Christian metal reunions

Dormant Christian metal bands  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Christians, Catholics, agnostics, atheists, Wiccans, Satanists, hedonists...regardless of your religious faith (or lack thereof), we all know that some truly kickin' melodic hard rock/metal has come out of the Christian metal arena. Here's a list of some of the more beloved names in the genre who haven't released an album in a long, long time...which one would you most like to see start rockin' for the Rock again and release another studio album?

My vote went to Fear Not. To put out one album that spectacular and then just disappear is truly criminal. I want another one!!!

I totally agree, Mark................Fear Not for me by a mile.......in fact, there was rumor....or something in Heaven's Metal back in early 94 or so that hinted that there is a demo floating around after the S/T release too....but I have had NO LUCK in trackin' that down.

Fear Not for me by a mile....in fact, there was rumor....or something in Heaven's Metal back in early 94 or so that hinted that there is a demo floating around after the S/T release too....but I have had NO LUCK in trackin' that down.

You ever do track that puppy down, make sure you don't forget me! Of course, given how much success we've had at trying to find a copy of Latter Reign, I'm not exactly holding my breath...

Fighter!

They never made a weak album, so the chances of an awesome comeback CD would be pretty good. Can't say the same for The Brave, Halo and Holy Soldier, despite each having brilliant debuts.

BC...no contest. One of my favorite bands ever, Christian or non.

Although something new from Fear Not would be pretty sweet too.

Well, since X-Sinner is not on the list, I went with Barren Cross....... :tumbsup:

That's probably cuz X-Sinner are back together already and working on a new album as we speak, dude. :blink:

By the way, since I last posted in this here thread I've heard rumblings that Barren Cross ARE reuniting (briefly) for a one-shot gig at the Cornerstone Christian music festival in California in late September... no news if this will result in any new recordings, however. :(

Probably White Heart, although I wouldn't say no to The Brave doing another disc with the same quality as 'Battle Cries'.

Well, since X-Sinner is not on the list, I went with Barren Cross....... :tumbsup:

That's probably cuz X-Sinner are back together already and working on a new album as we speak, dude. :blink:

By the way, since I last posted in this here thread I've heard rumblings that Barren Cross ARE reuniting (briefly) for a one-shot gig at the Cornerstone Christian music festival in California in late September... no news if this will result in any new recordings, however. :(

DOH!!!! Ok, see that I didn't know, or I could have, um, forgotten..... :anon:

And Let's Hope Barren Cross put out new music, That would be pretty damn cool......

I'm gonna blow all of your minds and say L.O.U.D. Not only was Love Over Universal Destruction awesome, but they were from Tulsa. Some of you may even remember them as Love Obedience Unity Devotion during the Ohio years. Some may not even know them at all. That's totally cool because you do now and you need to get their stuff. So totally wish I could have seen them back in the day. You should too.

WHITE HEART for me. Or another John Elefante solo disc, the three I have are all AWESOME.

I went for Holy Soldier, as I would kill to hear another album in the style of their first two. Yeah, so the style may be different, but that'd be my biggest hope. After that, a new album in the style of The Brave's debut would kick much ass. Would love to hear more Love Life too... never really got into the Fear Not album. Very good, solid and all good... just would have liked a few more stand-out tracks.

Holy Soldier have been back together for awhile, apparently working on a new album.

Hmmmmm...I knew they reunited for some shows, but nothing about a new album, and there's nothing about one on their website (that I can find). I'm intrigued...where'd you hear about a new album, Matt?

...you forgot about MASTEDON!

Actually, I didn't forget about them, I just chose not to include them in this poll due to the fact that they supposedly already have a new album in the works. Of course, I've been hearing that for a few years now... -_-

...you forgot about MASTEDON!

Actually, I didn't forget about them, I just chose not to include them in this poll due to the fact that they supposedly already have a new album in the works. Of course, I've been hearing that for a few years now... -_-

REEEEeeeeaaaalllllllyyyy....that is very good news hope it comes out very soon.

• 1 month later...

I went with Holy Soldier provided it was with Steven Patrick. They had reformed and done a few shows with the drummers brother (as the singer). They also released a DVD called Live, Rare, and Raw. I think they are pretty much dead in the water. I'd also love to see a Rage Of Angels reunion but there is almost no chance of that ever happening.

A Barren Cross reunion disc is not completely out of the question. They are playing Cornerstone California this weekend (along with Recon :o ) and are supposedly releasing some kind of special cd at the show ONLY (I don't think it is a new studio release)

Christians, Catholics, agnostics, atheists, Wiccans, Satanists, hedonists...regardless of your religious faith (or lack thereof), we all know that some truly kickin' melodic hard rock/metal has come out of the Christian metal arena. Here's a list of some of the more beloved names in the genre who haven't released an album in a long, long time...which one would you most like to see start rockin' for the Rock again and release another studio album?

My vote went to Fear Not. To put out one album that spectacular and then just disappear is truly criminal. I want another one!!!

I thought Catholics were christians? ;) Just a little ribbing there Mark :)

I went with Fear Not but would prefer it to sound more like Love Life. :beerbang: