Which album is most over-rated hard rock release?

rob62972

Megadeth - Rust In Peace. Other then Hanger 18 I thought that cd sucked balls.

What about "Holy Wars", "Take No Prisoners", "Tornado of Souls", "Five Magics" and "Rust in Peace"?

That's a classic Thrash Metal album, one of the best of all time IMO anyway.

Backed!! :beerbang:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Megadeth - Rust In Peace. Other then Hanger 18 I thought that cd sucked balls.

Well I do like this album, but I can see what you mean. Whereas the focus on "Countdown..." was just pure great songs, here it was all about the showmanship. Friedman & Mustaine are on-fire on this thing & the speed of the playing is incredible, but it's all to the detriment of the songs IMO, which - though still good - often drag on aimlessly.

• 2 months later...
Victory....I've tried 'Don't Get Mad Get Even' 'Culture Killed The Native' 'Temples of Gold' and 'Instinct'... I find the band is okay but nothing great......IMO

:yikes:

:baneed:

In case everyone has forgotten!

2008 is the year of overrated c.d.'s:

GUNS & ROSES- CHINESE DEMOCRACY

AC/DC-BLACK ICE

I definitely agree with these two!

Heart put out some harder-edged stuff in their early years (Barracuda, Crazy On You, Magic Man, etc.). Then they released that watered-down crappola of Brigade. Mere words can't describe how much I fucking hate that trite, contrived All I Wanna Do bullshit. Plain and simple, they caved in to the label's demand that they rely on outside writers for "hit singles" to make the label a shitload of money. I don't know how many megabucks they got for selling their soul, but it cost them this fan anyway. I don't mind the odd ballad, but that turd of a song went beyond sappy into levels of sugar-coatedness I never thought they'd stoop to. They might as well have had Pebbles and Bam Bam sing those hackneyed, cliched lyrics. :puking::poop::rant::rtfm::soapbox::puke::explode:

Heart put out some harder-edged stuff in their early years (Barracuda, Crazy On You, Magic Man, etc.). Then they released that watered-down crappola of Brigade. Mere words can't describe how much I fucking hate that trite, contrived All I Wanna Do bullshit. Plain and simple, they caved in to the label's demand that they rely on outside writers for "hit singles" to make the label a shitload of money. I don't know how many megabucks they got for selling their soul, but it cost them this fan anyway. I don't mind the odd ballad, but that turd of a song went beyond sappy into levels of sugar-coatedness I never thought they'd stoop to. They might as well have had Pebbles and Bam Bam sing those hackneyed, cliched lyrics. :puking::poop::rant::rtfm::soapbox::puke::explode:

Saga's 'Behaviour' and now Heart's 'Brigade' take a bashing. You need help, and quickly. :lol:

Victory....I've tried 'Don't Get Mad Get Even' 'Culture Killed The Native' 'Temples of Gold' and 'Instinct'... I find the band is okay but nothing great......IMO

I think Culture and Temples are both great albums.

And 'Don't get mad get even'. All Victory's discs are treasures until 'Instinct'.

I actually didn't think it was humanly possible to not love 'Culture Killed The Native'. I didn't know "proper humans" were born with that capability.

Geoff...you're a hard rock god :drink: (I'm a big fan of german hard rock and Culture is one of top albums from there)

I think Culture and Temples are both great albums.

And 'Don't get mad get even'. All Victory's discs are treasures until 'Instinct'.

I actually didn't think it was humanly possible to not love 'Culture Killed The Native'. I didn't know "proper humans" were born with that capability.

Geoff...you're a hard rock god :drink: (I'm a big fan of german hard rock and Culture is one of top albums from there)

:lol: Thanks mate. Yeah, Victory are one of my all-time top 10-15 favourite bands and 'Culture' is my favourite disc from the... superb disc.

"All I Wanna Do" is Sheryl Crow and not Heart.

I shortened the title of the Heart song 'cause typing out the full title wastes time I'll never get back. I've never heard anything by Ms. Crow, but I'm sure I'd despise it just as much as the Heart garbage.

I love 'Brigade'.

In fact, it's the only Heart album I like... although 'Bad animals' is pretty cool too.

You won't like the stuff up to 1982 I dare say, but what about the other brilliant Heart discs like, 'Passionworks', 'Private Audition', the awesome S/T and Desire Walks On. All great discs one and all.

I love 'Brigade'.

In fact, it's the only Heart album I like... although 'Bad animals' is pretty cool too.

You won't like the stuff up to 1982 I dare say, but what about the other brilliant Heart discs like, 'Passionworks', 'Private Audition', the awesome S/T and Desire Walks On. All great discs one and all.

Never seen them around the place, to be honest. It's not that I've avoided them, it's just that from what I read I doubted I'd be into their early (and then recent) releases. If I come accross them I'll put them in my ears though. :)

I love 'Brigade'.

I'll back that Jez. Saw them when i was a kid at 12 and many times since then. Great band during all periods IMO.

I love 'Brigade'.

Never seen them around the place, to be honest. It's not that I've avoided them, it's just that from what I read I doubted I'd be into their early (and then recent) releases. If I come accross them I'll put them in my ears though. :)

You must have heard the S/T from '85. It was the album before 'Bad Animals' and had the massive hits 'What About Love' and the fantastic 'These Dreams', aswell and 'If Looks Could Kill' and 'Never.

'Desire Walks On' had the brilliant 'Will You Be There In The Morning' and excellent 'Black On Black'.

I love 'Brigade'.

I'll back that Jez. Saw them when i was a kid at 12 and many times since then. Great band during all periods IMO.

Agreed on that mate. I first heard them around the 'Dog And Butterfly' era and immediately checked out all their stuff up to then. Have been a major fan ever since and I like pretty much all the era's equally aswell..

I love 'Brigade'.

You must have heard the S/T from '85. It was the album before 'Bad Animals' and had the massive hits 'What About Love' and the fantastic 'These Dreams', aswell and 'If Looks Could Kill' and 'Never.

'Desire Walks On' had the brilliant 'Will You Be There In The Morning' and excellent 'Black On Black'.

:lol: Maybe if I heard them, but not off the top of my head. I might 'Youtube' them sometime.