Which album is most over-rated hard rock release?

rob62972

Oh...OK since you asked so nicely... but the pants are stayin' on. I'm not Geoff y'know.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh...OK since you asked so nicely... but the pants are stayin' on. I'm not Geoff y'know.

:( Bummer.......heavy sigh. :crying::lol:

hey.......who's thread is this and how did we get it sooooooooooooo far highjacked??? :lol:

Oh yeah.....overrated albums. For me.......Tour De Force ~ World On Fire was WAY not so very good.....

:lol: at recent posts. I'm happy to stick to my armadillo love-making room with Blanc Faces on the stereo (I LOVE that disc!!! Grrrrr!) and my pants on the doorknob.

As for MJ's mention of Tour De Force... I brought up my feelings on that disc recently in the 'What's spinnin' thread and sort of have to agree. As I said, seems to get worse with every listen, even though there are some excellent tracks.

• 2 years later...
Hear me out here I'm goin' with Def Leppard's Hysteria.....I mean I love that album and its their most popular yes I know all this. I'm mainly putting it up here for what it caused after this album(the boys lost their edge) and every album since has just been softer than the next one. Now sayin' all this I own every Def Leppard album except the last greatest hits comp and their new covers album(haven't gotten around to picking this one up). Guess that is just one my observations.

Another way over-rated album:

The Darkness - Permission To Land

Not what I`d called a quality release, more of a piss take :)

Hear me out here I'm goin' with Def Leppard's Hysteria.....I mean I love that album and its their most popular yes I know all this. I'm mainly putting it up here for what it caused after this album(the boys lost their edge) and every album since has just been softer than the next one. Now sayin' all this I own every Def Leppard album except the last greatest hits comp and their new covers album(haven't gotten around to picking this one up). Guess that is just one my observations.

Another way over-rated album:

The Darkness - Permission To Land

Not what I`d called a quality release, more of a piss take :)

I agree, sounds a lot like someone taking a piss.

Victory....I've tried 'Don't Get Mad Get Even' 'Culture Killed The Native' 'Temples of Gold' and 'Instinct'... I find the band is okay but nothing great......IMO

I think Culture and Temples are both great albums.

And 'Don't get mad get even'. All Victory's discs are treasures until 'Instinct'.

I actually didn't think it was humanly possible to not love 'Culture Killed The Native'. I didn't know "proper humans" were born with that capability.

Victory....I've tried 'Don't Get Mad Get Even' 'Culture Killed The Native' 'Temples of Gold' and 'Instinct'... I find the band is okay but nothing great......IMO

And 'Don't get mad get even'. All Victory's discs are treasures until 'Instinct'.

I actually didn't think it was humanly possible to not love 'Culture Killed The Native'. I didn't know "proper humans" were born with that capability.

Damnit I always wanted to be a 'proper human'...... :whistle:

:lol:

Sorry, alien. Go eat your lunch in the corner behind the plants and used condoms.

:yikes:

:baneed:

In case everyone has forgotten!

2008 is the year of overrated c.d.'s:

GUNS & ROSES- CHINESE DEMOCRACY

METALLICA-DEATH MAGNETIC

AC/DC-BLACK ICE

MAN-RAZE

For past albums, anything by LED ZEPPELIN. I laugh when people claim that PAGE IS GOD :bowdown: . I guess many people have low expectations on what a GOD should sound like!! :whistle:

MAN-RAZE

No you DI'NT!!! Who said this was good? Who is f*cking insane???!!!

The Man-Raze disc has surprisingly got a lot of good reviews all over the place. In fact, I don't think I have read a really bad one yet & I have have seen a fair few over the last year or so. Surprising really, but quite a few people seem to like it. Personally I think it is a real Dog of an album, with maybe a couple of tracks that are ok, otherwise, I can't see it at all, but each to their own I suppose.

MAN-RAZE

The Man-Raze disc has surprisingly got a lot of good reviews all over the place. In fact, I don't think I have read a really bad one yet & I have have seen a fair few over the last year or so. Surprising really, but quite a few people seem to like it. Personally I think it is a real Dog of an album, with maybe a couple of tracks that are ok, otherwise, I can't see it at all, but each to their own I suppose.

Wow, would really not have expected that. I haven't actually seen a review anywhere yet, I just can't believe there are actually people out there who like it. Wow.

MAN-RAZE

Wow, would really not have expected that. I haven't actually seen a review anywhere yet, I just can't believe there are actually people out there who like it. Wow.

Heres my review:

I like some.

I meh some.

I dislike some.

The end.

• My Little Pony
MAN-RAZE

Heres my review:

I like some.

I meh some.

I dislike some.

The end.

There are other things you do to some...

METALLICA-DEATH MAGNETIC

:screwy:

Its their best albums in years for me. I love it.

Kicks arse from beginning to end!

METALLICA-DEATH MAGNETIC

Agreed mate but what the hell do I know :lol:

METALLICA-DEATH MAGNETIC

Agreed mate but what the hell do I know :lol:

MASTER OF PUPPETS was their last!

It's only my opinion :whistle:

Actually I think the GOLDEN BOY (RICK RUBEN) lost his touch!!! :screwy:

Megadeth - Rust In Peace. Other then Hanger 18 I thought that cd sucked balls.

What about "Holy Wars", "Take No Prisoners", "Tornado of Souls", "Five Magics" and "Rust in Peace"?

That's a classic Thrash Metal album, one of the best of all time IMO anyway.