Books

JustJason

Finally finished 'Boy's Life' by Robert McCammon on my holiday!! Excellent book. Truly loved it.

Now reading:

'American Psycho' - Bret Easton Ellis ; wow, what can I say. I'm about half way through it but will already go on the record saying that this is hands down, easily the best book I have ever read. Totally in love with it.

if you stick with 'boy's life' it really pays off. :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally finished 'Boy's Life' by Robert McCammon on my holiday!! Excellent book. Truly loved it.

Now reading:

'American Psycho' - Bret Easton Ellis ; wow, what can I say. I'm about half way through it but will already go on the record saying that this is hands down, easily the best book I have ever read. Totally in love with it.

Told you that Boy's Life was good!

And I've screamed from the rooftop for years that American Psycho is/was and always be my favorite read. I read once a year just cause! :tumbsup:

Ellis is a great writer and is probably most reknowned for Less Than Zero which he wrote like when he was in his 20's.

On topic reading book three of the Twilight series called Eclipse. Yea I know, but they are just so damn addictive, kind of like Anne Rices Interview series...

Now reading:

And I've screamed from the rooftop for years that American Psycho is/was and always be my favorite read. I read once a year just cause! :tumbsup:

Ellis is a great writer and is probably most reknowned for Less Than Zero which he wrote like when he was in his 20's.

On topic reading book three of the Twilight series called Eclipse. Yea I know, but they are just so damn addictive, kind of like Anne Rices Interview series...

terry, if you like stuff like that, i am reading 'silence of the lambs'.

and i also recomend :

Parfume : The story of a murderer

Now reading:

Yeah, I really don't get the time or opportunity to read much anymore, but this guy's going to make sure I do, as I will need to read all his other books after I've finished 'American Psycho'... especially 'Less Than Zero'.

• 2 weeks later...
Presently reading "Assassin's Apprentice" by Robin Hobb......this is my first exposure to Hobb and I can say that she is very good.....if you like authors like Raymond Feist you'll like her as well.....

I just read a review on Amazon. Sounds just like my thing. Might need to pick up a copy soon.

Now reading:

and i also recomend :

Thanks Logan.

I will have to look into this Parfume. I have read all the Harris stuff and he is also an amazing author. I think I may like Red Dragon a wee bit more than Silence of the Lambs though, but both are truly great!

And speaking of Ellis, read Lunar Park recently and it too is amazing!!! Geoff you should check out these other Ellis books too: Less Than Zero, The Rules Of Attraction, The Informers, and Glamorama. I've read them and seen a few of the movies and the books are really very good!

Now reading:

and i also recomend :

Thanks Logan.

I will have to look into this Parfume. I have read all the Harris stuff and he is also an amazing author. I think I may like Red Dragon a wee bit more than Silence of the Lambs though, but both are truly great!

And speaking of Ellis, read Lunar Park recently and it too is amazing!!! Geoff you should check out these other Ellis books too: Less Than Zero, The Rules Of Attraction, The Informers, and Glamorama. I've read them and seen a few of the movies and the books are really very good!

Yeah, I do honestly plan to read all of his work. Thanks for the tips. Maybe a christmas present possibility?

Well, just bought these:

Bret Easton Ellis:

Less Than Zero (1985)

The Rules of Attraction (1987)

American Psycho (1991) - the copy I just read was my brother's

The Informers (1994)

Glamorama (1998)

Lunar Park (2005)

I also got these just before my holiday:

Slash: The Autobiography

Ron Jeremy: The Hardest (Working) Man in Showbiz

Well, just bought these:

Bret Easton Ellis:

Less Than Zero (1985)

The Informers (1994)

Glamorama (1998)

Lunar Park (2005)

NICE!

I'd say my next fave after American Psycho is Lunar Park, but the man is a genious can't help but getting sucked into the story and his detail is mind bogglingly cool.

I read on his website that he is finishing up the sequel to Less Than Zero and Bret would really like to get the same cast in there roles...might be interesting.

On topic:

Breaking Dawn-Stepahanie Miller

This is the fourth book in that Twilight series. I know, I know, but hey they are pretty damn good books. The writing is very akin to Anne Rice.

Just started the book Panzer Battles written by a WWII German tank commander. Very interesting so far...it's amazing how inept the Poles, French and British were at dealing with the German attacks at the beginning of the war. The Nazis could have been easily defeated with a little planning and common sense.

Well, just bought these:

Bret Easton Ellis:

Less Than Zero (1985)

The Informers (1994)

Glamorama (1998)

Lunar Park (2005)

NICE!

I'd say my next fave after American Psycho is Lunar Park, but the man is a genious can't help but getting sucked into the story and his detail is mind bogglingly cool.

I read on his website that he is finishing up the sequel to Less Than Zero and Bret would really like to get the same cast in there roles...might be interesting.

Yeah, I read that about the sequel too - due May 2010 if I recall correctly?

But yeah, looking forward to reading them all, and stoked with the price I got them all for.

I just started 'The Stand' By stephen king . Matt has made me watch the miniseries, so i must read the damn book now. place your bets how many times i have to re new it at the library to get through it.

I've read most of King's books but I don't remember this standing (!) out although my memory isn't that great and haven't read his books for a long time. I loved The Shining and the Green Mile though. The Shining gave me the total creeps

• 1 month later...