Music At Work

Jacob M.

This past week at work I've been bringing in music to listen to. It's such a great feeling to be able to listen to music I actually like and crank it up. Nobody has complained yet. Last Friday I brought in Warrant-DRFSR and Vinnie Vincent Invasion-All Systems Go. Only got through part of VVI because a coworker can't stand Mark Slaughter's voice. I can deal with that though. Monday I brought in Tuff-What Comes Around Goes Around, Ratt-Detonator, and Concrete Jungle-Wear And Tear. Today I brought in Concrete Jungle again, Rozy Coyote, and Doxy-Talk Is Cheap.

It's so awesome because for the longest time I had to suffer through hearing Alternacrap at Target and at Kohl's they were always playing elevator music. It made me want to kill myself. It got me out of having to hear 70's rock the past week and today it got me out of hearing hours of Country. Every minute without country music is priceless. Anyway, how bout the rest of ya? Any such luck as good as mine?

I'm pretty lucky on that one. Nobody complains if I use headphones and it's quite often everybody else is out so I get to put the speakers on then. Add to that three quarters of an hour in the car each way every day and I get a fair amount of listening in.

I'll probably have the worst gig out of anyone posting here because I don't get a second in my working day to listen to music (except lunch :)). Not on headphones and sure as hell not on speakers. I'm just in a normal office environment and any attempt to listen to music would be what lead balloons are made of.

As I was on the way out at my last job I'd sit there and listen to tunes on my discman, but it was so antisocial I guess it eventually pushed me out the door.

I would kill to be able to spend my working hours listening to music I like.

During the day we have the radio on but can only pick up country, rap and oldies stations on it. On the days I'm on call and the only one there I'll bring in a stack of cd-r's and crank it up.

I'll probably have the worst gig out of anyone posting here because I don't get a second in my working day to listen to music (except lunch :)). Not on headphones and sure as hell not on speakers. I'm just in a normal office environment and any attempt to listen to music would be what lead balloons are made of.

As I was on the way out at my last job I'd sit there and listen to tunes on my discman, but it was so antisocial I guess it eventually pushed me out the door.

I would kill to be able to spend my working hours listening to music I like.

You could try that but I'm not sure of you're allowed mp3 players in Prison.

I'm lucky as well...I have a little CD player on my desk and there are tunes spinning in it all day long. I share a small office with two other people (one of whom is a sales rep so he's in and out of the office all day) and neither one really give a rat's ass what I listen to as long as I keep the volume reasonable. Occasionally the other chick in the office will overhear me playing some Skid Row or AC/DC and ask me to turn it up!! :headbanger:

I got my own office and i always work with music, and i need music for inspiration at work.

We tend to have music on when we're on nights but everyone tends to like all the pop stuff that's around, and when I put my stuff on no-one seems to be into it! The heaviest we get is maybe Meatloaf or Avril Lavigne....woo hoo <_<

Everyone here has their own office. Am I really that unimportant? :(

Well... yes. ;)

I share an office with one other person, but we have an 8-foot divider between us. She's always listening to music through headphones, as do I.

Of course rather than using an MP3 player or computer, I have a nice rig with a Denon receiver, Ah! Tjoeb CD player, and Sennheiser 590 cans...

Our boss is pretty "hands-off" when it comes to how we work, when we work, what we wear, etc... a MAJOR step up over my last job.

-Dan

Y'all are lucky!!! We have piped in music. All 50's and 60's stuff. Pretty fun for awhile....but ack.

At least I get to hear "Shimmy Shimmy Ko Ko Bop" every night.. :lol:

Wow! How things can change in a couple days. It turns out that my music was annoying the people I was working with. Who knew? In order to simply override me they tried piping Country music over the intercom throughout the whole store. I had no idea it was in retaliation to what I did. Glad somebody told them to turn it off. I did have to suffer through 3 hours of Classic Rock. That's enough to make you kill yourself. I'm bringing in Hardline on Monday. If they don't like that they can S.M.D. cause I can't take much more Classic Rock or Country. Hearing CCR 3 times in 3 hours is too much.

Hey Jacob, best of luck man. That's a hard road, I remember fighting the same fight back n the day when this stuff was "popular". Apparently it wasn't popular with anyone I worked with... <_<

Hope you can get them to see the light, or at least compromise now and then. CCR's definitely not one of my favs either... :puke:

• 2 years later...

The only opportunity I have at work, is the hour or so before anyone comes in or after hours, if I`m still stuck there and it will only be

with headphones on listening to my mp3 player! :tumbsup:

Other than that the shop floor has a radio playing all the latest releases over and over and over again :)

Other than that the shop floor has a radio playing all the latest releases over and over and over again :)

Is that how you developed your disturbing admiration for Coldplay? :unsure:

Exactly mate, brainwashed :lol:

Exactly mate, brainwashed :lol:

:lol:

I got into listening to stuff on my PC a few weeks ago, but there's just too many people coming and going all the time and I hate listening to music with one earphone in one ear. Not cool at all. Maybe on quiet days I could give it a go again.

Luckily, I have my own office that keeps me away from the other vagrants I work with, so I can play what I want all night. I plug My Zen into the PC, with the Radio thingy connected and blast the sucker out all night - Marvellous.

I'm really lucky. I weigh garbage trucks at a landfill for a living and not only do I have my own office, I have my very own building! I have my XM radio out there, so I can listen to what I want to when I want to. I can sing really loud, dance, play air guitar and be a general asshole between trucks. 8-1/2 hour day and I normally get 130 trucks. I can be a rock star for quite a few hours a day. I'm just trying to figure out a way to hook up my Xbox and play Guitar Hero all day (and get PAID to do it!).

I'm really lucky. I weigh garbage trucks at a landfill for a living and not only do I have my own office, I have my very own building! I have my XM radio out there, so I can listen to what I want to when I want to. I can sing really loud, dance, play air guitar and be a general asshole between trucks. 8-1/2 hour day and I normally get 130 trucks. I can be a rock star for quite a few hours a day. I'm just trying to figure out a way to hook up my Xbox and play Guitar Hero all day (and get PAID to do it!).

The perfect job in my opinion :tumbsup:

Luckily, I have my own office that keeps me away from the other vagrants I work with, so I can play what I want all night. I plug My Zen into the PC, with the Radio thingy connected and blast the sucker out all night - Marvellous.

What is it you do again mate? :unsure:

Sounds great Jez :tumbsup: