Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Chopping Mall" (1986)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLMyInUPQ2g

In this so-80s-it-hurts camp classic from Roger Corman, a group of teenage mall employees plan an epic after-hours party after the stores close. Unfortunately their revelry is rudely interrupted by the mall's trio of high tech security robots, who are transformed into mechanical killing machines after lightning zotzes their main computer. Hilarity, of course, ensues.

Goofy (on purpose), violent, action packed fun that features one of the best exploding head scenes ever put to celluloid. :D

Looks ridiculous! :lol:

Watched The Hunger Games last night. Really enjoyed it, nice idea and a good film.

We watched that a few weeks back - I had grave misgivings, but I really enjoyed it (even if I did keep thinking of 'The Running Man' every now and then!)

We watched The Hangover and The Hangover - Part 2 over the weekend ... the first film was hilarious ... thought the second one had some very funny scenes, but didn't quite match up to the first film ... :)

"Chopping Mall" (1986)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLMyInUPQ2g

In this so-80s-it-hurts camp classic from Roger Corman, a group of teenage mall employees plan an epic after-hours party after the stores close. Unfortunately their revelry is rudely interrupted by the mall's trio of high tech security robots, who are transformed into mechanical killing machines after lightning zotzes their main computer. Hilarity, of course, ensues.

Goofy (on purpose), violent, action packed fun that features one of the best exploding head scenes ever put to celluloid. :D

Looks ridiculous! :lol:

Watched The Hunger Games last night. Really enjoyed it, nice idea and a good film.

We watched that a few weeks back - I had grave misgivings, but I really enjoyed it (even if I did keep thinking of 'The Running Man' every now and then!)

Me too. The idea is very similar, although different enough to make it a good story. Considering how many generic films there are out there, e.g. sports / crime / horror movies that follow a standard plot template, I think we can tolerate a little similarity here and there. I really liked the way they built it up, the over-the-top costumes and personalities of the privileged few and a few of the characters were nicely done. I did wonder about the relevance of getting 'sponsors', which they went on and on about before the games, yet seemed to make no difference whatsoever once it started. And I thought putting the wolf/bear/monsters thingies it near the end was utterly rubbish. Fun film though and I look forward to the sequel.

What did you think of Looper, Nightrain? i liked it up 'til they started the stuff with the little kid, then it went way off course.

Last night I re-watched A Bittersweet Life, one of my favorite flicks from the past few years. It's a character study set in the world of Korean gangsters with a couple of brilliant action set pieces thrown in for good measure. The ending shoot-out is one of the best I've seen in years.

You can watch the ending here but be warned in contains SPOILERS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5FiNGW8Pvo

What did you think of Looper, Nightrain? i liked it up 'til they started the stuff with the little kid, then it went way off course.

Last night I re-watched A Bittersweet Life, one of my favorite flicks from the past few years. It's a character study set in the world of Korean gangsters with a couple of brilliant action set pieces thrown in for good measure. The ending shoot-out is one of the best I've seen in years.

You can watch the ending here but be warned in contains SPOILERS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5FiNGW8Pvo

I must admit, I don't really like it as much as most people at IMDB. I guess a 6.5/10 is okay. The idea is kinda original but at one point, it's basically a simple action movie with a little time travel twist. The ending is a little unexpected but then it's making sense to avoid the whole tragedy although that doesn't really guarantee that the kid won't turn out to be Rainmaker in the future though.

Well I'm interested to watch this Korean movie. I guess Korean do have quite a few great movies, and last thing I watch is the horrifying tale of the serial killer. I believe the title is 'The Chaser', have you seen it ?

Source Code

Really good, thought-provoking sci-fi thriller, but I'm not sure if the ending completely ruined it or made it better. Strange. Interested to hear from anyone else who's seen this one...

Off to see The Evil Dead over the weekend ... my expectations aren't high ...

They should be...that movie was awesome, as long as you like extremely gory films.

The remake of Red Dawn, not that I managed to watch all this turgid heap of crap!!

Why would you do that to yourself? :(

They should be...that movie was awesome, as long as you like extremely gory films.

I don't mind gore ... so long as it's a decent story ... nothing worse than a film that relies on buckets of blood with nothing to back it up ...

The remake of Red Dawn, not that I managed to watch all this turgid heap of crap!!

Why would you do that to yourself? :(

is it really that bad?

I didn't think so.