Books

JustJason

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about halfway thru Gene Simmons' autobio, "KISS and Make-Up," right now (got it from the library earlier this week)... I'm somewhere around the LOVE GUN era right now. It's a fast, fun read thus far. I haven't learned anything about KISS history that I didn't already know, but there have been some very funny stories about what f*ck ups Ace and Peter were back in the day.

What struck me funny is that this book came out in 2001, when KISS were in the midst of their "Farewell Tour" (remember that? Y'know, the one that's still going on ten years later...haha), so in the foreword Gene goes on about how "someday soon" he will be stepping off the stage for the final time as a member of KISS and blah de blah de blah...of course, we all know how that worked out. :D

Boy, was Widda right. That Belinda Carlisle, at least for all but the last few years, was a MESS. I was nearly as infuriated with her as I was with Nikki Sixx when reading the Heroin Diaries. (I can't believe how vivid all these druggies' memories are when they were in such chemically-induced states for so long.)

Finished Drew Brees and Belinda Carlisle a while ago. Then during tonight's 8-hour power outage, by candlelight, I finished Sammy Hagar's bio Red. Wow! Had no idea dude had carved out such a cozy niche for himself in the world. Not that I didn't respect him before, but now, even more so. Top not, Samuel. Top notch indeed! (Fun, easy read too!)

• 2 weeks later...

Mustaine : A Life In Metal

just finished this book after more than a month lol well i guess it's really a very good read. Mustaine's honest expression from his early days in Panic, to the kick-out from Metallica, and everything is just interesting to follow. Fans of Megadeth or even non-metal fans is recommended to read this one as you can feel his struggling through his life in the past two decades and how eventually it's sort of a happy ending between him and Metallica, also with his family.

Just finishing the last few pages of 'broken' by Karin Slaughter.

Next book I'm going to read is 'Hell's Corner' by David Baldacci

Loved that book. Total page turner...The one after "Hell's Corner" was good too.

Mustaine : A Life In Metal

just finished this book after more than a month lol well i guess it's really a very good read. Mustaine's honest expression from his early days in Panic, to the kick-out from Metallica, and everything is just interesting to follow. Fans of Megadeth or even non-metal fans is recommended to read this one as you can feel his struggling through his life in the past two decades and how eventually it's sort of a happy ending between him and Metallica, also with his family.

i got about half way through it and couldnt finish. he is so egotistical.

Ok so a little late on this one....by about 15 years, but i've been reading Game Of Thrones - George R.R. Martin after seeing the promos for the series..

All I can say is....WOW!! LOVE this book! Haven't read anything this good in awhile :)

Reading the follow up to Feed by Mira Grant entitled Deadline. good post outbreak zombie stuff here!

Cool like Zombie / end of the world type of books, just pulled World War Z off the shelf to read again (due in part to it being in the news for the forthcoming film) which is reallly cool. Have you ever read Blood Crazy by Simon Clark? Another end of world scenario book (not zombies per se but they may as well be) which is brilliant in IMHO.