Lonnie Holdaway and the Hurricane CD reissues scam

Yes, I am exigent. I hate injustice. I am losing a lot of money. I can threat to make a complaint to the american authorities, I have my rights. These are the "threats", he is distorting the facts. What he is doing is crime. Now he tries to show me as an egoist.

You can judge who is telling the truth: lies, no refund, no proofs, detained package (an impossible request), etc.

I decided that I will not post here not even email Lonnie until the next monday, more than 10 days after the date he asked the loan...so he will not protest...I will not give him another reason to get more time....then we will see if he will be honest or not.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told him repeatedly the person affected the most with the biggest loss would be refunded first.

I don't have all the facts but I would assume Adriano is in the top five? If I were him, I'd be pissed too.......

Jarred

• 2023 Gold Donors
I told him repeatedly the person affected the most with the biggest loss would be refunded first.

I don't have all the facts but I would assume Adriano is in the top five? If I were him, I'd be pissed too.......

Jarred

:agree: I'm still awaiting the refund for bout $61! :angry: I've said that the one's who've paid very considerable amount(s) should be refunded first as well! One more friday (another day or 2) & we'll see! <_<

Yes, I am exigent. I hate injustice. I am losing a lot of money. I can threat to make a complaint to the american authorities, I have my rights. These are the "threats", he is distorting the facts. What he is doing is crime. Now he tries to show me as an egoist.

You can judge who is telling the truth: lies, no refund, no proofs, detained package (an impossible request), etc.

I decided that I will not post here not even email Lonnie until the next monday, more than 10 days after the date he asked the loan...so he will not protest...I will not give him another reason to get more time....then we will see if he will be honest or not.

Adriano has every right to be pissed as hell, I would be and I'd probably be sending you emails every day as well. Even if we all believed that the "Blues Brothers" or whoever were behind the Hurricane fiasco (which I'm sure noone does), what you did to Adriano and the poor sap who bought the Lawrence Archer CD from you on ebay was completely separate from that. You basically just straight up rip them off. That was all 100% you. If you don't want threats then here is an idea, DON'T RIP PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR MONEY!!!! I don't think they owe you the courtesy of being polite anymore. You made your bed so freaking sleep in it. Don't you get that. Man I wasn't going to post on this thread anymore but give us a break!

Adriano has every right to be pissed as hell, I would be and I'd probably be sending you emails every day as well. Even if we all believed that the "Blues Brothers" or whoever were behind the Hurricane fiasco (which I'm sure noone does), what you did to Adriano and the poor sap who bought the Lawrence Archer CD from you on ebay was completely separate from that. You basically just straight up rip them off. That was all 100% you. If you don't want threats then here is an idea, DON'T RIP PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR MONEY!!!! I don't think they owe you the courtesy of being polite anymore. You made your bed so freaking sleep in it. Don't you get that. Man I wasn't going to post on this thread anymore but give us a break!

I would echo this exactly......

JL

yes Lon, you are the victim here, poor Lon, all these unreasonable people demanding their hard earned money back, or at least some sort of communication, then when he does communicate, they are the wrong doers.....causing him tons and tons of problems...poor, poor Lonnie..... :blink:

Your lucky dude you aren't in Prison for this!! :angry:

Hi everybody here. Just let me know you another story about Lon. Sorry my english is very bad but i hope everything would be clear :)

As i'm not soon here (lack of time), i've been very surprising by reading this post this morning (well it takes more than two hours but it's very interesting :)

Just remember the big cds lot he place on Ebay (more than 160 cds, he promote it right here if my mind is well).

Well... as the reserve price was not met on Ebay i make on offer to him. We have deal in the past two or three times without any problem. Lon and Dave features on my weblist as successfull transaction ...

http://grab.em.all.free.fr/Index.html

We agree together on a price including postage and insurance and i pay 1180 $ for them thru Paypal on 21 of October.

The Us customs are very meticulous and my packages were only dispatch on the very first days of December. But i don't receive anything ... and Lon ask me that my cds are going back to him in the month of january.

