Books

JustJason

I don't think I've posted this here yet, but I just read Slash's autobiography and Lonn Friend's 'Life on Planet Rock'.

Both books were good but I think from a writing perspective Lonn's was much much better even though he could of talked about quite a few things from the RIP days that he didn't. Now for the Slash book whoever edited that thing should get their ass kicked becasue there were quite mistakes in spelling.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baal (not his greatest, but OK)

Bethany's Sin (a little formulaic, but still good)

The Night Boat (total gore-fest, but well-written)

They Thirst (McCammon's take on vampires)

Mystery Walk (one of his worst)

Usher's Passing (solid, but not his best)

Swan Song (his post-apocalypse tale...I like this better than King's "The Stand")

Stinger (excellent)

The Wolf's Hour (his masterpiece, in my opinion)

Blue World (short story collection)

Mine

Boy's Life (haven't read this one)

Gone South (not horror, per se, but a real page-turner)

Speaks the Nightbird (bought it, but haven't read it yet)

The Queen of Bedlam (sequel to "Speaks the Nightbird," but haven't read it)

Thanks for the summary, Mark. I got 'Usher's Passing', 'Boys Life' and 'Stinger' this week and thought I'd read from first to last. 'Usher's Passing' is not impressing me at all, I must say. Looking forward to the next two, though not sure how soon I'll have time to read them. :(

I hate books centered around a house and the goings on in that one house.

I really want to read 'Swan song'. To be honest, the less horror for me the better. Damn it gets tiring quick. I just want a good story and if horror is part of that, awesome... just as long as it's interesting.

Just finished up Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman, finally after seeing Chris' recommendation as well seeing just about everyone in my life reading it. Very cool and original concept and a good execution, something different and I liked it!

The Guvnor - Bareknuckle street fighting legend Lenny McLean

Great book, very interesting but scary stuff :screwy:

I actually read 2 books whilst on hioliday (shock horror)

White Line Fever - The Lemmy Autobiography

Really excellent stuff that has re-newed my interest in Motorhead somewhat.

Spider by Michael Morley - Bloody excellent book.

Synopsis::

'For a second she thinks she is dead. Then she opens her eyes and wishes she was.' The press call him the Black River Killer and his stats are shocking: 16 murders; not captured in 20 years; the FBI's best profiler - Jack King - burned out and beaten, his career shattered. Jack and his wife now run a hotel in Tuscany. And though he still gets nightmares, rural Italy is a whole world away from BRK's brutal crime scenes in Southern Carolina. Or so Jack thought ...As Italian cops discover the body of a young woman - her remains mutilated like BRK's victims - a gruesome package arrives at the FBI, twin events that conspire to lure the profiler back into the hunt. But this time, who is the spider and who is the fly?

I actually read 2 books whilst on hioliday (shock horror)

White Line Fever - The Lemmy Autobiography

Really excellent stuff that has re-newed my interest in Motorhead somewhat.

I've been wanting to Read that book for a while... :beerbang:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Since my last post have read a few:

Nikki Sixx-The Heroin Diaries

Motley Crue's-The Dirt

The Davinci Code

The Breaking Of The DaVinci Code (Seriously lame and did not break one single code/fact with anything other than more speculation and hypothesis)

Bruce Cambell-If Chins Could Talk and Make Love The Bruce Cambell Way (BOTH HIGHLY RECOMENDED)

Now reading:

Urban Legends-the Truth Behind All Those Deliciously Entertaining Myths That Are Absolutely, Posotively, 100% Not True! By Richard Roeper

Tales of Mystery and Imagination by Edgar Alsypie Poe - the style of writing is heavy going in parts but it's a great book to dip into.

Since my last post have read a few:

Nikki Sixx-The Heroin Diaries

Motley Crue's-The Dirt

The Davinci Code

The Breaking Of The DaVinci Code (Seriously lame and did not break one single code/fact with anything other than more speculation and hypothesis)

Bruce Cambell-If Chins Could Talk and Make Love The Bruce Cambell Way (BOTH HIGHLY RECOMENDED)

Now reading:

Urban Legends-the Truth Behind All Those Deliciously Entertaining Myths That Are Absolutely, Posotively, 100% Not True! By Richard Roeper

really really liked that one.

I started reading 'Boy's Life' by Richard McCammon at the end of my no-license cycle last year in June. I've read about 12 pages since. :( I hate not reading, especially 'cause this seems like a great book.

I started reading 'Boy's Life' by Richard McCammon at the end of my no-license cycle last year in June. I've read about 12 pages since. :( I hate not reading, especially 'cause this seems like a great book.

Keep at 'boys life'. really pays off in the middle and the end. the other McCammon book i LOVED was 'the wolf's hour'. TOTALLY worth tracking down.

Keep at 'boys life'. really pays off in the middle and the end. the other McCammon book i LOVED was 'the wolf's hour'. TOTALLY worth tracking down.

Hopefully when we go on holiday later this year I'll smash the rest of it. I'm enjoying it a lot so far, just don't have any time for reading. :(