Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

I've been doing some flying so hit up a few new movies that I normally wouldn't have.

The Greatest Showman - instantly rolled my eyes when the dance scenes from 100 years ago were reminiscent of a Britney Spears video. Inaccurate for most of the script and kinda boring.

Professor Marston and the Wonder Women - had never heard of this so went in not knowing what to expect. Turns out it was about a professor, his wife and the student they falling love with and form a full blown family with. Kind of interesting, but had little to do with Wonder Woman

Battle Of The Sexes - went in with average expectations and they were met. Nothing all that exciting here.

The Mountain Between Us - possibly not the best movie to watch on a plane. My wife isn't as good flyer, so a movie about a plane crash wasn't ideal for here to be catching snippets of. Probably the best of the 4 I saw. Worth a look this one.

"Cheech & Chong's Up In Smoke" (1978)

In the stoner-comedy duo's first movie, the dimwitted "Pedro" and "Man" have a variety of weed fueled adventures, and eventually end up driving a van made entirely of compressed marijuana into the U.S. from Mexico, with a dedicated-but-clueless narcotics cop (Stacy Keach) in hot pursuit. 

Loaded with low brow gags from beginning to end, "Up in Smoke" is dumb as a box of rocks but C&C are so much fun to watch that you can't help but laugh all the way through it. Has it really been 40 years since this movie was released? Farrrrrr OUT maaaaan! 

Avengers Infinity War.
Won't comment because spoilers, but I will say that the ending left the next movie very predictable for me and the twists and turns were diminished because of this. 

6 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Avengers Infinity War.
Won't comment because spoilers, but I will say that the ending left the next movie very predictable for me and the twists and turns were diminished because of this. 

still awesome 

"Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker" (2000)

The Batman of the future faces an apparently resurrected Joker, who's bent on creating a whole new 21st century of mayhem, in this cool sci-fi infused, action packed animated flick, featuring the great Mark Hamill as the Joker. Fun stuff for Bat-Fanboys. 

Black Panther (2018) - okay flick but nothing great...reminds me of the Wonder Woman film....loved by the critics mostly to be politically correct but is average in every way...

The Substitute (1996) - decent actioner starring Tom Berenger....

Resurrection (1999) - decent serial killer flick...

Karate Kid 2 - the one with Hilary Swank in it. Just because it was on TV. Was pretty average.
Over The Top - again because it happened to be on TV. Typical lame ass take on Rocky with arm wrestling instead of boxing.

"Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell" (2018)

The Graboids are back and so is ace monster-hunter Burt Gummer (Michael "Family Ties" Gross), who is summoned to the Canadian Arctic when a research station comes under attack by the subterranean critters. 
The "Tremors" series has been pumping out direct-to-video installments for a long time now and they keep getting cheaper looking as they go along -- this one is not quite SyFy Channel/Asylum cheap, but they're getting close. Still, it's always fun to watch Gross chew the scenery as the gun-happy "Burt" and there's plenty of slimy monster mayhem to keep fans happy.

"Final Exam" (1981)

A below average slasher about a nutjob with a knife running around a college campus, carving up students. Yup, that's the whole plot.  Like most '80s body count movies, this flick obviously wishes it was "Halloween" - a good hunk of the plaintive-piano musical score is a pretty blatant steal from Carpenter's classic. 
The bodies don't really start dropping till this movie is 3/4 of the way over, and the killer isn't particularly scary or even visually interesting like a "Michael" or a "Jason" -- he's just some random a**hole in street clothes. He apparently has no connection to his co-ed victims, since he's never identified and no reason is ever given for his killing spree. 
"Final Exam" has a couple of pretty girls in it and one or two good gory kills but otherwise it's dreadfully dull. You can skip it unless you absolutely have to see every slasher film made in the '80s.

• My Little Pony
16 hours ago, Fat Freddy said:

"Final Exam" (1981)

You can skip it unless you absolutely have to see every slasher film made in the '80s.

Pretty sure that's just you. ;}

"Dogma" (1999)
Two rogue angels trapped on Earth think they've figured out how to get back into Heaven - but if they're successful, it will destroy all of reality. Fortunately the good Lord has assembled a team consisting of a lapsed Catholic, a forgotten Apostle, and two stoners to stop them before their crusade can reach New Jersey. 
Kevin Smith's epic religious fantasy/comedy/road movie is certainly not for the devout (or anyone who's easily offended by crude language) but it's got a lot of laughs delivered by a great cast incl. Linda Fiorentino (whatever happened to her, anyway?), Chris Rock, Alan Rickman, Salma Hayek, Jason Lee, George Carlin (as a Catholic Cardinal!), Ben Affleck and Matt Damon.

Binged Season 3 of Ballers.

If your not familiar it is fucking brilliant. For fans of Marky Marks other mega awesome HBO series Entourage except this one is all about the underbelly of the NFL. The Rock is right at home along the mega snarky Rob Corduroy. This one like entourage has 2 slews of cameos and guest stars from real deal HOF footballers to A list actors hamming it up.

"Shock" (aka "Beyond The Door II," 1977)
Seven years after her husband's suicide, a woman moves back into their old house with her new family -- and soon begins having supernatural experiences which lead her to believe that Hubby #1 may still be hanging around the ol' homestead after all. 
"Shock" was Italian horror meister Mario Bava's final film before his death in 1980 and while it drags a bit in the middle it's a decent enough creep show, with a bravura performance by Daria Nicolodi as the tortured housewife. One of the better Spaghetti horrors I've seen lately.

"Torso" (1973)
An Italian college town is plagued by a series of strangulation murders. To get away from the horror, a group of pretty co-eds heads to a secluded mountain top villa for the weekend, but the wack job follows them there to continue his killing spree. 
The plot for this primo slice of "giallo" murder mystery was probably written on a cocktail napkin, but the flick makes up for its frequent lapses in logic with plenty of gorgeous Italian scenery, lots of pretty European girls (many of whom are frequently nude) and several scenes of bright, splashy gore.  Sick, sleazy fun.

"Hatchet II" (2010)
The lone survivor of the first "Hatchet" film (Danielle Harris of "Halloween 4 & 5" fame) returns to the Louisiana swamps with a posse of gun-toting rednecks in tow, hoping to put an end to the murderous Victor Crowley's reign of terror once and for all. Since there have been two additional "Hatchet" movies since this one, that should tell you how well it turns out for them...haha. 
This tongue-firmly-in-cheek parody of/homage to '80s style slasher films is basically a chance for the special FX guys to show off the latest and greatest in sick-o splatter tricks, which are hilariously over-the-top and impressively disgusting.

Bigger, louder, and  gorier than the first installment, "Hatchet II" is lots of fun as long as you've got a strong stomach.

Took my sons to see Avengers Infinity War last night,wasnt too bad,kids loved it...but it did go on a bit for my tastes and my sons got restless,enjoyed it tbough.