After his car crash, Dave said me he send them again on 12 February thru Fedex and that i should have them 7 to 10 days later. And still nothing ... Dave give me yesterday three numbers to track mypackage but none is avialable on Fedex website.

I really don't know what to think about all of that ...

I trade several time with Adriano and i think i'm exactly in the same kind of position ...

Will i ever have my cds ??? or my money back ???

Hi everybody here. Just let me know you another story about Lon. Sorry my english is very bad but i hope everything would be clear :)

As i'm not soon here (lack of time), i've been very surprising by reading this post this morning (well it takes more than two hours but it's very interesting :)

Just remember the big cds lot he place on Ebay (more than 160 cds, he promote it right here if my mind is well).

Well... as the reserve price was not met on Ebay i make on offer to him. We have deal in the past two or three times without any problem. Lon and Dave features on my weblist as successfull transaction ...

http://grab.em.all.free.fr/Index.html

We agree together on a price including postage and insurance and i pay 1180 $ for them thru Paypal on 21 of October.

The Us customs are very meticulous and my packages were only dispatch on the very first days of December. But i don't receive anything ... and Lon ask me that my cds are going back to him in the month of january.

After his car crash, Dave said me he send them again on 12 February thru Fedex and that i should have them 7 to 10 days later. And still nothing ... Dave give me yesterday three numbers to track mypackage but none is avialable on Fedex website.

I really don't know what to think about all of that ...

I trade several time with Adriano and i think i'm exactly in the same kind of position ...

Will i ever have my cds ??? or my money back ???

Hey Grab.em.all, your english is fine. I'm sorry to say that it looks like there's another victim here that entered the thousands as far as losses go in this fiasco. I wish you luck man.

Man, I wonder how many people Lon has swindled besides the Hurricane affair... this is simple mindblowing... :wacko:

Just so everyone knows - CDs are not dutable items on US import list. I've check it personally and know - that means any package marked "CDs" on it is bound to clear the customs without any problem. Besides, there is no such thing as outgoing customs control - the ONLY time US customs are intersted in your package is on the incoming route. Lon has been lying cold to you man, dont take a word from him for granted!

No refund yet ! <_<

Guest NEH Records
No refund yet ! <_<

NEH Records update - PayPal reversed the charge on all four purchases "Honest" Lonnie Holdaway made from me in January even though I shipped and he received the CDs. It looks like NEH Records is out $368.78 and for those of you that did receive refunds from Lonnie - guess where the money is coming from? And you actually thought he was getting a loan - what a laugh! My phone calls and emails to Lonnie of course continue to go unanswered. If there was any doubt by any of you whether or not Lonnie was an honest guy or a victim in this let me assure you that he is dishonest, he clearly planned and executed this entire scheme, has already been caught in mutliple lies (car wreck!?) and he is not trying to redeem himself or do the right thing. He is probably sitting home right now counting his money and laughing at all of us. Lonnie - if you are reading this - I just got off the phone with my lawyer (who also happens to be one of my closest, long time friends). You'll be hearing from him.

Guest NEH Records

No refund yet ! <_<

NEH Records update - PayPal reversed the charge on all four purchases "Honest" Lonnie Holdaway made from me in January even though I shipped and he received the CDs. It looks like NEH Records is out $368.78 and for those of you that did receive refunds from Lonnie - guess where the money is coming from? And you actually thought he was getting a loan - what a laugh! My phone calls and emails to Lonnie of course continue to go unanswered. If there was any doubt by any of you whether or not Lonnie was an honest guy or a victim in this let me assure you that he is dishonest, he clearly planned and executed this entire scheme, has already been caught in mutliple lies (car wreck!?) and he is not trying to redeem himself or do the right thing. He is probably sitting home right now counting his money and laughing at all of us. Lonnie - if you are reading this - I just got off the phone with my lawyer (who also happens to be one of my closest, long time friends). You'll be hearing from him.

New developments: I just spoke with Mr. Holdaway who says he knows nothing about the PayPal charge reversal to me but he will take care of it. We shall see.

