What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

ANNIHILATOR - "All For You"

Yeah... I just went from "Tropico" by Pat Benatar to ANNIHILATOR. :blink:

TREAT - Organised Crime

SKAGARACK - Hungry For A Game

SOULFLY - Enslaved

STAN MEISSNER - Undertow

Dr Living Dead - Dr Living Dead

(Another one getting its last outing, pretty good album if you like Suicidal Tendencies and Nuclear Assault. 'My Brain Is On Sale' is one of my favourite tunes of 2011.)

Todays mix...

NO CREDIT - Interrelated

CAUTERIZE - So Far From Real

FROM MOTHS TO FLAMES - When We Don't Exist

TEXAS IN JULY - One Reality

TRUST COMPANY - Dreaming In Black & White

Well slap my balls! Someone else finally gave this one a go! :lol: Aside from Nightrain and Justin. ;)

Love that disc.

Spinning:

Peep Show - 'Out for blood'

Peep Show - 'Brand new breed' ; well slap my balls! This sounds amazing. Only 6 songs in, but if you loved 'Generation wild' this is utterly essential. Stunning production, monster balls too. So impressed so far.

Yeah I love the Trust Company too, had mine for a while just probably don't like it quite as much as you do. Even I like the PEEP SHOW disc, nice stuff...

Is that 'Generation Wild'....as in Crashdiet? If so, sounds interesting.

I definitely tried that Trust Company album - it is good modern rock, but no way > 90% rating as you (Geoff) gave it....imo of course.

Yeah mate, Crashdiet indeed. 80% Crashdeit / 20% Kill Hannah is how I'd describe the new Peep Show disc. 100% brilliance.

And freakin' oath, Tim, you better like Peep Show! ;) No fan of music should be able to say they don't dig that disc. Man, what a huge surprise. The tune 'Irreversable' is the best song of 2012 for me so far, but there is not even a SNIFF of a filler on that CD. Every track is worthwhile, including the outro, which I actually love too. I liked their debut CD 'Out for blood' but this is a billion times better. A few too many 'whoah's along the way, but that's my only critisism. Killer album.

Spinning;

Peep Show - 'Brand new breed' twice in a row

Ten Second Epic - 'Better off'

Well slap my balls! Someone else finally gave this one a go! :lol: Aside from Nightrain and Justin. ;)

Love that disc.

Spinning:

Peep Show - 'Brand new breed' ; well slap my balls! This sounds amazing. Only 6 songs in, but if you loved 'Generation wild' this is utterly essential. Stunning production, monster balls too. So impressed so far.

Yeah I love the Trust Company too, had mine for a while just probably don't like it quite as much as you do. Even I like the PEEP SHOW disc, nice stuff...

I definitely tried that Trust Company album - it is good modern rock, but no way > 90% rating as you (Geoff) gave it....imo of course.

Yeah mate, Crashdiet indeed. 80% Crashdeit / 20% Kill Hannah is how I'd describe the new Peep Show disc. 100% brilliance.

And freakin' oath, Tim, you better like Peep Show! ;) No fan of music should be able to say they don't dig that disc. Man, what a huge surprise. The tune 'Irreversable' is the best song of 2012 for me so far, but there is not even a SNIFF of a filler on that CD. Every track is worthwhile, including the outro, which I actually love too. I liked their debut CD 'Out for blood' but this is a billion times better. A few too many 'whoah's along the way, but that's my only critisism. Killer album.

Spinning;

yep definitely gonna give this a go mate....very tempted by the free cd and live ticket combo if it wasnt 2 days before my half marathon :-(

Love that disc.

Spinning:

Spinning;

yep definitely gonna give this a go mate....very tempted by the free cd and live ticket combo if it wasnt 2 days before my half marathon :-(

Funny story. I bought that option too (because it's about au$3 cheaper than just the CD alone) and the guys actually emailed me and asked me if I was going to make it to the show. I explained that I'd love to but it wasn't going to happen and told them I was happy for them to try and sell the ticket in the UK, which was their desire. So they kindly signed both CDs for me instead, which was pretty cool. I didn't mind about the ticket - I'd rather them sell it to people who will actually show up. But hey, if you're going to put a cheaper option in my face I will not look away. ;)

BTW, congrats on the half marathon. Good thing to be into.

Love that disc.

Spinning:

Spinning;

Funny story. I bought that option too (because it's about au$3 cheaper than just the CD alone) and the guys actually emailed me and asked me if I was going to make it to the show. I explained that I'd love to but it wasn't going to happen and told them I was happy for them to try and sell the ticket in the UK, which was their desire. So they kindly signed both CDs for me instead, which was pretty cool. I didn't mind about the ticket - I'd rather them sell it to people who will actually show up. But hey, if you're going to put a cheaper option in my face I will not look away. ;)

ha ha that's funny, and pretty cool of the band too - I think its at the Underworld which is a pretty small venue so can understand them wanting to sell the ticket locally. Even without hearing any song yet I bet I will love this, so am a bit miffed I cant make that live date. An arse kicking disc will make up for it tho ;-)

.....due a 10 miler tonight in preparation - my knees are already crying in anticipation :-(

ha ha that's funny, and pretty cool of the band too - I think its at the Underworld which is a pretty small venue so can understand them wanting to sell the ticket locally. Even without hearing any song yet I bet I will love this, so am a bit miffed I cant make that live date. An arse kicking disc will make up for it tho ;-)

.....due a 10 miler tonight in preparation - my knees are already crying in anticipation :-(

Geoff - love that little deal, worked out well for both sides. Nice one.

Glen - impressed on the running mate, I used to do a bit of (very slow) jogging, but have given it up. Got up to about 6 miles a couple of times a week, but that took me over an hour and almost killed me every time, so I know how tough it is. Good on you.

On Peep Show - how much 'modern'-ness do you hear? I listened to a few tracks and plan to get both CDs from the band's site eventually. Good songs and I didn't detect any modern sound, but wondering what you guys think.

Geoff - love that little deal, worked out well for both sides. Nice one.

Glen - impressed on the running mate, I used to do a bit of (very slow) jogging, but have given it up. Got up to about 6 miles a couple of times a week, but that took me over an hour and almost killed me every time, so I know how tough it is. Good on you.

On Peep Show - how much 'modern'-ness do you hear? I listened to a few tracks and plan to get both CDs from the band's site eventually. Good songs and I didn't detect any modern sound, but wondering what you guys think.

I don't think it's "modern" in any way that will put you off, mate. Moreso the top-notch production job gives it a modern feel. But song-wise, it's just good heavy melodic rock. They just reminded me of a band I listen to called Kill Hannah, who are technically modern rock, even if at times they sound like they're straight out of the 80's. I hope you'll dig Peep Show.

Yeah, my wife is a big runner and enters a lot of half marathons... almost fortnightly it seems. :lol: I don't pay the money to run the events with her, but I do run with her when I can when she practices. I find it really hard to concentrate on those really long distances and not get bored... even with an Ipod. So I really think it's cool when these people run those massive distances. 10 miles is a lot!

Michael White & The White - s/t

Fab!!

It Bites - Once Around The World

It Bites - The Tall Ships

Marillion - Afraid Of The Sunlight

Marillion - Seasons End

Fab!!

Yep, but I still haven't found an original disc. :(

OT:

Undercover - s/t

Sailor - Dressed For Drowning

Love Michael White,what a set of lungs and where did you find a copy of the self titled?

Loose Graffiti-Galvatrons,picked this up today for $2 in a pawn shop and it's a bloody good album and i didn't realize these guys are from Melbourne Australia,very happy with this find.