What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

TEN SECOND EPIC - Better Off

ALTER BRIDGE - Live at Wembley CD/DVD

H.E.A.T - Address the Nation

Gosh you surprise me sometimes! I'd have never guessed it. What do you think of this disc? Did you hear before buying?

I just got it the other day too. Best CD so far from these guys, imo. Pretty impressive.

Big Bang-Heavy Pettin

Very underrated album that one mate. Good stuff.

btw - The guitarist Gordon, me and an excellent young girl singer, are working on some of his songs at the moment, with a view to releasing them (under her name) which is quite exciting.

Gosh you surprise me sometimes! I'd have never guessed it. What do you think of this disc? Did you hear before buying?

I just got it the other day too. Best CD so far from these guys, imo. Pretty impressive.

Yeah I quite like their sound, kinda punky pop-rock but with a different edge (and harsher vocals). I've got their last album (think is called "Hometown" or something) but this one's much better on first listen. Nice stuff.

Big Bang-Heavy Pettin

btw - The guitarist Gordon, me and an excellent young girl singer, are working on some of his songs at the moment, with a view to releasing them (under her name) which is quite exciting.

Hey, congrats mate. That sounds pretty exciting. Be sure to post the links when there's tunes available. Yeah, nice one, mate.

BTW, is she sexy?

Yeah I quite like their sound, kinda punky pop-rock but with a different edge (and harsher vocals). I've got their last album (think is called "Hometown" or something) but this one's much better on first listen. Nice stuff.

Yeah, huge step up from 'Hometown.' I did like that disc, and 'Get so far' is a perfect slab of pop rock which gets mega spins from. But 'Better off' sees them revert back to the ballsier roots of their debut, which I think suits them much better. If you listen to all 3 discs you'd swear it was a different vocalist on all 3 discs but if I'm not mistaken it's the same band on all 3. It may just be because they're Canadian too but I hear faint similarities to Summerhero and Cauterize on 'Better off.'

7 Wishes - ...When Rock'n Roll Turns To Buzinez...

Wow mate, my condolences. I made the same terrible, terrible mistake. Shockingly bad CD.

Big Bang-Heavy Pettin

Hey, congrats mate. That sounds pretty exciting. Be sure to post the links when there's tunes available. Yeah, nice one, mate.

BTW, is she sexy?

I'll be sure to let ya know, although I think it will be way to mainstream pop for your tastes mate, sorta Shania Twain crossed with Kelly Clarkson. The idea behind it is to get Jan the singer a record deal. We have the added bonus of Producer Mark Dearnley (who did some of the Heavy Pettin' stuff amongst others) on board to do the final mixes which so far are sounding great. 2 songs nearly done with a view to 4-6 more and we'll see where we go from there.

Oh: ...she is pretty sexy, not that I had noticed.. -_-

Big Bang-Heavy Pettin

BTW, is she sexy?

I'll be sure to let ya know, although I think it will be way to mainstream pop for your tastes mate, sorta Shania Twain crossed with NICK CLARKSON.

Sounds like bad news to me :unsure:

Seriously - nice one bud!

The rest of my dumpster dive at GoHastings.com arrived today...

Alice Cooper - EXTENDED VERSIONS

Motorhead - EXTENDED VERSIONS

Deep Purple - DEEPEST PURPLE: THE VERY BEST OF

aaaaand... at a store on my way home from work today:

Overkill - THE ELECTRIC AGE :beerbang:

God bless the indie stores that don't care about "official" release dates, and just put the stuff out as soon as they get it!!!

God bless the indie stores that don't care about "official" release dates, and just put the stuff out as soon as they get it!!!

Looking forward to hearing your verdict on that Overkill CD...

I only got about five tracks in so far during the ride home but that was enough for me to safely proclaim that it is BAD ASS!!! :banger:

I only got about five tracks in so far during the ride home but that was enough for me to safely proclaim that it is BAD ASS!!! :banger:

My heart says :bananamac:

My head (and wallet) say :doh:

Amethyst - The Maze Of Destiny

Big Trouble - The Very Best Of

Gunner Sixx - Desire

Hunter - L.A. Crossfire

Insania - S/T

Kenny Mac - New Cool World

M80 - The Complete Collection

Switchblade Scarlet - White Line Fever

The Pact - Rock The Nite

The Storm - Sweet Surrender

Wild Rose - Half Past Midnight

Big Bang-Heavy Pettin

I didn't have this back in the day and have spun this a couple of times now and i'm lovin' it.That's cool mate that your doing some recording with Gordon,hope it all goes well and i hope i can hear the material one day.

My wife and i went on a pawn shop and Salvo's hunting trip today and i picked up the following:

Eric Carmen-Eric Carmen up for trade

Absolution-Muse for trade

The Lost Children-Disturbed for trade

Original Album Series 5 cd set-Ministry for trade

Tamborine Mountain-Rick Price for trade

Nightfall In Middle Earth-Blind Guardian for trade

Battalions Of Fear-Blind Guardian

The Forgotten Tales-Blind Guardian

A Night At The Operas-Blind Guardian

My Sacrifice-Creed cd single

The Final Countdown-Europe

Loose Graffiti-Galvatrons