Books

JustJason

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute Rage by Robert K Tanenbaum

Picked up a new "Star Wars" novel from the library over the weekend, but haven't started it yet ... "Millennium Falcon," which supposedly will tell the history of the "most famous hunk of junk in the galaxy," including stories of its owners prior to Han Solo.

As I'm so fond of saying, yes, I know...I'm a geek.

Starting The Woods by Harlan Coben

Stephen Kings - Under the Dome (picked up as a bit of a holiday read)

Lord of the Rings by some Tolkien dude for the umpteenth time.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished Imperial Bedrooms by Bret Easton Ellis and rather enjoyed it, REALLY short read, but damn can that guy weave a tale.

Currently reading book 6 of the Harry Potter series with my daughter. We got a kind of read the book then you can watch the film thing going...

Just finished Imperial Bedrooms by Bret Easton Ellis and rather enjoyed it, REALLY short read, but damn can that guy weave a tale.

I got that about a month ago and was surprised at how tiny it is. I still need to read 'Glamorama' before I read this, and I'm just not reading at the moment. :(

On the subject, for my birthday my brother bought me biography from mega whore Jasmine St Claire. Some of you may know her from taking part in a world's biggest gang bang film a few years ago. :lol: Can't wait to read this one! :)

I got that about a month ago and was surprised at how tiny it is. I still need to read 'Glamorama' before I read this, and I'm just not reading at the moment. :(

Fear not Geoffrey both books are excellent, even though as pointed out Imperial Bedrooms is amere few hundred pages.

I am curious as to what Hollywood will do with Imperial Bedrooms? I'm sure the posibility of Les Than Zero sequel is too appealing to let pass.

For those of you who've discussed the wrestler ABs, I'm about 90-95% through Undisputed, Chris Jericho's second offering. It's probably even better than A Lion's Tale, which was not in the slouch category.

He mentions Butch Walker early on in the book and I'm waiting to see if being on Z Rock garners any mention late in the book, though as little as there is left and the fact that he's still in his first WWE hiatus makes me think there might not be enough time left in this book. May have to wait for tome #3.

Just finished Dave Mustaine's AB called Mustaine. I wasn't really expecting much, other than some insight into the whole Metallica story. Wow, it's amazing how bad that issue has screwed the guy up over the years. It's also nice to see that after so long being a tortured soul, he appears to have a bead on how to live a fulfilling life without all of the vices that screwed him up and would ultimately end his marriage if he had continued. That and with his "religious", or lack there of, past and all the roads he'd traveled, how he finally accepted a higher power and how it has grounded him and helped him quell his demons.

A really well-written, fast, entertaining read. Even if you weren't a fan of metal, I would suggest it because I thought it was that good.

About 75% through Drew Brees' AB and just started Belinda Carlisle's bio as well. I'm just a fan of the bios.

Just finished Dave Mustaine's AB called Mustaine. I wasn't really expecting much, other than some insight into the whole Metallica story. Wow, it's amazing how bad that issue has screwed the guy up over the years. It's also nice to see that after so long being a tortured soul, he appears to have a bead on how to live a fulfilling life without all of the vices that screwed him up and would ultimately end his marriage if he had continued. That and with his "religious", or lack there of, past and all the roads he'd traveled, how he finally accepted a higher power and how it has grounded him and helped him quell his demons.

A really well-written, fast, entertaining read. Even if you weren't a fan of metal, I would suggest it because I thought it was that good.

Agreed, very good book. From his teens through his 30s+ he totally typified the lifestyle of sex, drugs and rock & roll.