What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Nightmare Before Christmas-Soundtrack Revisited

Pearl Jam-Ten (Re-mastered 2cd/1 dvd)

Black Sabbath-The Rules Of Hell (5 disc re-mastered: Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules, Live Evil & Dehumanzer)

Live At The Colourbox Volume 1-Various Seattle Artists 1995

Drivin' N' Cryin'-Wrapped In Sky

The Almighty-Just Add Life (2 disc, signed by singer)

Papa Roach-Metamorphosis

Thirty Aut Shits-Pro Life Diner

Trigger Point-A Silent Project

Treachen-The Month Of March

+44-When Your Heart Stops Beating

Banshee - Race Against Time(Original)

Ride the Sky - New Protection

Sevendust - Cold Day Memory(Special Edition w/DVD)

Airbourne - No Gut No Glory

excellent pickup..."Precious Metal" kicks ass!!! :headbanger:

Banshee - Race Against Time(Original)

Ride the Sky - New Protection

Sevendust - Cold Day Memory(Special Edition w/DVD)

Airbourne - No Gut No Glory

excellent pickup..."Precious Metal" kicks ass!!! :headbanger:

Oh yeah I love this disc. I had it once before but had traded it for something I really really wanted at the time and I used to see the Banshee's everywhere but then they got kind of hard to find. I also had had it on cassette for years as well so it's been a longtime fav of mine. :headbanger:

Jez, what's this one - Moritz - Undevided ?? Same band that released that City Streets disc last year??

Yes mate - Brand new album just out

http://www.harmonyfactory.co.uk/

Excellent news, just purchased it. I really loved the City Streets disc.

Bullet For My Valentine - 'Fever' ; just in time for a 4 hour drive up the coast this afternoon. Oh yes, this will be loud.

Not quite as good as i was hoping for mate. Solid, well played but nothing really stood out. Im also a bit disappointed when the tracks you have already heard turn out to be the best ones. That's what I loved about the new SOTY, the 2 tracks we heard were good, but there were at least 5 more on the full release which were better IMO. I will admit tho that i was wrong about the opening track. That intro is absolutely killer.

That's kinda what I thought too. Am desperate to like this band as they're British and they're a killer live band. But they just keep releasing fairly mediocre albums and are stuck between various genres. I prefer this to the last album, which was pretty dull, as it's more aggressive and punchier and is produced a lot better. I still think they're destined to miss out on major league rock/metal status as they're stuck between the two genres...

Yeah guys, pretty much agree. I am digging the disc alot, and I honestly don't think there are any awful songs - I like it all. But that said, it's just missing the knock-out blows. As noted, Glen, most the best songs are the first few we all heard. But, one noteable exception is my favourite on the disc, 'Bittersweet memories' - which is just stunning to me. Don't know why there isn't more usage of this type of huge chorus on the CD.

On the plus side, though, it is much better than the last CD, and the clean vocals and great production / heavier sound lead me to prefer it to the debut too. The guitarwork is possibly the best I've heard on a CD this year - rhythm guitar is especially special.

As I said, nothing at all wrong with it but I just wish there were a few more killer tracks, or a stronger chorus presence in general.

Some Journey re-issues :

Escape

Frontiers

Raised On Radio

Classic stuff :bowdown:

Treat - Coup De Grace (Thanks to Wotty ! :banana: )

Scorpions - Lonesome Crow

Scorpions - In Trance...+3 / Virgin Killer...4 (2 CD Box Set)

I thought the original dodgy cover of 'Virgin Killer' was still banned because of the naked child on the cover? Well it's not on this Axe Killer version

Various (Pendragon, Jadis,IQ, Pallas etc) - Mannerisms: A Celebration Of The Music Of Geoff Mann

I thought the original dodgy cover of 'Virgin Killer' was still banned because of the naked child on the cover? Well it's not on this Axe Killer version

Various (Pendragon, Jadis,IQ, Pallas etc) - Mannerisms: A Celebration Of The Music Of Geoff Mann

I gave Lonesome Crow remaster a good play the other day... definately not something id play alot, but i enjoyed it! Sounded pretty good, esp when cruising..

I gave Lonesome Crow remaster a good play the other day... definately not something id play alot, but i enjoyed it! Sounded pretty good, esp when cruising..

Yeah it is very different to the stuff most people know, but Schenker is great on it and it's the only Scorps album he is on. 'In Trance' is damned good aswell and the first album where they really took off. Just got to get 'Fly To The Rainbow' now (which is winging it's way to me as we speak) and my Scorps collection is finished.

After watching the Nazareth DVD today, it brought back some great memories of some great songs and the only stuff I have of theirs is on vinyl so this one was just purchased :tumbsup:

NAZARETH_TSGC.JPG

And just purchased The Jones Gang - Any Day Now as well :tumbsup:

220598349487.jpg

After watching the Nazareth DVD today, it brought back some great memories of some great songs and the only stuff I have of theirs is on vinyl so this one was just purchased :tumbsup:

NAZARETH_TSGC.JPG

Now there is a band I haven't listened to in forever. Vancouver Shakedown is such a kickass song! Gonna have to throw some Naz out in the car now. :party421:

NAZARETH_TSGC.JPG

Thanks for the heads up Dave....all my Nazareth music is on vinyl and this 2CD hits package is just what I needed... :beerbang: