Favorite "M" Band

"M" Bands  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But my top "M" would have to be... MSG (Michael Schenker Group, McAuley/Schenker Group).

Backed 100%

Another glaring omission in the prog rock field is Marillion.

Of those listed :

Magnum (by a mile!)

Wow another Marillion fan..... Very cool... Love the Misplaced Childhood album.. Absolutely brilliant....... :tumbsup: Never heard anything with the new singer though......

Add another Marillion here as well - brilliant band, Old and New.

But my top "M" would have to be... MSG (Michael Schenker Group, McAuley/Schenker Group).

Backed 100%

Another glaring omission in the prog rock field is Marillion.

Of those listed :

Magnum (by a mile!)

Wow another Marillion fan..... Very cool... Love the Misplaced Childhood album.. Absolutely brilliant....... :tumbsup: Never heard anything with the new singer though......

Script is probably my favourite prog release ever. Complete genius from beginning to end.

Fugazi and Misplaced Childhood are also superb

Im not such a fan of the Hogarth era.

Cheers

MACHINE HEAD aren't there?.... They'd have got my vote, after having the best album of last year (IMO of course). :banger:

My write-in picks, though (Sorry Mark, only 2nd time I've had to subject you to this, but you missed some good ones here), are:

2. Melidian

They've only recorded 9 songs (to my knowledge), a couple of which are distinctly average? mmm.

Really? If you ask me that album was filler-free. F*cking love that thing. One of my all-time faves.

Im gonna have to re-listen to this now - I just recall it losing its way in the middle. 'Livin Under the Gun' and 'Top of the Rock' are sublime pieces of perfect hard rock though.

The point of my post was that a band with only 4 or 5 killer songs period, is never going to make my fav 'M' band...... :drink:

MACHINE HEAD aren't there? They'd have got my vote, after having the best album of last year (IMO of course). :banger:

They were originally part of the poll, but when I had to narrow it down to 20 choices, I scratched them off, because I figured you'd be the only one who would vote for 'em. ;) Their last album really hasn't grabbed me despite multiple listens...I never bother reaching for it anymore. Too busy listening to accessibly-sissified bands like Bullet For My Valentine. :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • My Little Pony

I'm still a rookie, so my knowledge of most of those is next to nil.

I went with Mr. Big followed by Mastedon, however if Mariah was in there that would have easily taken number one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...