Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Terry, looks like Tim(2) didn't like Cloverfield as much as we did. :(

I see that... Maybe Tim2 saw a different movie. :) I don't remember seeing any sea monsters, just a mess of Starship Trooper styled bugs. ? .

Well what was that big creature that rose up over the Brooklyn Bridge then? The one that picked-up & ate the guy with the camera? I know there were those stupid bugs in the Subway tunnels, but there was also the main creature. But honestly, both looked rubbish. I mean, if one day the planet gets attacked by mutant fish/dinosaurs then I'll hold my hands-up & admit I was wrong....

Starship Troopers was funny, & didn't take itself very seriously. This wasn't funny, or very good IMO.

Agreed on Starship Trooper! Really a good movie... The sequel :puke:

Terry, looks like Tim(2) didn't like Cloverfield as much as we did. :(

I see that... Maybe Tim2 saw a different movie. :) I don't remember seeing any sea monsters, just a mess of Starship Trooper styled bugs. ? .

Well what was that big creature that rose up over the Brooklyn Bridge then? The one that picked-up & ate the guy with the camera? I know there were those stupid bugs in the Subway tunnels, but there was also the main creature. But honestly, both looked rubbish. I mean, if one day the planet gets attacked by mutant fish/dinosaurs then I'll hold my hands-up & admit I was wrong....

I believe the critter in "Cloverfield" was extra-terrestrial in origin, not a sea monster. I didn't catch this bit myself, but the film's trivia page on IMDB sez if you look in the background during the last scene in the film (when the guy & girl are happily enjoying the Ferris Wheel on Coney Island), you can see a large "object" fall from the sky and splash down in the ocean, way off in the distance...

Oh, and Terry, there is indeed a "Cloverfield" sequel in the works.

CLOVERFIELD

Thought this would be a passable time-waster and ended up enjoying the heck out of it. I thought the love story (despite making the movie drag a bit in the beginning) was well-done, giving the ensuing chaos an emotional foundation, something all too often absent in horror films. Of course, no discussion of Cloverfield is complete without mentioning the hand-held video camera and while it's far from my favorite style of film-making, it didn't bother me much here. That's not to say it's any less dizzying than other flicks of this sort, but it worked well within the context of the movie. Really, I found this to be a top-notch "monster" film. Not my standard blood-and-guts stuff (I still can't believe I'm praising a PG-13 flick), but for some reason I found myself drawn into the scenario. It had intensity, even if the camera wouldn't hold still as much as you might have liked (seriously, even during an end-of-the-world scenario, I could film better than this dolt).

Bottom line, for monster movie fans, this one delivers.

'Shreck 3' ; yeah, this was okay I guess. Like the rest, good harmless fun.

'American Dreamz' ; a bit of harmless fun - I enjoyed it enough. Mandy Moore... she has grown up.

Re-watched a few movies over the weekend:

'Click' ; jeebers wept this movie is sad. Even with the happy ending. The female cast is just unbelievable too, regardless of role in movie. I like this one.

'Dude, where's my car' ; this really is pure and utter shit... it really is.

What Happened to Harold Smith? Based in 1978 about a disco guy who tries to be a punk to impress a girl. Good I quite liked it.

Speed Racer

How was that? My son wanted to see it but it did such a fast fade from theatres around here that I guess he's gonna have to wait for DVD.

A guy I work with took his kids to see it, he sez they loved it but it gave him a headache after about fifteen minutes :lol: He said it was like "standing behind someone in an arcade watching them play a video game"

The Happening - the best comedy of the year so far! :chainsaw::P

Yep I just saw that too. After the brilliant first 20 minutes the whole thing descends into comedy. Mark Wahlberg is terrible, but not as bad as the storyline itself.... This one is a wait-for-DVD....

"The Incredible Hulk". Pretty good. Good enough to get into a part 2 if done well. MUCH better than the 2003 version. :tumbsup:

Yep I just saw that too. After the brilliant first 20 minutes the whole thing descends into comedy. Mark Wahlberg is terrible, but not as bad as the storyline itself.... This one is a wait-for-DVD....

I was actually really looking forward to seeing this, but EVERYONE who has seen it says it is absolute shit. :lol: It's off my 'want' list now.

I was actually really looking forward to seeing this, but EVERYONE who has seen it says it is absolute shit. :lol: It's off my 'want' list now.

I actually liked it! :whistle: