Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Stephen King's Desperation"

...my wife and I picked this up out of the bargain bin @ Walmart over a year ago and until last night it had never even been opened. There was nothin' on TV last night so we finally took pity on this lonely film, cracked the shrink wrap on it, and sat down to watch. About an hour into it, I was wondering why we bothered, and by the end, I was wondering what possessed me to sit through this overly long, talky, not-scary-in-the-slightest made for TV adaptation of one of King's lesser recent works in its entirety. (My wife fell asleep about halfway thru, and woke up just as it ended... I told her "don't worry, you didn't miss anything." Ron ("Hellboy") Perlman was fun to watch as the demonically-possessed smalltown sheriff but fun went right out the window any time he wasn't on screen. This was originally a two-part mini-series covering four hours (the run time minus commercials is just shy of two and a half hours) but the whole thing could've easily been boiled down to one 90 minute film, IMO. I felt really burned because could've watched TWO crappy movies last night in the time it took me to get through this thing. :angry:

Avoid, avoid, avoid!!!

You should of asked before watching that one, I could of told you how bad it sucked.

You wanna hear something really funny? We actually own TWO copies of that piece of sh*t on DVD too!! We bought one out of the bargain bin @ Walmart, then last year the supermarket by us closed down their video rental dept. and was selling off all the DVDs for five bucks, and my wife came home from there with a whole stack of movies, including another "Desperation." I was like "Uh... we already have this one." :hammer:

Anyway, wow, yea, what a piece of crap "Desperation" was... Probably gonna watch "Open Water" later. Hoping that's better.

Hey Keith I hate to dissapoint you, but Open Water is a total piece of shit. There is some acceptable nudity in the first 15 minutes, but after that... poo, poo.

Watched a new thriller called Amused last night and that was done real well. And the cast is good looking and the clown scenes are scary!

Hey Keith I hate to dissapoint you, but Open Water is a total piece of shit. There is some acceptable nudity in the first 15 minutes, but after that... poo, poo.

Haha, really? Well, we'll see... I've been scanning the comments about it on IMDB and it appears to be one of those "love or hate" kind of movies... and again, even if it sux, it was cheap (I'm the DVD version of YOU, Terry... you never pay more than a couple of $ for CDs, and I rarely pay more than five bucks for a DVD... heh heh!)

By the way, about that flick "Mirrors" - I have yet to see it in its entirety but I have seen the bathtub scene Wes was talking about a few posts back and god DAMN that was one of the nastiest things I've seen in recent memory. If the rest of the movie is like that it must be pretty hardcore...

Haha, really? Well, we'll see... I've been scanning the comments about it on IMDB and it appears to be one of those "love or hate" kind of movies... and again, even if it sux, it was cheap (I'm the DVD version of YOU, Terry... you never pay more than a couple of $ for CDs, and I rarely pay more than five bucks for a DVD... heh heh!)

By the way, about that flick "Mirrors" - I have yet to see it in its entirety but I have seen the bathtub scene Wes was talking about a few posts back and god DAMN that was one of the nastiest things I've seen in recent memory. If the rest of the movie is like that it must be pretty hardcore...

it isnt. the bathtub scene is just about the best part.

Hmm...bummer. Well, it was directed by the same guy who did "Haute Tension" and the remake of the first "Hills Have Eyes" and I dug those, I'll probably give it a rent at some point...

Anywhoo, just watched "Open Water" -- not bad, but not great either. At least it was shorter than "Desperation!" Interesting concept, just not a very exciting execution. The last ten minutes or so was great though. I will admit that for most of the movie I kept putting myself in those divers' situation and thinking "Man, how did those people last so long? I would've been completely batsh*t crazy in less than an hour!" haha.

P.S. Terry, the "acceptable nudity" of which you spoke was quite acceptable... that gal was cute!

Wolf Creek--> Wow, that was one "carnageously" outstanding horror movie IMO. The movie claims people frequently go missing in the Aussie outback, but I'd imagine most meet their demise secondary to dehydration/starvation/angry wallabies (?sp.) rather than psycho killers. Just saying.

The Dark Knight

Must admit I was slightly disappointed with this, definitely preferred Batman Begins.

In a small way I kind of felt the same way. But I own it and need to watch it again.

With that being said I still thought it was very good.

After all the hype I had to watch it and my opinion is exactly the same :unsure:

I totally disagree, I thought the movie kicked ass.

Yeah the bathtub scene was the nastiest along with the opeining scene but it kept me on the edge of my seat for most of the movie. :tumbsup:

My Best Friends Girl - With Dane Cook, Jason Biggs, Kate Hudson and the hilarious Alec Baldwin. A pretty damn good romantic comedy IMO. Very enjoyable and much much better than Lame, I mean Pine, Apple Express(see review above).

Mirrors - With Keifer Sutherland and Amy Smart. This is one f#@king badass thriller/suspense/horror flick IMO. If you rent this make sure you check out the unrated version for a few really twisted scenes including the opening scene as well as a scene with Amy Smart taking a bath. After seeing this flick I'm not sure if I want any mirrors in my house again.

Wes darling....ae you on CRACK? Good special effects with Mirrors..but the ending wanted to make me kill the tv. they didn't know what the fuck to do with it after the nun thing.

Sorry Widda your out of your mind. I thought it was a badass movie with great special effects.

I do agree with the ending and not knowing what to do after the Nun thing.

It should ended with that scene with her back in the mirrored room.

'Unfaithful' ; actually a really cool film. I think I've seen half of it before, but I really liked it.

'Paparazzi' ; just caught the 2nd half of this, but I kind of liked it.

Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King....all extended versions.....started watching at 1pm and finished at 12am.....greatest series of movies ever made....

Backed those special edition versions are excellent. :bowdown:

Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King....all extended versions.....started watching at 1pm and finished at 12am.....greatest series of movies ever made....

Backed those special edition versions are excellent. :bowdown:

I couldn't agree more.. Sure they are each 3 and a half to 4 hours long,but it doesn't matter!! They are THAT good!!!! :tumbsup:

Pretty creepy movie isn't it??? I didn't think John Cusack would be good in a horror/thriller movie, but I was pleasantly suprised, He did quite a good job I must say..... :tumbsup:

I agree. I like Cusack but wasn't sure about a horror movie but he carried it well. I liked this one too.

Pretty creepy movie isn't it??? I didn't think John Cusack would be good in a horror/thriller movie, but I was pleasantly suprised, He did quite a good job I must say..... :tumbsup:

I agree. I like Cusack but wasn't sure about a horror movie but he carried it well. I liked this one too.

Backed, I thought that was a good movie and John did a great job.

Backed, I thought that was a good movie and John did a great job.

Yep - quite enjoyed it.