Mike M. - NEH Records

No refund yet ! <_<

New developments: I just spoke with Mr. Holdaway who says he knows nothing about the PayPal charge reversal to me but he will take care of it. We shall see.

Mike M. - NEH Records

Mike........

Just to answer to some of the stuff you have thrown out here. First i had nothing to do with the reversal from paypal at all, that was one them. Second they did not put the funds back in my account as my account is locked. All i am able to do is resolve complaints thru my BANK ACCOUNT. Check in to that smart one before you go telling people otherwise.....The first time i spoke to you was this morning. Which was the first time you call my house. Your name came up on the caller id and i could have ignored it but i didn't did i. I have not received one damn email from you at all. As i said today was the first time i have heard anything from you. So for you to say i am avoiding you is complete and utter bullshit. You say you have talked to your lawyer, that is fine, i can put him in touch with mine and tie everybit of this stuff up for a long time and no one will see anything until it is all settled. I told you i would check into what has happened and i will. But you do not need to make comments about things you have no clue about.

Ok, your PayPal account is locked, Lonnie. That I can understand. What I don't understand is how you want to resolve my complaint though your bank account. As far as I know you do not have my bank account details.

Please contact me, if you need them. Thanks.

Guest NEH Records

No refund yet ! <_<

Mike M. - NEH Records

Mike........

Just to answer to some of the stuff you have thrown out here. First i had nothing to do with the reversal from paypal at all, that was one them. Second they did not put the funds back in my account as my account is locked. All i am able to do is resolve complaints thru my BANK ACCOUNT. Check in to that smart one before you go telling people otherwise.....The first time i spoke to you was this morning. Which was the first time you call my house. Your name came up on the caller id and i could have ignored it but i didn't did i. I have not received one damn email from you at all. As i said today was the first time i have heard anything from you. So for you to say i am avoiding you is complete and utter bullshit. You say you have talked to your lawyer, that is fine, i can put him in touch with mine and tie everybit of this stuff up for a long time and no one will see anything until it is all settled. I told you i would check into what has happened and i will. But you do not need to make comments about things you have no clue about.

I have left several messages on a phone number I had on file for you (870-762-1445) - the answering machine on the other end was apparently working fine. I also sent numerous emails to the email address I had on file for you (davidlh@missconet.com) - never got a response. It could very well be that these contacts are old and no longer valid. After I made my post here this morning I got a different phone number from a third party, tried it and it worked. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now but you need to pay me for the items I sent you and you told me you received. As far as the rest of my rant above - could be that I am wrong about you and I was simply too quick to pull the trigger in my frustration about not being able to contact you. I just need to get paid for the items I sent you back in January.

Wow....let me see if I have this all figured out correctly.....????

Lonnie purchases CDs from NEH and pays with PAYPOOP..'er PAYPAL? Shortly thereafter, Lonnie falls into financial difficulties and has his PAYPAL account frozen due to the fact that a large number of paypal reversals are charged to Lonnie's PAYPAL account......

Is that right so far????

Now, since Lonnie's paypal account is now depleted and there is a negative balance on the account, the master thieves at PAYPAL have chosen to begin reversing payments Lonnie has made to others previously to cover Lonnie's negative account balance??? IS THIS WHAT IS HAPPENING????

If so, this PAYPAL is totally out of control and our United States Congress needs to address regulating that business and put their activities under the US banking act.

Wow....let me see if I have this all figured out correctly.....????

Lonnie purchases CDs from NEH and pays with PAYPOOP..'er PAYPAL? Shortly thereafter, Lonnie falls into financial difficulties and has his PAYPAL account frozen due to the fact that a large number of paypal reversals are charged to Lonnie's PAYPAL account......

Is that right so far????

Now, since Lonnie's paypal account is now depleted and there is a negative balance on the account, the master thieves at PAYPAL have chosen to begin reversing payments Lonnie has made to others previously to cover Lonnie's negative account balance??? IS THIS WHAT IS HAPPENING????

