridiculously high.

I like that song to!

It's not terrifying, but I always skip 'Crush' on Blue Tears' otherwise flawless debut.

:lol: Seriously. You and I have totally different opinions when it comes to picking the best song on a CD. "Crush" is the only song on that CD that I like. I consider the rest to be filler.

Like you said, "to each his own". :beerbang:

It's not terrifying, but I always skip 'Crush' on Blue Tears' otherwise flawless debut.

:lol: Seriously. You and I have totally different opinions when it comes to picking the best song on a CD. "Crush" is the only song on that CD that I like. I consider the rest to be filler.

Like you said, "to each his own". :beerbang:

:lol: Wowser. Yeah, it certainly appears we have pretty much opposite tastes for individual songs. You consider the Blue Tears album to be all filler? Wow mate... crazy bastard. ;)

I agree with 'Gangland' from 'The Number Of The Beast' ... and I'll add 'Quest For Fire' from 'Piece Of Mind' ... *shudder* ...

I happily skip 'Hina' when I play DLR's 'Skyscraper' ... and 'I'll Be There For You' ruins what I think is Bon Jovi's best album ...

I agree with 'Gangland' from 'The Number Of The Beast' ... and I'll add 'Quest For Fire' from 'Piece Of Mind' ... *shudder* ...

I happily skip 'Hina' when I play DLR's 'Skyscraper' ... and 'I'll Be There For You' ruins what I think is Bon Jovi's best album ...

...but you happily listen to 'Bottom Line'?

TBH, that album is the opposite for me - 'Just Like Paradise' is a great chooon, but I'll happily skip the rest (with the possible exception of 'Stand Up'; not a great song, but damn catchy).

Inspired by the 'overrated' thread, I'm tempted to offer up 'Give Me All Your Love' from Whitesnake's 1987 album for this thread. Easily the worst song on the album for me, really weak.

and 'I'll Be There For You' ruins what I think is Bon Jovi's best album ...

Yowser! Worse than 'Love for sale' even?

It's a close one, but 'I'll Be There ...' just about edges it for me ... :)

TBH, that album is the opposite for me - 'Just Like Paradise' is a great chooon, but I'll happily skip the rest (with the possible exception of 'Stand Up'; not a great song, but damn catchy).

Yup. I LOVE 'Skyscraper' (apart from 'Hina') ... in fact (and I realise that I'm very much in the minority here), I prefer it over 'Eat 'em And Smile' ... hang on, I'll just get me coat ...

Inspired by the 'overrated' thread, I'm tempted to offer up 'Give Me All Your Love' from Whitesnake's 1987 album for this thread. Easily the worst song on the album for me, really weak.

And that's saying something! ;)

Yup. I LOVE 'Skyscraper' (apart from 'Hina') ... in fact (and I realise that I'm very much in the minority here), I prefer it over 'Eat 'em And Smile' ... hang on, I'll just get me coat ...

I'd agree with 'Skyscraper' being better than 'Eat...', but I still think it's a comedy album.

I'd agree with 'Skyscraper' being better than 'Eat...', but I still think it's a comedy album.

You expected something different from Diamond Dave? :)

I love Cinderella's Still Climbing to death but the closing track "Hot N Bothered" is a stiff. It just doesn't fit the vibe of the rest of the album (possibly because it's a retread from the Wayne's World movie soundtrack tacked onto the end of this album for reasons known only to the band/record label...)

Never liked "Sorrow is a Woman" on Def Leppard's otherwise solid On Through the Night.