Books

JustJason

Now reading Duff Mckagen Its So Easy +Other Lies

This has been a really good book but it is interesting after reading Slash and Adler's books as wells as other GNR books how everyone remembers everything differently. It also seems that Duff is the most grounded person these days out of the former Gunners with him being a family man, sober and doing financial articles.

I ignored it completely, but my wife said he was on Dr. Phil the other night discussing his woes...

On topic: Kill The Dead by Richard Kadrey. Not bad kind of reads like a Hellboy movie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little over halfway through Stephen King's newest, "11/22/63," and unless it totally goes off the rails over the next 200 pages or so, then it may turn out to be SK's best in years...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little over halfway through Stephen King's newest, "11/22/63," and unless it totally goes off the rails over the next 200 pages or so, then it may turn out to be SK's best in years...

Finished this about a week ago. Great stuff, and it is indeed King's best in a very long time IMO.

Since then I've also read Lemmy Kilmister's "White Line Fever" (hilarious!), Ace Frehley's "No Regrets" (fun stuff, and a quick read), and a book from the seemingly never-ending "Mack Bolan, the Executioner" action series ("KillSport").

Right now I'm in the midst of "Ripped: How the Wired Generation Revolutionized Music" by Greg Kot - very interesting thus far, details how the rise of the Internet in the late 90s has more or less disembowelled the "traditional" music industry in a very short time.

Now reading:

51j9mteaGKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The last couple of weeks i read:

Louis-Ferdinand%20Celine%20-%201932%20-%20voyage%20au%20bout%20de%20la%20nuit.jpg

mother.jpg

Celine is great. Hope to improve my french in order to read properly the original, both english translations were mediocre + expensive (the original is available online).

Kurt is prime time writer. I read already 2 of his other titles and i have other 5 titles of him soon to be read. And so it goes.

Started Stephen King's "Duma Key" this afternoon. I seem to remember giving this one a shot a few years ago but lost interest in it about halfway thru, we'll see if I stick with it this time.

Started Stephen King's "Duma Key" this afternoon. I seem to remember giving this one a shot a few years ago but lost interest in it about halfway thru, we'll see if I stick with it this time.

Did thta same thing with The Tommyknockers. I've read the first 500 pages of that one a couple times and just could not plod through anymore...

Did thta same thing with The Tommyknockers. I've read the first 500 pages of that one a couple times and just could not plod through anymore...

Ehhh, just rent the TV movie version. It's got Traci Lords in it. :masturbanana:

I read "Tommyknockers" years ago, don't remember it being one of his better works but enjoyable enough.

The one King book I could never make it thru was "Insomnia." Gawd, what a mess that thing was...

I'm about halfway thru this one now, enjoying it more than I did last time out but it is going on the back burner temporarily whilst I check out my latest library pickup - B Movie king Roger Corman's autobiography, "How I Made a Hundred Movies in Hollywood and Never Lost a Dime."

I just ordered these for myself to re-read and for my daughter to read for the first time. I read the series back in grade school and really enjoyed it. It's about three kids that touch a piece of an asteroid and get some super powers. Three different authors, three different characters, but all three stories take place over the same time period as seen thru the eyes of each person individually.

1a.jpg

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

Now 80 pages in to Richard Dawkins - The God Delusion. Breathtakingly good.

Great book, but I prefer the works of Christopher Hitchens (RIP) and Sam Harris on the same subject.

I just finished reading the excellent "A Universe From Nothing" by Lawrence M. Krauss. Up next are "Infidel" by Aayan Hirsi Ali and "Biocentrism" by Robert Lanza.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Breezed through Butch Walker's "Drinking With Strangers" in a week or so. Light read was really good, found out a few things (or a few things more in depth) that I didn't already know. Wish there were a few more names he would have mentioned in some stories, but I know why he didn't. (I'm sure there's somewhere out there, also, where someone has speculated on identities.)

Just a shame to hear him back on the SouthGang stuff, regardless of how young/immature as a songwriter he was. He even nails an M3 song. I know it's a matter of opinion, but if I were him, I'd be more ashamed of some of my recent output as opposed to earlier stuff. Then again, I don't know that I'd be ashamed at all as it was where I was at that stage in my life, even if it didn't work for me now.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed the read very much. Recommended for any fans (or even someone just wanting yet another tale of the music biz; that was why I got Tommy James' book and found it to be VERY interesting).

Just finished Alice Cooper's "Golf Monster," a very entertaining read.

• 4 weeks later...