If so, this PAYPAL is totally out of control and our United States Congress needs to address regulating that business and put their activities under the US banking act.

That is exactly the deal Delbert. I have called paypal 4 times this morning, and can not get a human being at all. I damn sure didn't have anything to do with the reversals. But thank for decipchering all that out.

No refund yet ! <_<

Mike M. - NEH Records

Mike........

I have left several messages on a phone number I had on file for you (870-762-1445) - the answering machine on the other end was apparently working fine. I also sent numerous emails to the email address I had on file for you (davidlh@missconet.com) - never got a response. It could very well be that these contacts are old and no longer valid. After I made my post here this morning I got a different phone number from a third party, tried it and it worked. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now but you need to pay me for the items I sent you and you told me you received. As far as the rest of my rant above - could be that I am wrong about you and I was simply too quick to pull the trigger in my frustration about not being able to contact you. I just need to get paid for the items I sent you back in January.

Mike

Help me understand this, you are saying that is the only info you had for me, when someone orders does it not give you the info, because i put my correct phone number, address, email address on the order, then you say that is what you had on file for me, well seems your record keeping skills are not very good. Seems to me if i wanted to rip you off, i could have given a friends address received the cd's and then filed a CLAIM with paypal and got the money back, or i could of easily told you this morning i never received them. But yet i am so dishonest. If i seem a little pissed here i hope you understand. I had nothing to do with the paypal reversal, your problem is with them. But i will stand good for what i said and take care of it. But after that you and your business can kiss my ass........

Well this thread is rapidly expanding out in all directions... and none of them good. :(

1. PayPal isn't the problem here. Let's not try and deflect the issue. PayPal does NOT retroactively reverse payments upon its own initiative and randomly pick successful transactions to reverse in order to bring some other account up to a zero balance. Why would it want to? It would be robbing Peter to pay Paul and would be doing much more damage to itself by pissing off many more people. If PayPal reversed the payments to NEH it was because either (1) Lonnie made a claim with PayPal that the merchandise was never received or (2) Lonnie or his bank initiated a claim that the payment was made with nonauthorized funds or a stolen credit card.

PayPal does not operate in a vacuum. Use some common sense.

2. Lonnie has PM'ed me saying that the loan HAS been approved and that refunds will be received by all next week.

3. Lonnie claims that he has shown this thread to his attorney and that his attorney says that it "falls easily under slander and defamation of character." Lonnie has asked that this thread be removed or else he "will have to go a different direction and get my attorney involved."

I disbelieve. If his attorney actually said that, then Lonnie needs to hire a new attorney. Slander is vocal defamation of character, not written. An attorney would refer to a claim in the print medium as "libel" not "slander."

But hey, I'm a reasonable guy. I responded as follows:

I will remove the thread under the following conditions:

1. I receive independent confirmation from all the known affected parties (including Georg, Music-Buy-Mail, and Adriano) that they have indeed received full refunds, and

2. I receive a formal request to remove the thread in writing, on the letterhead of your attorney, sent via certified mail.

I can not and will not remove threads from the message board, or pages from the main site, based on an informal request. Otherwise I will be accused of "siding" with one party or another. If I have a formal request through legal channels, then I have documentation as to the process.

-Dan

I've had all sorts of threats from people over the years to take down bad reviews or comments about their albums, the band, etc. It's all fuster and bluster and then they threaten to sue me, etc. They figure they can intimidate me into removing material that they don't like. Mark Alger tried at length to get me to take down the Z Records page, first by threatening me, then by trying to bribe me with promo releases (which he never did send me).

If a bona fide law firm makes a proper formal request in writing I will take it seriously, but otherwise it's all just B.S.

-Dan

Well this thread is rapidly expanding out in all directions... and none of them good. :(
  1. PayPal isn't the problem here. Let's not try and deflect the issue. PayPal does NOT retroactively reverse payments upon its own initiative and randomly pick successful transactions to reverse in order to bring some other account up to a zero balance. Why would it want to? It would be robbing Peter to pay Paul and would be doing much more damage to itself by pissing off many more people. If PayPal reversed the payments to NEH it was because either (1) Lonnie made a claim with PayPal that the merchandise was never received or (2) Lonnie or his bank initiated a claim that the payment was made with nonauthorized funds or a stolen credit card.

