Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Hot Fuzz" (2007)

[media=]

[/media]

In this genre-twisting parody from the "Shaun of the Dead" crew, a tightly wound London supercop (Simon Pegg) is transferred to a country village whose deceptively sleepy exterior hides a dark secret.

Starts out as a pretty standard takeoff on police procedural flicks, then suddenly goes all dark 'n' hilariously twisted around the three quarter mark before an explosive, all out orgy-of-gunplay finale that would make Michael Bay proud.

A total hoot!!

Love it!

Yeah backed, that is a great movie!

"Godzilla" (1998)

[media=]

[/media]

A big budget Americanized remake of the Big Green Guy should've been an easy home run. Unfortunately the project was headed by "Independence Day" director Roland Emmerich, who'd apparently never seen a "Godzilla" movie in his life.

In this version, Godzilla is a radioactive-mutant Iguana from the South Seas (?) who stomps his way across the ocean and sets up shop in New York. Mayhem, and of course lots of explosive special effects, ensue. However, this is a "Godzilla" movie in name only.

Here's a partial list of what went wrong:

*Godzilla doesn't look like "Godzilla."

*Godzilla does not breathe fire.

*Godzilla is a "burrower" who hides underground (on Manhattan Island?)

*Godzilla lays eggs (?), resulting in tons of offspring, so that the last half hour of the movie looks like an urban take on "Jrassic Park."

*Most of the actors are hilariously miscast, esp. Matthew Broderick as a crusading scientist and two members of "The Simpsons" voice cast (Harry Shearer and Hank Azaria) as network news men.

I saw this movie during its theatrical run in '98 and I was pretty hammered at the time so I remembered almost nothing of it aside from a vague feeling that it was terrible. Watching it last night, those "vague feelings" were confirmed. This movie is a travesty. I'm surprised that Japan didn't declare war on us again after seeing what Emmerich did to "their" icon.

• My Little Pony

iron_sky.jpg

I always get this red X

hm not sure why, but can you see it now ?

nope. am I the only one that is getting the red X?

Nope. I can't see shit either.

• My Little Pony

"Hot Fuzz" (2007)

[media=]

[/media]

In this genre-twisting parody from the "Shaun of the Dead" crew, a tightly wound London supercop (Simon Pegg) is transferred to a country village whose deceptively sleepy exterior hides a dark secret.

Starts out as a pretty standard takeoff on police procedural flicks, then suddenly goes all dark 'n' hilariously twisted around the three quarter mark before an explosive, all out orgy-of-gunplay finale that would make Michael Bay proud.

A total hoot!!

Love it!

Yeah backed, that is a great movie!

I can't wait for the third! These guys are taking their damn sweet time.

Have you guys been watching "A Touch of Cloth?" It aired on Sky1, I believe. I live across the pond, so I have 'em downloaded. Only two episodes, but they're hilarious!

• My Little Pony

"Godzilla" (1998)

[media=]

[/media]

A big budget Americanized remake of the Big Green Guy should've been an easy home run. Unfortunately the project was headed by "Independence Day" director Roland Emmerich, who'd apparently never seen a "Godzilla" movie in his life.

In this version, Godzilla is a radioactive-mutant Iguana from the South Seas (?) who stomps his way across the ocean and sets up shop in New York. Mayhem, and of course lots of explosive special effects, ensue. However, this is a "Godzilla" movie in name only.

*Godzilla lays eggs (?), resulting in tons of offspring, so that the last half hour of the movie looks like an urban take on "Jrassic Park."

*Most of the actors are hilariously miscast, esp. Matthew Broderick as a crusading scientist and two members of "The Simpsons" voice cast (Harry Shearer and Hank Azaria) as network news men.

I saw this movie during its theatrical run in '98 and I was pretty hammered at the time so I remembered almost nothing of it aside from a vague feeling that it was terrible. Watching it last night, those "vague feelings" were confirmed. This movie is a travesty. I'm surprised that Japan didn't declare war on us again after seeing what Emmerich did to "their" icon.

I remember being sick when I watched this, and I didn't make it all the way through. I guess I didn't miss much. Good to know... 14 years later.

"Godzilla" (1998)

[media=]

[/media]

I remember being sick when I watched this, and I didn't make it all the way through. I guess I didn't miss much. Good to know... 14 years later.

