Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Smokey and the Bandit 3" (1983)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu4Ht2opvqY

Even Burt Reynolds knew to stay far away from this who-asked-for-it second sequel to his 70s car-crash hit (he only appears in a brief cameo at the end). Instead, the focus is on Jackie Gleason's recently-retired Buford T. Justice, who is offered $250,000 to drive from Florida to Texas in 24 hours, with a new "Bandit" (Jerry Reed) dogging him the entire way. Mucho redneck humor (and lots of automotive destruction) ensues, as usual, but everybody's just goin' thru the motions and in it for the paycheck.

Oddly enough, the original version of the film had Gleason playing dual roles as both "Smokey" and the "Bandit" characters, but poor test screenings prompted massive re-shoots that resulted in Reed being shoe-horned into the movie as a replacement "Bandit" at the last minute.

This movie flopped and is considered to be one of the worst sequels of the 80s ... and it's easy to see why.

Man I remember this movie.. On a cross country trip back in the 80s with My parents?? It was ALL over HBO so at every hotel We stopped at if they had HBO I watched this movie!! :rofl2: Not the greatest sequel ever, that's for sure, but at the end of that trip I could QUOTE most of this movie!! And yes it was originally going to be called Smokey IS the Bandit, with Jackie Gleason playing both roles, but, like you said, due to poor screen tests they quickly changed it.... I must have watched this movie a good 20 times on that trip.. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing?? :whistle:

Man I remember this movie.. On a cross country trip back in the 80s with My parents?? It was ALL over HBO so at every hotel We stopped at if they had HBO I watched this movie!! :rofl2: Not the greatest sequel ever, that's for sure, but at the end of that trip I could QUOTE most of this movie!! And yes it was originally going to be called Smokey IS the Bandit, with Jackie Gleason playing both roles, but, like you said, due to poor screen tests they quickly changed it.... I must have watched this movie a good 20 times on that trip.. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing?? :whistle:

I've only seen it this one time and that was enough for me. 20 times would DEFINITELY be a bad thing!!

One line made me laugh, though: When "Junior" asks Buford T. Justice if he'd ever joined the Klan, and Buford sez "Not a chance, son. Yo' Momma did, though. When she wore her sheet she looked like an iceberg with feet." :rofl2:

"Ted" (2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fbo_pQvU7M

8 year old John Bennett makes a Christmas wish that his teddy bear will be his "best friend forever"... a quarter century later, John's all grown up but "Ted" is still a foul mouthed, bong-hitting, sex crazed party animal who is messing up John's chances at happiness with his fiancée (Mila Kunis) in this fantasy/comedy from Seth "Family Guy" MacFarlane. It's funny as hell, it's raunchy as hell, yet it still somehow manages to have a sweet heartwarming side!!

"Ted" (2012)

8 year old John Bennett makes a Christmas wish that his teddy bear will be his "best friend forever"... a quarter century later, John's all grown up but "Ted" is still a foul mouthed, bong-hitting, sex crazed party animal who is messing up John's chances at happiness with his fiancée (Mila Kunis) in this fantasy/comedy from Seth "Family Guy" MacFarlane. It's funny as hell, it's raunchy as hell, yet it still somehow manages to have a sweet heartwarming side!!

Really? I've seen the trailers and can't bear to watch it. It looks painful, and I assume most of the funny bits are in the trailers... (Might have to check it out when it appears on TV though.)

"Ted" (2012)

Really? I've seen the trailers and can't bear to watch it. It looks painful, and I assume most of the funny bits are in the trailers... (Might have to check it out when it appears on TV though.)

I thought it was a hoot. I suppose your mileage with this flick would depend on your sense of humor... or how much you like Mila Kunis :masturbanana:

With my sons this afternoon:

"Astro Boy" (2009)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhqOHom9BY

Big budget CGI animated version of the cult Japanese cartoon, in which a scientist creates a robot duplicate of his late son that goes on to defend his city against various mechanical monsters and other evil doers. The animation's nice enough but the movie never quite finds its "tone," as it goes back and forth between slapstick action comedy and emotional drama. Worth a look once but nothing to merit repeated viewings.

"Officer Down" with Stephen Dorff and Walton Goggins (The Shield). Better than I thought but not great. Some decent twists and turns.

http://youtu.be/hvvusI6Sh64

"Ted" (2012)

It is super funny!

• My Little Pony

"Ted" (2012)

It is super funny!

I didn't like it. Probably because I don't care much for McFarlane.

"Jurassic Park" (1993)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc0UehYemQA

Steven Spielberg's mega-dino-blockbuster based on the Michael Crichton novel still has bite, 20 years (!) after it was first released. My kids loved it.

Skyline

Sci fi film about an earth invasion. Nothing new there. My wife gave up on it after an hour, but in line with an earlier discussion I had to stick with it til the end. By way of a breakdown:

Plot - nothing new, pretty unoriginal

Characters - completely one-dimensional and stereotyped

Acting - average

Dialogue - pretty poor

...but for some reason, I enjoyed the film. Silly, escapist fun. With some quite nice special effects. :tumbsup:

Star Trek: Into Darkness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAEkuVgt6Aw

Wow.. Just an Awesome movie!! Saw it today for My birthday.. Almost went to see The Lone Ranger, but Man am I glad I changed My mind!! If you have seen the remake from 2009 you will LOVE this movie too!! Has some neat twists in it I wasn't expecting.. Just a truly excellent movie!!