PayPal does not operate in a vacuum. Use some common sense.

2. Lonnie has PM'ed me saying that the loan HAS been approved and that refunds will be received by all next week.

3. Lonnie claims that he has shown this thread to his attorney and that his attorney says that it "falls easily under slander and defamation of character." Lonnie has asked that this thread be removed or else he "will have to go a different direction and get my attorney involved."

I disbelieve. If his attorney actually said that, then Lonnie needs to hire a new attorney. Slander is vocal defamation of character, not written. An attorney would refer to a claim in the print medium as "libel" not "slander."

But hey, I'm a reasonable guy. I responded as follows:

I will remove the thread under the following conditions:

1. I receive independent confirmation from all the known affected parties (including Georg, Music-Buy-Mail, and Adriano) that they have indeed received full refunds, and

2. I receive a formal request to remove the thread in writing, on the letterhead of your attorney, sent via certified mail.

I can not and will not remove threads from the message board, or pages from the main site, based on an informal request. Otherwise I will be accused of "siding" with one party or another. If I have a formal request through legal channels, then I have documentation as to the process.

-Dan

I've had all sorts of threats from people over the years to take down bad reviews or comments about their albums, the band, etc. It's all fuster and bluster and then they threaten to sue me, etc. They figure they can intimidate me into removing material that they don't like. Mark Alger tried at length to get me to take down the Z Records page, first by threatening me, then by trying to bribe me with promo releases (which he never did send me).

If a bona fide law firm makes a proper formal request in writing I will take it seriously, but otherwise it's all just B.S.

-Dan

Dan

I guess we will see how it all plays out. Paypal did the reversal and it was not due to a claim made by me. but you knowing all i can see how you would turn it all around, which is fine. I asked for info from you, i will wait and see if i receive it.

Dan

I guess we will see how it all plays out. Paypal did the reversal and it was not due to a claim made by me. but you knowing all i can see how you would turn it all around, which is fine. I asked for info from you, i will wait and see if i receive it.

(emphasis added)

What are you talking about? Your PM to me did not ask for any information.

-Dan

Edit: After I posted this I received a PM asking for my mailing address. Lonnie says he will have his attorney contact me. We will see what transpires.

Wow! Lots happening today...looks like from what I read Lonnie is not at fault again & wants all these bad things taken off the website. LOL!!! wow, that's funny. Yeah, I don't blame you. I wouldn't want anyone else to know I was a crook either. <_<

As for Paypal...as much as I don't want to side with him I have to believe that Lonnie didn't file claims. I only have my last experience with him as a buyer as an example. I always send things that can be tracked, especially in the US because it's cheap for delivery confirmation. Lonnie had won a white lion cd from me and paid promptly as he always did. I sent it out delivery confirmation as always and that was the end of that...or so I thought.

I got an e-mail a few weeks ago from Paypal wanting proof I sent the cd or they would take back the funds he paid me with. So I sent them the confirmation number and they unfroze my funds from him. Anyone who gets this e-mail from Paypal just needs to send them the confirmation number. If you didn't send it with a tracking number, then you're an idiot but that's besides the point. You have to protect yourself always...it's been said on here time & time again.

My point is that Lonnie would have seen that the package had a confirmation number on it when he received it. So why waste your time filing a claim? I really think Paypal initiated all these claims. I guess it's a way to get their money back.