I'm probably one of the few who actually enjoyed this movie but then I have never bothered watching the original Godzilla movies...

I'm probably one of the few who actually enjoyed this movie but then I have never bothered watching the original Godzilla movies...

The thing is, I am not much more than a casual fan of Godzilla movies, yet this thing *still* pissed me off. I've seen my share of "The Big G" movies over the years but I'm far from hardcore. I can't tell you the names of every monster Godzilla's ever fought, or which movies make up the "original series," which are the "showa series," which are the "millennium series," or whatever, yet I was still sittin' there like "That's wrong. That is wrong. That is totally wrong. THAT is bullsh*t!"

So if a casual fan like me was getting that torqued off, I can only imagine how the real diehard Godzilla fans must've reacted to it... :D

I just learned this myself, but apparently the Japanese weren't too happy with Emmerich's "Godzila" either. In a 2004 movie called "Godzilla: Final Wars," The Big G battles just about every monster he's ever faced in his entire film history, and when he meets the "Americanized" Godzilla (whom fans apparently call "GINO," which stands for "Godzilla In Name Only"...haha) ... the "real deal" totally kicks his ass in about thirty seconds. :rofl2:

[media=]

[/media]

Caught the tail end of a Syfy Channel cheapie called "Sand Sharks" w/my kids last night - hilariously awful crap that basically takes the "Tremors" premise but replaces the "Graboids" with prehistoric sharks that can "swim" through sand. Uh, yeah, suuuuuure. Stretching the boundaries of believability even more, Brooke Hogan (Hulk's daughter) plays a scientist of some sort.

That was followed by the premiere of The Asylum's soon-to-be classic "Two Headed Shark Attack," which I recorded for viewing later simply because after "Sand Sharks" I didn't think my brain could handle that much badness in one night.

Caught the tail end of a Syfy Channel cheapie called "Sand Sharks" w/my kids last night - hilariously awful crap that basically takes the "Tremors" premise but replaces the "Graboids" with prehistoric sharks that can "swim" through sand. Uh, yeah, suuuuuure. Stretching the boundaries of believability even more, Brooke Hogan (Hulk's daughter) plays a scientist of some sort.

That was followed by the premiere of The Asylum's soon-to-be classic "Two Headed Shark Attack," which I recorded for viewing later simply because after "Sand Sharks" I didn't think my brain could handle that much badness in one night.

I've seen both of those and you do really need to switch off your brain to appreciate them. I've seen "Super Shark" as well. The highlight is a brawl between the shark - which can walk on land - and a walking tank.

Last film I watched: Dinocroc v Supergator

Two CGI reptiles stomp about Hawaii eating girls in bikinis. Then fight each other. Yes, it is as stupid as it sounds.

"Godzilla" (1998)

[media=]

[/media]

I loved it too. Would watch it again, quite happily. Silly film, but good fun and anything with dinosaurs (or dinosaur-like creatures) is fine by me! :)

I've seen both of those and you do really need to switch off your brain to appreciate them. I've seen "Super Shark" as well. The highlight is a brawl between the shark - which can walk on land - and a walking tank.

Last film I watched: Dinocroc v Supergator

Two CGI reptiles stomp about Hawaii eating girls in bikinis. Then fight each other. Yes, it is as stupid as it sounds.

I've seen "DinoCroc Vs. Supergator" - it was hilariously awful. I have a weakness for those SyFy Channel flicks, theyr'e godawful yet I can never look away.

"Godzilla" (1998)

[media=]

[/media]

I also like it.

Over the past few days:

X-Men First Class: good stuff, especially enjoyed the Wolverine Hugh Jackman cameo...

Edge Of Darkness: This was done well, good tension, tons of violence and the whole government conspiracy plot is always nice...

Both very enjoyable

"Men in Black II" (2002)

The now-veteran Agent "J" (Will Smith) has to call "K" (Tommy Lee Jones) out of retirement in order to battle a threat to Earth (an alien beastie that takes the very hot Lara Flynn Boyle as its "human" form) which has ties to one of K's most famous past adentures.

Just like the first one, this is fast, funny, action packed slapstick stuff with tons of cool creatures.