Tattoos

Wotty

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No regrets...

Cuz I don't have any tattoos either. :)

I've got tattoos on both shoulders (a series of 3 different Kanji symbols on my left shoulder and a Marvelous 3-styled Zippo on the right, after Cigarette Lighter Love song, which also happens to symbolize hair metal (balladry, anyway), so that's cool).

I absolutely love them. I wouldn't change a thing about them. I'd like more, but, being a teacher, don't want them protruding from beneath my sleeves at work (or anywhere, really, for that matter). So, since I don't know what area on my body will be the next "canvas", I'm holding off because, one day, should I marry and become a father, I think I'll want something like a tree w/ my wife and I and braches with my children or something family oriented. Because, though would be the most special thing in the world to me and definitely worthy of a permanent art job.

BTW, last check, there were just over 25% of respondents to the poll who had tattoos. (Only Terry, Pete, and I provided pictures of artwork, though.)

Artwork pics, if anyone's interested.

I don't have any, but as I mentioned in another thread, my best mate got a Tattoo when he split from his wife, symbolizing the "two biggest mistakes he ever made in his life"... one being his wife, who he got back together with about 3 months later. :lol: Poor bastard. The tat probably has a different meaning now. I don't think he regrets it.

I love mine. Can't wait to add to the never ending sleeve!!! Thanks for the shout out Jay. Seeing that thread reminds me to get better pix taken the upper stuff looks great...

No problemo, man. I'm jealous. I don't know, teacher or not, that I'd ever be able to get a sleeve. (For a variety of reasons, including, patience, money, and desirability.) But I think it's cool as hell for the people can/want to do that. I can't imagine how cool it would be to try to find the right piece, not only in meaning, but look, to go with everything else. I know how much fun I had just in getting/designing few.

I have a guitar and rock and roll on my left forearm inner, a huge dragon on my left upper arm and a bunch of tribal, roses, and other stuff on my right upper arm, I kinda wish I never got em,then some days when I am playing out in a band or at a concert, I love em--hehehehe I always wear long sleeve shirts since I am a teacher, they look fine, just wish I maybe would of waited, I got them all in my teens and since retouched and added other stuff to them.

I have 2 (at the moment) a Tribal design on my left upper arm and an Ambigram design (writing you can read upside down and back to front) taken from the book 'Angels & Demons' on my left upper arm. I probably will get another sometime, If it is something I really like like. No regrets at all - love both of 'em.

I have 2 (at the moment) a Tribal design on my left upper arm and an Ambigram design (writing you can read upside down and back to front) taken from the book 'Angels & Demons' on my left upper arm. I probably will get another sometime, If it is something I really like like. No regrets at all - love both of 'em.

Damn fine book and the ambigrams were awesome. So do you have earth, fire, water, or air? Or is it an ambigram of something else?

ambigram.jpg

ad_ambigramsm.gif

AIR_works_blk.jpg

illuminatinegsmall.gif

1604fire_ambigram-thumb.gif

2278Water_ambigram-thumb.JPG

Couldn't find a picture of the "earth" one, but is sorta included in the first picture.

The top design - All of it!!.

Very cool.

I got it done on my birthday this year. The artist did a really good job, so I am very pleased with it, He said that it was the first time he had done this design or any Ambigram. I don't go around showing it off, but if people do see it (especially on holiday this year) they all really like the design.

Very cool.

I got it done on my birthday this year. The artist did a really good job, so I am very pleased with it, He said that it was the first time he had done this design or any Ambigram. I don't go around showing it off, but if people do see it (especially on holiday this year) they all really like the design.

I have no tattoos, but was considering something like that. That or maybe a huge green lizard crawling up the back of my leg.

Very cool.

I have no tattoos, but was considering something like that. That or maybe a huge green lizard crawling up the back of my leg.

The Gecko from Geico? ;)

The Gecko from Geico? ;)

I was going to say maybe it was Drain................................ Drain the Lizard. :anon:

Very cool.

The Gecko from Geico? ;)

The Gecko from Geico? ;)

I was going to say maybe it was Drain................................ Drain the Lizard. :anon:

I was thinking something more like a detailed version of the Sobe lizard covering the whole back of my calf with the tail wrapped around to the front of my leg.

Very cool.

The Gecko from Geico? ;)

The Gecko from Geico? ;)

I was thinking something more like a detailed version of the Sobe lizard covering the whole back of my calf with the tail wrapped around to the front of my leg.

That sounds pretty cool. I was just messin' with ya, like I can talk with Chester Cheetah on my arm... :anon:

I am tatted on both arms.....6 to be exact.......I love them & wish I had more:)

JL

So you have 6 arms and wish you had more? :blink:

6arms.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have 0 and will keep it that way. I have a very strong dislike for them. I've never seen a tattoo that made me go "wow, that is awesome" or "wow, that is cute / sexy". They just don't do anything for me.

I think it is one of those things you like or you don't, not much middle ground

I have 4, 2 on each leg. One is a wolf breaking out of my skin and one is of my dog. Those are the latest. The other 2 is the NY Islanders logo and the evil pumpkin from the "Hey Lord" song from "Better Than Raw". I don't regret any but I am going to make the Islanders one bigger.

Here's the one of the wolf:

DSC00696.jpg

and the one of my dog:

DSC00786.jpg