Another anniversary (of sorts) and merchandise thoughts

It appears that it's coming up on 5 years since this board went up (August 2002 as near as I can tell). My how time flies (either that or I'm just getting old).

So the timing seems right, also in conjunction with Andrew's Melodic Fest this October in Indiana, to possibly revisit the idea of having Heavy Harmonies T-shirts made.

I originally thought about using cafepress.com and letting people order t-shirts as onesies and twosies with no out-of-pocket expenses on my part, but the Cafe Press t-shirts have one major downside: the maximum image size they do is 10" x 10". That's all fine and well on a Medium or Large, but when you wear an XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL like I do, the design ends up looking about the size of a postage stamp. It just don't work. :lol:

So if there is enough interest, I would consider having custom t-shirts actually done by another vendor.

I'm thinking of a khaki base color (similar to the site background), the HH logo in grey, and then centered beneath it, the URL and "The Hard Rock and AOR Reference on the Net!" kinda like the banner below:

heavyharmoniesbannernew.gif

Then on the back side, in black, have something that is an inside joke to the folks here. Something like:

"Help! I've been BANEED!!"

or

"Don't Make a Retrospectacle of Yourself!"

(just kidding Sam... well... sorta :lol: )

or

??? (suggestions?)

Assume $15-18 + S&H.

I'm pretty sure I'd have to take preorders for 30 days or so, evaluate the feasibility, and then decide. If its not possible, then I'd refund the preorders. Basically I cannot afford to front $400-700 for this and then risk people backing out on orders and I'm stuck with shirts I can't sell.

If anyone has any suggestions for specific shirt printing vendors (or ones to avoid), I'd be interested in hearing that as well.

Thoughts?

-Dan

It appears that it's coming up on 5 years since this board went up (August 2002 as near as I can tell). My how time flies (either that or I'm just getting old).

So the timing seems right, also in conjunction with Andrew's Melodic Fest this October in Indiana, to possibly revisit the idea of having Heavy Harmonies T-shirts made.

I originally thought about using cafepress.com and letting people order t-shirts as onesies and twosies with no out-of-pocket expenses on my part, but the Cafe Press t-shirts have one major downside: the maximum image size they do is 10" x 10". That's all fine and well on a Medium or Large, but when you wear an XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL like I do, the design ends up looking about the size of a postage stamp. It just don't work. :lol:

So if there is enough interest, I would consider having custom t-shirts actually done by another vendor.

I'm thinking of a khaki base color (similar to the site background), the HH logo in grey, and then centered beneath it, the URL and "The Hard Rock and AOR Reference on the Net!" kinda like the banner below:

heavyharmoniesbannernew.gif

Then on the back side, in black, have something that is an inside joke to the folks here. Something like:

or

or

??? (suggestions?)

Assume $15-18 + S&H.

I'm pretty sure I'd have to take preorders for 30 days or so, evaluate the feasibility, and then decide. If its not possible, then I'd refund the preorders. Basically I cannot afford to front $400-700 for this and then risk people backing out on orders and I'm stuck with shirts I can't sell.

If anyone has any suggestions for specific shirt printing vendors (or ones to avoid), I'd be interested in hearing that as well.

Thoughts?

-Dan

Dude, I'm IN! Personally I like the "Baned" idea for the back... :banger:

That's a GREAT idea ! I'm in 100% ! :banana:

or

or

??? (suggestions?)

Maybe .... PLEASE REPLY NOW (?)

"Help! I've been BANEED!!" is excellent !

Damn, I was gonna suggest PLEASE REPLY NOW for the back but Faust beat me to it! :banana:

Combine'em...

I've Been BANEED!!! PLEASEREPLYNOW!!!!!!!!

That's a GREAT idea ! I'm in 100% ! :banana:

or

or

??? (suggestions?)

Maybe .... PLEASE REPLY NOW (?)

"Help! I've been BANEED!!" is excellent !

AGREED !! 100% !!

I am in, but can I influence the colour ? I look absolutely shite in Khaki. <_< Rather have exactly the same print (writing on a khaki block), but on a black or white t-shirt.

... just an idea !!

:drink:

I am in, but can I influence the colour ? I look absolutely shite in Khaki. <_< Rather have exactly the same print (writing on a khaki block), but on a black or white t-shirt.

... just an idea !!

:drink:

I agree black or white is good for me too.

Glam pink for Geoff ? :)

I'm in for sure as well. But since we are sharing opinions I'd prefer black (or white) as the shirt color as well. Love the "Baneed" quote but perhaps put that on the front and the HH logo on the back since the back is (I think) what most people take the time to read and it'd be good advertising.

And add devil horns to the Logo. :headbanger:;)

I'm in for sure. No problems there. I like the Help! I've been BANEED!! PLEASE REPLYNOW!! idea.

Damn, I was gonna suggest PLEASE REPLY NOW for the back but Faust beat me to it! :banana:

:rofl2: My thoughts exactly!!!! Hell it would be cool if somehow you could put your screen

name on there as well.... :banana:

I'd be in too... just be gentle on us Aussies with the shipping though, please. :D

Seriously, how does this sound to everyone for the back:

'Heavy Harmonies: The Home of Geoff'

Everyone's always complaining there's not enough ladies here... is there anything more likely than that logo to draw them here?

Everyone's always complaining there's not enough ladies here... is there anything more likely than that logo to draw them here?

:rofl2: :rofl2:

I'd be in too... just be gentle on us Aussies with the shipping though, please. :D

Seriously, how does this sound to everyone for the back:

'Heavy Harmonies: The Home of Geoff'

Actually if I'm able to do these as DTG (Direct-to-Garment) printing rather than silkscreen at a low enough price where I can still make a couple of bucks ;), then one-offs will be possible. In which case people will be able to choose their slogan from a group of several. I'm sure we can add "Please don't feed the Geoffadillos" to the mix. :lol:

I'm leaning towards this route anyway. The shirts will be more expensive than silkscreened, but people will have the flexibility to choose the slogan they want rather than all shirts being the same.

Probably the slogan on the front and HH logo + url on the back.

-Dan