Battle of the 3 generations!

Battle of the 3 generations!!!  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey fellow Rock Fans!!!

I am going to pick a band from

the 70's that I think was one of the best!!!

80's and 90's!!

From the 70's is

Led Zepplin!!

From the 80's is

Dokken

From the 90's

Firehouse!!

I am going with Dokken!!

:banger:

IMO...

Dokken have three classic albums and Firehouse have two... plus I prefer prime Dokken anyway. So I picked Dokken. Led who?

Gimme Dokken over the other two...

Firehouse's first 2 albums rank in my top 20 CDs, so this poll was easy for me. I like Dokken too, but nothing they did ever compared to songs like "Rock on the Radio," "All She Wrote," "When I Look Into Your Eyes," "Sleeping With You," etc. I also much prefer CJ's vocals to Don's.

As for Zeppelin...take the first letter of their name, repeat it a whole bunch of times, and you get the effect they have on me (Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...).

Not a huge Zep fan (in fact not much by them I really like) and I prefer Firehouse but I cannot bring myself to vote for anyone else but Zep ... the others are small time bands next to them....sorry!

I don't like Zeppelin and Dokken isn't that great to me either. I voted for Firehouse. I have been listening to them for the past week and their first album is one of my favorite albums of all time. I couldn't vote any other way. It just wouldn't be right.

Dokken and Firehouse in a poll with Led Zeppelin? What has the world come to?

Yeah, what's even more amazing is Zepplin somehow have actually managed 10 votes??? WTF? :P

Yeah, what's even more amazing is Zepplin somehow have actually managed 10 votes??? WTF? :P

Don't you mean ZEPPELIN? (Yes that sound you just heard was the return of the typo nazi)

My vote goes to Dokken, but I do love all 3 bands.

What's amazing to me is that Zep has ONLY 10 votes. They should be dominating this one, IMO.

What's amazing to me is that Zep has ONLY 10 votes. They should be dominating this one, IMO.

Only based on reputation, history and a sense of what's "right" alone. If one looks at the three bands as individual contributors to music... regardless of what influence they may have had or where they were influenced from, IMO Zeppelin are clearly the weakest band on this list. It's just a shame all the other bullshit gets brought into the argument and many feel it's the right choice, to vote for Zeppelin because they should. :(

If you look at what Led Zeppelin have contributed to music, what influence they have had on others AND what their individual members have contributed, then they still win by a mile compared to the other 2

If you look at what Led Zeppelin have contributed to music, what influence they have had on others AND what their individual members have contributed, then they still win by a mile compared to the other 2

Hey Jez, I see what you're saying, mate, but for me none of that matters remotely and it's all about the music and the songs on the table. And IMO, Firehouse and Dokken's songs are 100 times better than anything Zeppelin ever did.

Only based on reputation, history and a sense of what's "right" alone. If one looks at the three bands as individual contributors to music... regardless of what influence they may have had or where they were influenced from, IMO Zeppelin are clearly the weakest band on this list. It's just a shame all the other bullshit gets brought into the argument and many feel it's the right choice, to vote for Zeppelin because they should. :(

"the weakest band on this list"..HUH!!

Well not everyone is a fan of Led Zep...that's cool...that's life..but for me who grew up listening to them...impatiently waiting for the next release.....cursing for a month straight when they disbanded...they are the greatest hard rock band in history. Period. Of course I understand that people who were born in the following generations have other tastes...after all look at the teenagers of today who listen to nu-metal and Spears shit ,who would not be caught dead listening to 80s and 90s music. That's just how it works. But the bottom line for me is I can't understand how anyone with an open mind can sit down and listen to Led Zep and not be blown away...and yes I do like the other bands in this poll but I'm afraid they do not compare well to the gods...

P.S. there's no reason to read between the lines and assume that I think that anyone who is not a Led Zep fan should clean the crap out of their ears...honestly!.. :nyanya:

Hey Jez, I see what you're saying, mate, but for me none of that matters remotely and it's all about the music and the songs on the table. And IMO, Firehouse and Dokken's songs are 100 times better than anything Zeppelin ever did.

Exactly - The bottom line is that it is about the music. If you think that Firehouse and Dokken songs are 100x better than much of the Led Zepp catlogue, then I have no probs with that whatsoever - I'll send you some cotton buds over to Ozz mate :lol:

I went with Led Zep. The others bands are good, but nothing comparising to the Hard Rock Godfathers.