Which album is most over-rated hard rock release?

rob62972

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Pour some sugar on may, Pour some sugar on may" was a great "Hysterical" song? :wacko:;)

"Love is like a bomb, baby come and get it on......Livin' like a lover with a radar phone" :dance:

WTF does that mean, anyway???? :blink::lol:

"Pour some sugar on may, Pour some sugar on may" was a great "Hysterical" song? :wacko:;)

"Love is like a bomb, baby come and get it on......Livin' like a lover with a radar phone" :dance:

You don't have radar phones out in OH yet?

You don't have radar phones out in OH yet?

We just got ours here in Illinois. ;)

WOW..........there's gonna be a party in the bomb shelter!!! :woot:

:lol:

We'll put a big sign on the door: "NO DREAM THEATER ALLOWED"

I would have to argue for *some* Queensryche though. Come on, "Operation Mindcrime" is a classic. Yea, they released nothin' but turd for most of the last fifteen years (till "Mindcrime II") but their early stuff is essential...

I liked Q2K :anon:

I love "Appetite For Destruction". Most of the GNR after that sucks.

Dream Theater-- I loved "Pull Me under" but I never could "get" them either. Guess I'm joining you all in the bomb shelter.

I loved "Hysteria" although it was weaker. The rest of Def Lep. has sucked ass since.

Queensryche-- Loved the EP and "Operation Mindcrime" and parts of "Empire". Hate all the rest.

<_< So i see we now have enough people to fill the "Bunker" who have given a right royal smackin' to Led Zeppelin , Guns n Roses , Dream Theater , Sammy Hagar , Queensryche , Ozzy & Def Leppard.

When you all congregate down there , let me know so i can load up my F1-11 with a couple of those Bunk Buster Bombs and i'll come and pay you visit and drop off a couple of messages from the fans of all of the above ;) .

As Bluey previously stated "BLASPHEMERS , ALL OF YOU" :lol:

Dave - Spot on matey. I'll load up my Fokker Tri-plane and chuck in a couple of hand grenades as well. Dream Theater over rated, did someone mention Toto as well. :9mm: - Oh!! The Blasphemers. :lol:

Blasphemers all of you... <_<

Yes, I agree, blasphemers ! :bigboom::lol:

I'm gonna sit on the fence (just outside the bunker) some of their stuff I like but some bores me daft.....wasn't overly impressed with them live either as it seemed to be a case of banging in various solo's for the sake of it to the detriment of the song.

Overrated album

Blanc Faces - s/t (don't hit me!!! :crying: )

I agree on this one. Fury 1985, the pre-Blanc Faces disc is better IMHO.

About Dream Theater, IMO their best is 'Images & Words, by far... The latest musical direction of the group, more Metal oriented, bored me a lot... I have also a problem with the James Labrie's voice, when he try to reach the higher notes he is annoying me, as well for the "shouting" vocals parts (on stage it's often false and awful). But it's just my point of view. Please DT, get back to your metal prog roots !

I'm gonna sit on the fence (just outside the bunker) some of their stuff I like but some bores me daft.....wasn't overly impressed with them live either as it seemed to be a case of banging in various solo's for the sake of it to the detriment of the song.

Overrated album

Nick - I think your pretty safe here mate, although if you go over to Rockreport and say that, you will get a Belgian and Greek mauling from The Freakboy and PAUL. Your right though, the Blanc Faces whilst being good is overrated big time, as well as the Ambition disc from this year. I have a feeling that the new Avalon might go the same way as well!! We shall see

Don't know which discs I would list really, as there are sooooo many that have had the big build up and when they finally arrive, they don't deliver, or some that are deemed 'The Holy Grail' and when I hear them, I don't hear it!!! Too many to mention.

wasn't overly impressed with them live either as it seemed to be a case of banging in various solo's for the sake of it to the detriment of the song.

Yeah, honestly I kinda felt the same way when I saw 'em. They were decent, but just too many solos, I like songs. <_<

wasn't overly impressed with them live either as it seemed to be a case of banging in various solo's for the sake of it to the detriment of the song.

Yeah, honestly I kinda felt the same way when I saw 'em. They were decent, but just too many solos, I like songs. <_<

I've never seen D.T. live, but my brother saw'em open for Deep Purple a few summers ago and said they were THE most boring live act he's ever seen....

I'm gonna sit on the fence (just outside the bunker) ....

It's probably safest, Nick... 'cuz Geoff's in there without his pants on :blink:

I think I heard some armadillos in there too... :unsure:

Yeah......we locked them in the guest room. :yikes: Keef and Chris and I are hangin' out in the living room..... :lol:

It's probably safest, Nick... 'cuz Geoff's in there without his pants on :blink:

Yeah......we licked them in the guest room. :yikes: Keef and Chris and I are hangin' out in the loving room..... :lol:

:blink:

Yeah......we locked them in the guest room. :yikes: Keef and Chris and I are hangin' out in the living room..... :lol:

That's right... and we're NOT listening to Dream Theater either!!!

Yeah......we licked them in the guest room. :yikes: Keef and Chris and I are hangin' out in the loving room..... :lol:

hahaha........you dipshit!!! :P

hahaha........you dipshit!!! :P

Thanks... :angel:

Damn straight........we're listenin' to HYSTERIA!!!!! :dance::bananamac::dance:

:rofl:

I'm fine with that as long as you're fine with me putting on Queensryche's OPERATION MINDCRIME next... come on, MJ, we made a deal. :)

I'm fine with that as long as you're fine with me putting on Queensryche's OPERATION MINDCRIME next... come on, MJ, we made a deal. :)

Hmmmmm........will ya dance for me???? :P