Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Action Jackson" (1988)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AvMn2Vh0fQ

Carl "Apollo Creed" Weathers stars in this funky '80s actioner as a Detroit cop tangling with a psychotic motor-company magnate (Craig T. Nelson) who's been murdering his competitors. Female lead and R&B singer Vanity can't act worth a lick but she looks good, as does a pre-famous Sharon Stone as Nelson's ultimately-doomed wife.

Not a classic for the ages by any means, but a fun watch in a retro sort of way.

The Guns of Navarone....classic war movie

Classic? I've never even heard of it.

your kidding???????

If he isn't kidding then he must not watch any movie older than himself... :lol:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054953/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Never heard of 'The Guns Of Navarone'?!

OMG you're a baby...

I usually pride myself in having watched many classic films, but haven't seen that one. Admittedly I generally avoid war films as they're usually carbon copies of each other. I mean, I have seen "A Bridge Too Far," "The Bridge on the River Kwai," "The Great Escape" and a few others. How many more do I need to see?

Let me ask you this: have you seen "Citizen Kane," "Dr. Strangelove," "Forbidden Planet," "Kind Hearts and Coronets," "The Lady Killers," "Ocean's 11," "Rebel Without A Cause," "Scarface (1932)," or "Touch of Evil"? If you answered 'no' to any of those, then you can't get on my case for not having seen "The Guns of Navarone." And just to please you ladies, I have it downloading at the moment.

Hehe, you're missing the point FunkOMaster. HEARD. Not SEEN. :hammer:

I'm not even sure if I've watched the whole of 'The Guns Of Navarone' but you can bet your ass that I've heard and read about it. ;)

Mere technicalities.

Read the book, seen the film (several times) ... but I suggest you avoid watching the 'sequel', 'Force 10 From Navarone' ... oh, dear ...

The Life Of Pi

• My Little Pony

The Road......depressing

Captain Horatio Hornblower....another Gregory Peck classic....

The Road is a dark film, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Probably the most realistic depiction of a post-apocalyptic world.

As for the Horatio Hornblower series, I haven't seen those in ages. I quite enjoyed those, as well.

The Road......depressing

The Road is a dark film, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Probably the most realistic depiction of a post-apocalyptic world.

As for the Horatio Hornblower series, I haven't seen those in ages. I quite enjoyed those, as well.

Actually I believe you are thinking about a relatively new series on Hornblower. Peck only acted in this one movie about Hornblower and it came out in 1951...and yes the Road was realistic but is was still very depressing stuff...

• My Little Pony

The Road......depressing

Actually I believe you are thinking about a relatively new series on Hornblower. Peck only acted in this one movie about Hornblower and it came out in 1951...and yes the Road was realistic but is was still very depressing stuff...

Ah, yes, the film. I'd like to see how it compares to the series.

The Glimmer Man

Actually, my favorite from him.

Attack The Block

Loved the trailers for this one, so had to see it. It wasn't as good as I was expecting; quite slow to get going with a lot of time spent on the characters, who were mostly annoying. The ending was quite ridiculous, but that was in keeping with the rest of the film. Quite a fun film overall, although there should have been a lot more laughs. I do think Jodie Whittaker is a complete milf though, so that's nice.

"976-EVIL" (1988)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcn_0LOdu7o

Godawful silly '80s terror trash about a nerdy teen (Stephen Geoffreys, aka "Evil Ed" of "Fright Night" fame) whose calls to a "Horror-scope" fortune telling phone line eventually connect him to Satan himself and transform him into a demonic, homicidal something-or-other who gets even with his tormentors. Cheap looking nonsense directed by Robert "Freddy Krueger" Englund, who should've known better.

• My Little Pony

Attack The Block

Loved the trailers for this one, so had to see it. It wasn't as good as I was expecting; quite slow to get going with a lot of time spent on the characters, who were mostly annoying. The ending was quite ridiculous, but that was in keeping with the rest of the film. Quite a fun film overall, although there should have been a lot more laughs. I do think Jodie Whittaker is a complete milf though, so that's nice.

I loved it, personally.

"I'm shitting myself innit, but at the same time..."

"What?"

"This is sick!"

Attack The Block

Been meaning to watch this one ...

• My Little Pony

Attack The Block

How's it I've seen this before you lot? It didn't even hit theatres out here.

Attack The Block

How's it I've seen this before you lot? It didn't even hit theatres out here.

I could have seen it a while ago, but only added it to my rental list recently.

BTW, Karpet - yeah it is fun at times and the characters are reasonably amusing, I just got tired of them quite quickly. You know the main one will turn out 'alright' in the end, if you know what I mean. It's a good effort for what I assume was a relatively low budget and definitely worth a watch.

(Just a tip for anyone planning to watch this - don't watch it with my wife. The frequent comments about how rubbish it is get very annoying. Just in case you were considering it, like. ;))

I've seen "Attack the Block" - fun stuff.

The only problem for me was being a non-Brit, it took me a while to get a handle on the accents on the main characters. I swear it was a good fifteen minutes into the film before I understood a damn thing any of 'em said. :rofl: