Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Some moderately appealing kid flix: Planes and The Croods.

The Croods was way better than Planes, but both were rip offs of other films from there namesakes, Planes=Cars and Croods=Ice Age...

Also caught 976-Evil and Chasing Amy on one of the cable movie chanels last night, both are still great!

• My Little Pony

The World's End

Brilliant! I just saw this with my mates, and we had that whole cinema in a riot. Such a fitting end to the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy. I don't want to say much about the film. I went into it knowing nothing, as I avoided all trailers and even promo shots. I didn't want to spoil the film. Even the cast, apart from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, obviously, was a surprise to me. You must see this film. It's just too good, and a perfect start to a crazy two weeks I'm about to experience!

Pirates of The Caribbean - The Curse of The Black Pearl

"Phantasm II" (1988)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LHizNyn8Tc

Seven years after the first "Phantasm," lone survivors "Mike" (fresh from a stint in a psych hospital) and "Reggie" set out on a road trip to track down the mysterious mortician known as "The Tall Man," who's set up shop in a new town. Large guns, killer spheres, midgets, gooey yellow stuff, and gore ensue.

Faster moving and more action packed than the first "Phantasm," with better FX, but the story is still a muddle. So yeah, I think I'm done with this series.

The World's End

Brilliant! I just saw this with my mates, and we had that whole cinema in a riot. Such a fitting end to the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy. I don't want to say much about the film. I went into it knowing nothing, as I avoided all trailers and even promo shots. I didn't want to spoil the film. Even the cast, apart from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, obviously, was a surprise to me. You must see this film. It's just too good, and a perfect start to a crazy two weeks I'm about to experience!

Nice! Can not wait to see this.

you can stop with that one and not bother with the rest

I like the second and third films, they're mindless fun ... the fourth one leaves me cold, though ... I hope if they decide to make another one that they come up with a decent script (and cast!)

"Phantasm" (1979)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juQ1P-uFbA4

In Don "Beastmaster" Coscorelli's cult low budget horror classic, a pair of brothers investigate sinister goings-on at the local mortuary run by the mysterious "Tall Man" (Angus Scrimm).

This flick gets a lot of love from horror geeks for its "surreal" or "dreamlike" quality (i.e. the movie makes almost no damn sense!), though I'd say those qualities are due more to budget restraints and the filmmakers' lack of experience, than to any artistic sensibilities.

It's got some cool set pieces and the soundtrack is creepy. Otherwise, I've never really understood what all the whoop-de-doo is about this flick. Average at best.

I have "Phantasm II" next in the DVD pile and if things don't get any better in that one, then I'm certainly not going to bother with any more of this series.

Not long ago i watched all three movies in one hit,while ok it's not must see horror as many have voiced and you will be skipping thru alot of these flicks so it ends quicker.

"Phantasm" (1979)

In Don "Beastmaster" Coscorelli's cult low budget horror classic, a pair of brothers investigate sinister goings-on at the local mortuary run by the mysterious "Tall Man" (Angus Scrimm).

This flick gets a lot of love from horror geeks for its "surreal" or "dreamlike" quality (i.e. the movie makes almost no damn sense!), though I'd say those qualities are due more to budget restraints and the filmmakers' lack of experience, than to any artistic sensibilities.

It's got some cool set pieces and the soundtrack is creepy. Otherwise, I've never really understood what all the whoop-de-doo is about this flick. Average at best.

I have "Phantasm II" next in the DVD pile and if things don't get any better in that one, then I'm certainly not going to bother with any more of this series.

Not long ago i watched all three movies in one hit,while ok it's not must see horror as many have voiced and you will be skipping thru alot of these flicks so it ends quicker.

There are actually four "Phantasm" flicks altogether ("Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead" and "IV: Oblivion" were both direct-to-video).... but after being mostly unimpressed with the first two, I doubt that I'll bother to check out the rest....

• My Little Pony

"Phantasm" (1979)

There are actually four "Phantasm" flicks altogether ("Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead" and "IV: Oblivion" were both direct-to-video).... but after being mostly unimpressed with the first two, I doubt that I'll bother to check out the rest....

Do you buy all these films you review, Keef, or are they rentals? How big is your collection?

I like the second and third films, they're mindless fun ... the fourth one leaves me cold, though ... I hope if they decide to make another one that they come up with a decent script (and cast!)

I enjoyed them all....and I seem to remember hearing that there are supposed to be 2 more coming....

I enjoyed them all....and I seem to remember hearing that there are supposed to be 2 more coming....

I also enjoyed them.

Do you buy all these films you review, Keef, or are they rentals? How big is your collection?

Believe it or not, my DVD collection isn't especially huge...probably somewhere between 100-150 DVDs (I haven't counted lately)... I do buy DVDs when they're cheap (i.e. thrift stores, yard sales, bargain bins at the supermarket or WalMart, etc.) but many of those end up being "one spin and done" deals. I'm generally not in the habit of watching the same movies over and over again so my "keepers" are mainly old favorites.

...in other words, I may not be especially picky about what movies I watch (which is probably pretty obvious from many of the reviews I've posted here over the years, hahahaha!) but I'm pretty picky about which ones I keep. :lol:

I belong to a web site called "SwapaDVD" where I trade off old DVDs that I don't need anymore and get new ones in exchange, I've been using that mainly to build up my James Bond collection lately.

I borrow a lot of movies from the public library, and the rest rest I either rent from RedBox, record off of one of the various movie channels, or catch via the On Demand feature on my cable. Oh, and lately YouTube has been a gold mine of obscure/lost "B" movies, believe it or not. I've watched quite a few full length films on there.

• My Little Pony

Believe it or not, my DVD collection isn't especially huge...probably somewhere between 100-150 DVDs (I haven't counted lately)... I do buy DVDs when they're cheap (i.e. thrift stores, yard sales, bargain bins at the supermarket or WalMart, etc.) but many of those end up being "one spin and done" deals. I'm generally not in the habit of watching the same movies over and over again so my "keepers" are mainly old favorites.

...in other words, I may not be especially picky about what movies I watch (which is probably pretty obvious from many of the reviews I've posted here over the years, hahahaha!) but I'm pretty picky about which ones I keep. :lol:

I belong to a web site called "SwapaDVD" where I trade off old DVDs that I don't need anymore and get new ones in exchange, I've been using that mainly to build up my James Bond collection lately.

I borrow a lot of movies from the public library, and the rest rest I either rent from RedBox, record off of one of the various movie channels, or catch via the On Demand feature on my cable. Oh, and lately YouTube has been a gold mine of obscure/lost "B" movies, believe it or not. I've watched quite a few full length films on there.

Cool. You sure go through 'em quickly, so I was wondering where they were coming from.

Cool. You sure go through 'em quickly, so I was wondering where they were coming from.

Well, it helps that I have no social life whatsoever, and my wife works a lot of overnight shifts, which leaves me with a lot of time on my hands to drink beer and watch movies once the kids are in bed. :lol:

• My Little Pony

Well, it helps that I have no social life whatsoever, and my wife works a lot of overnight shifts, which leaves me with a lot of time on my hands to drink beer and watch movies once the kids are in bed. :lol:

I'd see to it my kids had a 7:00 bed time, if that was the case. ;}

51EP0HJy33L._SY300_.jpg

I must say, this is such a touching and great documentary. Thanks to James for bringing this in the other day. Never know that thing like this is possible to happen to an artist, it's like you've given up hope and suddenly in 10-15 years, thousand of people on the other side of the world are actually your fans. Reminds me of Harem Scarem that's probably forgotten in USA and Canada but very big in Japan.

"Friday the 13th Part 2" (1981)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqmj12n7yYc

Mrs. Voorhees' little boy Jason takes up the family business of hackin' up horny teenage camp counselors in the first of many sequels to the 1980 horror hit. Nothin' fancy, just good friendly violent fun.

There's got to be at least ONE more ... :)

"Barbarian Queen" (1985)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EubhIser9Ww

(WARNING: Trailer contains nekkid boobies. NSFW.)

In this zero-budget "Conan" variant filmed in South America, a warrior woman's village is ransacked by an evil overlord who enslaves her people... so she saddles up with a couple of other sword-swingin' hotties and rides off on a mission of vengeance. Yep, that's the entire plot. This hilariously awful Z-Movie features lots of poor acting, cheesy battle scenes and plenty of gratuitous boobage.

Useless trivia: Lana Clarkson, who plays the title character, was shot to death by legendary record producer Phil Spector in 2003.