Books

JustJason

I ordered it from Ginza, a Swedish store. I think they only ship within EU though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mack The Life - the autobiography of comedian Lee Mack. Here's a tip - DON'T read this one on the train to work :)

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody Beats Us: The Inside Story of the 1970s Wales Rugby Team ... brought back some great memories of watching rugby with my Grandad :)

• 5 weeks later...

Necroscope - Brian Lumley

• 1 month later...

Elvis and Ginger by Ginger Alden. The King's last love finally tells her story.

Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk by Legs McNeil

For X-mas I got the new Michael Connelly,John Sanford,james Patterson and Stephen King books.

I lost track of Stephen King years ago, but I recently found a copy of 'Cell' in a charity shop and decided to pick it up ... I'm glad I did, as it's classic King all the way :)

I'm still ploughing through the Lee Child/Jack Reacher books ...

Crab Monsters, Teenage Cavemen and Candy-Stripe Nurses: Roger Corman, King of the B Movie by Chris Nashawaty

...an amazingly cool book covering Roger Corman's 60 eventful years in Hollywood, chock full of quotes from pretty much everybody who's ever worked for him (James Cameron, Martin Scorsese, Sylvester Stallone, Ron Howard, Dick Miller, Joe Dante, etc., etc.) and lavishly illustrated with tons of vintage photos, movie posters, and artwork. This is a treasure trove of movie-geek trivia!!

Just finished 'Alamein - War Without Hate', all about the North African campaign during WWII ... of particular interest to me, as my maternal grandfather served with the 8th Army (the 'Desert Rats') during this period :)

Just finished:

The Boy Who Loved Batman by Michael Uslan - an autobiography by the producer of 1989's megahit "Batman" film (as well as all Bat-films since then), who started out as just another comic-book obsessed kid growing up in 1960s New Jersey. The story of his strange road to Hollywood and the many years of struggle it took to finally bring his favorite superhero to the big screen was a very entertaining, inspiring read.

Next up:
Sean Connery: From 007 to Hollywood Icon by Andrew Yule

• 2 weeks later...

'We Fought At Arnhem' ... three veterans who dropped into Arnhem with the 1st Airborne share their memories of Operation Market ...

Currently:
My Life With Deth: Discovering Meaning in a Life of Rock & Roll by David Ellefson

on deck:

The Man Who Saved Britain: a Personal Journey into the Disturbing World of James Bond by Simon Winder

Currently:

My Life With Deth: Discovering Meaning in a Life of Rock & Roll by David Ellefson

on deck:

The Man Who Saved Britain: a Personal Journey into the Disturbing World of James Bond by Simon Winder

Is Ellefson's book any good? I really enjoyed Dave Mustaine's effort, and I'm a big 'Deth fan, so this quite appeals ....

Is Ellefson's book any good? I really enjoyed Dave Mustaine's effort, and I'm a big 'Deth fan, so this quite appeals ....

It was OK. It got a little heavy on the God Squad stuff in the last quarter, which I somewhat expected, but otherwise it was a quick read. I preferred Mustaine's book, which was a little more down & dirty.

Currently:

Next:

A Brief Guide to James Bond: How 007 Changed the World by Nigel Cawthorne

'Watching War Films With My Dad - A Memoir' by Al Murray - very funny (and pretty interesting!)

• 4 weeks later...

Let The Old Dreams Die - a collection of short stories by John Ajvide Lindqvist (author of Let The Right One In) ... his writing kinda reminds me of Peter Straub, in that you get a feeling of unease throughout, without there necessarily being too much out-and-out, in-your-face horror ...