What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Pallas - XXV

This one is hard work and took a lot of plays to get into, but ultimately worth it. On intial spins it starts quite slowly, but has a couple of good songs when it gets going. Very prog and it's one of those things that is the sum of its parts, which I don't usually get. Surprisingly, I after sticking with it do on this occasion; I like the story (it's very similar to a story I've written myself, which in turn is probably not very original) and even enjoy some of the softer numbers (of which there are one or two too many for my liking, but it's a minor quibble). Not sure how often I'd put this on, but I do like it and it will get spun again.

New England - s/t

New England - Explorer Suite

New England - Walking Wild

New England - 1984

New England - Greatest Hits Live

New England - IV (demos/unreleased)

Yep been digging into a little NE today! Not played them all the way through (except for s/t and Explorer Suite) just cherry picking!

BAD HABIT - Atmosphere (100%)

three consecutive spins from last night to this morning to make its tenth is a rewarding experience for me, and I eventually landed a perfect score for this one after some small fluctuation, sitting on #2 right below 'In Progress'.

A very powerful soaring vocal from Bax, a diverse approach from melodic rock pumper to poppish ballad, all songs seem to be hit-potential, and also a great production! After these 20 years, Bad Habit has reached their remarkable milestone. Congrats for such an astonishing achievement!

three consecutive spins from last night to this morning to make its tenth is a rewarding experience for me, and I eventually landed a perfect score for this one after some small fluctuation, sitting on #2 right below 'In Progress'.

A very powerful soaring vocal from Bax, a diverse approach from melodic rock pumper to poppish ballad, all songs seem to be hit-potential, and also a great production! After these 20 years, Bad Habit has reached their remarkable milestone. Congrats for such an astonishing achievement!

Yeah its a great album and still hanging on to a top 10 spot in my list [just], but this could never achieve a 100% rating from me because there is a dip in quality here and there (namely tracks 5, 11 & 12 do not quite match the quality of the rest) but primarily because they ripped off their own track 'Hunger' BIG TIME on the lead off track :-(

Sneaker - s/t

Again .... essential Westcoast !!

TT Quick - METAL OF HONOR

Warlock - BURNING THE WITCHES

Warrior Soul - SALUTATIONS FROM THE GHETTO NATION

The Cult - LOVE

Yeah its a great album and still hanging on to a top 10 spot in my list [just], but this could never achieve a 100% rating from me because there is a dip in quality here and there (namely tracks 5, 11 & 12 do not quite match the quality of the rest) but primarily because they ripped off their own track 'Hunger' BIG TIME on the lead off track :-(

okay let me check - 'I'll Die For You', hm okay weaker than the rest but still a great one, i love the pumping energy in it, i consider it a different vibe. #11 - 'Save Me', aha actually one of my fave tracks here Glen, this and 'I Wanna Be The One' makes the fave ballads of this album.

I need to check again on #12 but as far as I know, still a great one for me, but talkin' about rippin' off, i know i've stated something that many good chord tricks has been invented in the past, so coming out with something that sounds so similar these days are plain forgivable, and remember this one's a 13-tracks album, if you basically dislike 3 tracks, you still get a solid 10 tracks.

but i'm not dragging into the old debate that 'nothing is worth 100% at all', it's just a personal rating, and that this album has been fluctuating from 85%-95% from quite sometimes, and after ten spins, i think it eventually scored the max just because i ended up lovin' all tracks in it, plus you get a great production and stellar musicianship.