What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Picked up some 'different' ones this week....

Katy Perry

Kerli

Thriving Ivory

Quarterback - Trampled under Foot

Blonde on Blonde - Labyrinth of Love

Thrills - Frontpage News

Melidian - Lost in the Wild

Well after the big haul when James was in town I have added quite a mess of CD's that I'm behind in braggarting about, but here are the ones I found at the local swap meet today:

Full Scale-S/T

More to come...

Terry, what are your thoughts on full scale, I used to know the guitarist :)

The singer is now in Mammal, you may like them too.

Its not a bad record. Very much reminds of Rage Against The Machine, POD, Zebrahead... Would be curious to hear that Mammal stuff.

Barren Cross-State Of Control

Which version is it: the one with "Your Love Gives" as the bonus track or "Escape in the Night?"

If it's the "Your Love Gives" version... I envy your dumpster diving luck. (shakes fist) :lol:

Journey - 'Arrival'

I thought you hated Journey?

'Arrival' is by far their 2nd best album, imo.

:screwy: sometimes you puzzle me mate.

Sorry mate. Imo just an average band with a massive following.

Which version is it: the one with "Your Love Gives" as the bonus track or "Escape in the Night?"

If it's the "Your Love Gives" version... I envy your dumpster diving luck. (shakes fist) :lol:

Nah, its the later version (kicks toe in the dirt...), but still nice slab to have around. Especially for the buy in price of one American dollar.

Did not recall the Bruce Dickinson like vocals on this album, but what a dead ringer for him.

Well after the big haul when James was in town I have added quite a mess of CD's that I'm behind in braggarting about, but here are the ones I found at the local swap meet today:

Full Scale-S/T

More to come...

Its not a bad record. Very much reminds of Rage Against The Machine, POD, Zebrahead... Would be curious to hear that Mammal stuff.

here's mammal's myspace site

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=73868067

I guess it's more of the same.......... but apparently alot better. keen to know your thoughs.

Full Scale-S/T

More to come...

Thanks for the link. It is quite similar, but in the same breath, it is a bit more "put together" if that makes sense. A little more solid on all fronts: songwriting, musicianship and production... The live track on the myspace page is very tight and the tune Nagasaki In Flames smokes!

I guess it's more of the same.......... but apparently alot better. keen to know your thoughs.

Full Scale-S/T

More to come...

Thanks for the link. It is quite similar, but in the same breath, it is a bit more "put together" if that makes sense. A little more solid on all fronts: songwriting, musicianship and production... The live track on the myspace page is very tight and the tune Nagasaki In Flames smokes!

These 3 came this morning...

Jefferson Starship - Freedom At Point Zero

Led Zeppelin - II

Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy

trying to fill some spots in my molly hatchet collection

molly hatchet / take no prisoners

molly hatchet / the deed is done

Nah, its the later version (kicks toe in the dirt...), but still nice slab to have around. Especially for the buy in price of one American dollar.

Did not recall the Bruce Dickinson like vocals on this album, but what a dead ringer for him.

very nice! I never could figure out why when they re-released state of control they didnt put both on there.. I have both but was considereing the re-release until i found out both songs were not included..

Alex

Yea, still a nice find, esp. for the price... do you have their prior CD, ATOMIC ARENA? One of my all time fave metal CDs, Christian or non. If you don't have it, your mission is to seek that one out next :lol:

Thrills - Front Page News...+1

Roulette - Better Late Than Never

Niagara - Now Or Never

Never actually bought these but new acquirements to the ever growing collection :)

Kansas - Leftoverture

Kansas - Song For America

Kansas - Kansas

Kansas - Two For The Show

The Fold - 'Secrets keep you sick'

Kill Hannah - 'Until there's nothing left'

The Fold - 'This too shall pass'

Pillar - 'For the love of the game'

Run Kid Run - 'This is who we are'

Theory of a Deadman - 'Scars and souveniers'

Kids in the Way - 'Apparitions of melody'