I'm not hopping in the shower with Lonnie here because I still think he's a snake but it wouldn't make sense to me. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Jarred

I have absolutely no problem believing that Paypal initiated these refunds. It's just another reason that Paypal is one of the biggest scams out there. They are going to do WHATEVER it takes to get their money back seeing as how they are now "in the hole" with so many people filing claims regarding the Hurricane cd's. I'm sure a lot of people just had their bank or credit card company reverse the charges, & when Paypal couldn't recover the funds from Lonnie's account, they go to plan B, which is screwing over anybody who didn't use delivery confirmation. I guess the only thing that surprises me is that they are only doing this to people who had dealings with Lonnie... :2up:

Guest NEH Records
Wow! Lots happening today...looks like from what I read Lonnie is not at fault again & wants all these bad things taken off the website. LOL!!! wow, that's funny. Yeah, I don't blame you. I wouldn't want anyone else to know I was a crook either. <_<

As for Paypal...as much as I don't want to side with him I have to believe that Lonnie didn't file claims. I only have my last experience with him as a buyer as an example. I always send things that can be tracked, especially in the US because it's cheap for delivery confirmation. Lonnie had won a white lion cd from me and paid promptly as he always did. I sent it out delivery confirmation as always and that was the end of that...or so I thought.

I got an e-mail a few weeks ago from Paypal wanting proof I sent the cd or they would take back the funds he paid me with. So I sent them the confirmation number and they unfroze my funds from him. Anyone who gets this e-mail from Paypal just needs to send them the confirmation number. If you didn't send it with a tracking number, then you're an idiot but that's besides the point. You have to protect yourself always...it's been said on here time & time again.

My point is that Lonnie would have seen that the package had a confirmation number on it when he received it. So why waste your time filing a claim? I really think Paypal initiated all these claims. I guess it's a way to get their money back.

I'm not hopping in the shower with Lonnie here because I still think he's a snake but it wouldn't make sense to me. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Jarred

These packages were sent without delivery confirmation. In ten years of sending 50-100 packages a day I've only had a couple not arrive to US destinations and it's cheaper for me to eat the cost of those and replace them rather than pay fifty or sixty cents a package for delivery confirmation on every single one). However, this experience might make me change my mind about that.

I responded to the same kind of initial emails from PayPal that you received and I indicated in my responses that I had proof that I had mailed them (the post office receipt for that day with Lonnie's postal code on each package). I'm willing to give Lonnie the benefit of the doubt for now but what makes me suspicious is that when I go to the PayPal resolution center, the status is listed on these four orders as "Canceled_Reversed". The charges have obviously been reversed evidenced by the fact that the money was taken out of my account but "Canceled?" It could be just a nomenclature thing but I don't think PayPal goes around cancelling other peoples orders for them. When I finally got through to Lonnie on the phone this morning he did say that he had received the four packages and hopefully he will do what is right here and help me convince PayPal to put the funds back in my account. Anyway - I just want to get this resolved. Now that I have Lonnies correct phone number and email (I think I do anyway), I'm going to try to get it resolved between him and I.

I have absolutely no problem believing that Paypal initiated these refunds. It's just another reason that Paypal is one of the biggest scams out there. They are going to do WHATEVER it takes to get their money back seeing as how they are now "in the hole" with so many people filing claims regarding the Hurricane cd's. I'm sure a lot of people just had their bank or credit card company reverse the charges, & when Paypal couldn't recover the funds from Lonnie's account, they go to plan B, which is screwing over anybody who didn't use delivery confirmation. I guess the only thing that surprises me is that they are only doing this to people who had dealings with Lonnie... :2up:

No, there should be something else. I think PayPal are trying to track all "preorder" money Lon collected in his account. Since Lon has been quick to spend some on purchases, I guess PayPal is tracking those payments out and collecting them back if the seller doesnt fall under their protection policy (i.e. can show proof of shipment, etc.).

No, there should be somethign else. I think PayPal are trying to track all "preorder" money Lon collected in his account. Since Lon has been quick to spend some on purchases, I guess PayPal is tracking those payments out and collecting them back if the seller doesnt fall under their protection policy.

But that still doesn't make it right...they are still stealing. It's not like Paypal is the federal government. When a person is convicted of dealing drugs, the government can seize any of that person's property, be it real or personal, because the argument can be made that it was purchased with "drug money". Paypal seems to be using the same logic...the preorder money was used to purchase other goods, so that money is forfeit...sorry, but it doesn't work that way.