Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"The Delta Force" (1986)

An elite commando unit headed up by Lee Marvin and Chuck Norris (does it get any more bad-ass than that combo? I think not!) is sent to Beirut to rescue a plane load of American hostages...naturally they blow up a good portion of the Middle East in the process.
Cannon Films honcho Menahem Golan's adventure epic starts out as a pretty suspenseful hijack drama in its first hour, sporting the biggest cast of well known character actors I've seen since the glory days of the '70s disaster flick (George Kennedy! Joey Bishop! Robert Forster! Shelley Winters! Lainie Kazan! Martin Balsam!), then it turns into typically sadistic '80s shoot'em-up/blow'em up fun when the Delta Force comes riding to the rescue in the second half. Chuck actually turns in one of his better performances here, maybe because he's just a small part of the huge ensemble cast. A retro guilty pleasure.

This is what I get when I tell my 8 year old it's his turn to pick the movie...

"Invisible Dad" (1997)

No-budget kid stuff directed by schlock kingpin Fred Olen Ray ("Dinosaur Island," "Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers," "Evil Toons"), of all people!

When a kid and his widowed father move into a new house, the boy finds a mysterious machine left behind in the garage by the previous owner. The gizmo magically makes wishes come true. After a fight with Dad, the kid accidentally says "I wish my Dad would just disappear!" ... aaaand you can pretty much write it yourself from there. Wacky hijinks ensue as Son tries to make Dad visible again. This isn't the worst low budget kid flick I've ever sat through, but it's still 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

"RoboCop: Dark Justice" (2001)

This was the first of four made-for-cable RoboCop movies that make up one long story arc called "Prime Directives."

Set ten years after the events of the first film, "Dark Justice" finds RoboCop in disrepair and on the brink of becoming obsolete. Meanwhile the Detroit P.D. deals with a new murderous vigilante calling himself "Bone Machine," and the corporate sharks at O.C.P. are still up to their usual dirty business behind the scenes, including a plot to disgrace RoboCop/Murphy's former partner.

"Dark Justice" occasionally looks a little chintzy due to its made-for-TV budget but aside from that it's nice to see them bring back the dark/gritty/satiric feel of the original film. There are a few oddities in continuity (the cops in this flick don't seem to know that Robo was once Officer Alex Murphy, even though practically everyone in the original film series called him "Murphy!") but overall as a longtime Robo-Nerd I enjoyed it and I"m looking forward to checking out the remaining three installments.

Saw Independence Day:Resurgence tonight.

Thought it was really excellent. In the same vein as the first one, a bit corny at times.

When I was googling if there was a bit after the credits I noticed that all the links came up were slamming the hell out of the movie, which surprised me.

There's no bit after the credits :)

• My Little Pony

Saw Independence Day:Resurgence tonight.

Thought it was really excellent. In the same vein as the first one, a bit corny at times.

When I was googling if there was a bit after the credits I noticed that all the links came up were slamming the hell out of the movie, which surprised me.

There's no bit after the credits :)

Yeah, I saw it's getting bombed to shit, so I never bothered. Said it was just boring. If I ever do see it, it'll be a rental.

For me it was a good candidate for the big screen regardless of how good/bad it was.

Just that type of movie that's gonna impress on a big scale.

I went in thinking it would be basically a second rate copy of the first movie, but in a lot of ways I enjoyed it more.

"RoboCop: Meltdown" (2001)

In chapter two of the "Prime Directives" saga, O.C.P. uses the remains of Murphy's dead partner to create a new and improved RoboCop model... but naturally, things don't go exactly as planned.
Meanwhile an ambitious/ruthless young O.C.P. exec's experiments with artificial intelligence have created a new "living" computer system called "Saint," which proves fatal to his rivals on the company's executive board...

I've been enjoying this cheesy made-for-Canadian-cable-TV mini series more than expected thus far. This segment improves on the first chapter and sets up some interesting conflicts for part three!

It's a rainy Saturday afternoon... perfect for a schlocky double feature...

"Silent Madness" (1984)

A computer error accidentally frees a homicidal maniac from a mental hospital, and he goes right back to the sorority house that was the site of his original crime to pick up where he left off. You can pretty much figure out the rest.
Pretty standard '80s slasher nonsense, originally released in 3-D. I've seen better but Lord knows I"ve seen worse.

"Electra One" (1967)
Con-la-muerte-en-la-espalda-img-33526.jp
Tedious French/Italian/Spanish Eurospy silliness. An international jewel thief gets mixed up with American and Russian spies when he accidentally comes into possession of a briefcase filled with the antidote to a powerful mind-control drug.
...at least, that's what the description on IMDb says this movie was about. To me, it was just 90 minutes of poorly dubbed fistfights and car chases strung together with no plot or story whatsoever.
AVOID.

"The Decline of Western Civilizaton" (1981)

The first film in Penelope Spheeris' documentary trilogy centers on the Los Angeles hardcore punk scene circa 1979-80 and features interviews and live performances by Black Flag, X, Fear, the Germs, Catholic Discipline and the Circle Jerks.
I've seen the second film in the "Decline" series, "The Metal Years," a bunch of times over the years but never saw the original till today. Comparing the two, it seems like music aside, the punk scene of '80 wasn't all that different from the hair-metal scene in '87 - both were populated by a lot of obnoxious, clueless, substance-addled morons with nothing to say.

The Detective - (1968) - Frank Sinatra playing a tough cop dealing with a gay sex murder...A little more daring than I would have thought for a 60s flick and definitely politically incorrect for today...doubt it would be seen on most network channels today.....it was a bit slow but not too bad.....

Three Days of The Condor - (1974) - Robert Redford playing a CIA analysis on the run....one of the better 70s films...

"RoboCop: Resurrection" (2001)

In Part 3 of the "Prime Directives" mini series, RoboCop is rescued and repaired by a resistance group who are trying to stop a former OCP scientist turned terrorist hacker from unleashing an "apocalypse virus" on the world. Meanwhile, those pesky corporate OCP suits continue to try to shut RoboCop down, leading to the usual wall-to-wall ultra-violence.

I'm starting to get the feeling that this entire story could've been told in two movies, because much of this third installment feels like padding. Still, I'm going to watch the "Crash & Burn" finale soon and finish out the saga because I'm a loyal Robo-Geek.