Would you like to see any of the following bands added to HH?

Would you like to see any of the following bands added to HH?   

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Please take a few minutes to vote. Voice your opinions. Just tryin' to see something.... :P

• 2023 Gold Donors

As much as I love a lot of those you've mentioned, I don't think I would endorse any of them.

It's hard to draw a line, but a line has to be drawn at some point.

The purity of HH must be preserved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

I wanted to add that I think any one of those bands mentioned above are more than welcome to be discussed on the forum.

I just don't think they belong on the main site database.  

• Like 2

I think Pink Floyd from The Wall (late 70s) definitely fits. Especially the Gilmour years. 

I think Genesis from late 70s to early 80s fits but that is a small part of their catalogue so maybe no overall. 

I think Soundgarden are a Sabbath influenced band so I believe they fit. Pure hard rock.

I think Alice In Chains were hard rock on their first album but went a bit more grunge after that, so no overall.

I think there is a strong case that STP were never really grunge at all. Maybe that's why Weiland was such a good frontman for Velvet Revolver. But I know most would disagree.

With other Prog bands on the main site I think it is strange that some others don't make it, especially Pink Floyd (not the Syd Barrett years though).

• Thanks 1

A No from me for all of them. Not what I associate with the site at all. 

Nothing to do with the fact that I strongly dislike every single band on the list except Goo Goo Dolls - there's plenty of bands I dislike strongly on this site, but I understand why they're there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is one band I do think should be added that while not on the list, is connected to one of those bands and that is Audioslave. Cornell is a fantastic vocalist, but Soundgarden does not belong here, and only some of his solo stuff does, but the three Audioslave albums should defo be considered.

If Alter Bridge is in the database, Audioslave should certainly be there.

Kid Rock is/was great in his southern rock phase, but as much as I like that I don't think he really belongs here.

I'd rather have stuff like Bowling For Soup on the site than all of those bands on the list, and I ain't even convinced they belong either.

• Like 1

Me, myself & I don't care about any of those bands listed but I'm obviously odd man on this site .... but at same time I'm right on the edge of liking metal not quite all the way over..... but I know some stuff I listen too wouldn't be on here either. I'm in the middle I guess.

35 minutes ago, TheOriginalSplash said:

Me, myself & I don't care about any of those bands listed but I'm obviously odd man on this site .... but at same time I'm right on the edge of liking metal not quite all the way over..... but I know some stuff I listen too wouldn't be on here either. I'm in the middle I guess.

The more metal stuff has its own database https://brutalmetal.com Just in case you had not spotted it.

7 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

There is one band I do think should be added that while not on the list, is connected to one of those bands and that is Audioslave. Cornell is a fantastic vocalist, but Soundgarden does not belong here, and only some of his solo stuff does, but the three Audioslave albums should defo be considered.

If Alter Bridge is in the database, Audioslave should certainly be there.

No idea why, but for some reason I thought Audioslave was already on HH. I concur; I believe they are a definite fit. 👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

No idea why, but for some reason I thought Audioslave was already on HH. I concur; I believe they are a definite fit. 👍

Ok, I will pull the CDs and submit them

4 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

The more metal stuff has its own database https://brutalmetal.com Just in case you had not spotted it.

Thats just it I'm in the middle really most music on that site is heavier than me but yet this 1 is more softer than I like ...lol. 

1 minute ago, TheOriginalSplash said:

Thats just it I'm in the middle really most music on that site is heavier than me but yet this 1 is more softer than I like ...lol. 

The thing is that site is kinda a mixed bag with some borderline stuff. Stuff like Iron Maiden, Saxon, some Sabbath, Dio and a lot of early Priest really are not that heavy and kinda straddle the heavy and melodic spectrum but everything has to go somewhere. And lets face it a lot of people call Scorpions "metal" but they are on HH not BM. All down to how people judge what genre they belong in.

Even bands like Twisted Sister, WASP or Fozzy could fit on Brutal Metal as well as Heavy Harmonies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

The thing is that site is kinda a mixed bag with some borderline stuff. Stuff like Iron Maiden, Saxon, some Sabbath, Dio and a lot of early Priest really are not that heavy and kinda straddle the heavy and melodic spectrum but everything has to go somewhere. And lets face it a lot of people call Scorpions "metal" but they are on HH not BM. All down to how people judge what genre they belong in.

Even bands like Twisted Sister, WASP or Fozzy could fit on Brutal Metal as well as Heavy Harmonies.

Completely agree .....I know, I'm a pain in the azz ain't I ?....lol. My wife agrees shakin' her head. Hey it's somethin' to do.

Edited by TheOriginalSplash
added

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 5/1/2024 at 10:17 AM, Metal T said:

I'd like to see 'The Cars' on HH...at their core a straight up rock band.

I absolutely love "The Cars".

They were a big part of my life growing up, but I don't think they're HH material. 

A rock band for sure, as you said, but I think of them more like "INXS", another great rock band at it's core, but not HH worthy.

IMO, of course. 

So obviously you know that my idea of hard rock, sleaze and glam is quite a bit different from a lot of people who frequent the site and I also have a more encompassing view of AOR as well but here's my take:

America: Absolutely I think they fit as either lite AOR or Hard Rock in some spots.

Christopher Cross: Yes, although he is soft rock I would have to say that he also falls into the category of AOR.

Air Supply: Same as Christopher Cross but with some pomp influence too.

Collective Soul: Collective Soul is a modern classic rock band imo and absolutely should be on the site.

Live: nope 

Creed: I would say yes, it's weird that Alter Bridge and Scott Stapp's solo stuff is on the site but Creed isn't. 

Stone Temple Pilots: I'd say yes. Especially from Purple on.

Goo Goo Dolls: They're one of my favorite bands but I don't think they fit here.

Alice in Chains: Big no.

Soundgarden: Maybe, they have big guitars and soaring vocals. 

Pearl Jam: See Soundgarden. 

Nirvana: No

Mudhoney: I love Mudhoney with all my heart but they don't belong here.

Kid Rock (Rock and southern rock releases only): I hate Kid Rock but if Andrew W.K. is here he probably should be too.

Genesis: The Peter Gabriel stuff for sure. 

Pink Floyd: Yes

Emerson, Lake, & Palmer (Powell): Yes

The Rolling Stone: Absolutely 

The Beatles: Yes

Also, I'd like to see Creedence, ELO and a few others on the site as well.

• 2023 Gold Donors
14 minutes ago, Dramarama said:

So obviously you know that my idea of hard rock, sleaze and glam is quite a bit different from a lot of people who frequent the site and I also have a more encompassing view of AOR as well but here's my take:

America: Absolutely I think they fit as either lite AOR or Hard Rock in some spots.

Christopher Cross: Yes, although he is soft rock I would have to say that he also falls into the category of AOR.

Air Supply: Same as Christopher Cross but with some pomp influence too.

Collective Soul: Collective Soul is a modern classic rock band imo and absolutely should be on the site.

Live: nope 

Creed: I would say yes, it's weird that Alter Bridge and Scott Stapp's solo stuff is on the site but Creed isn't. 

Stone Temple Pilots: I'd say yes. Especially from Purple on.

Goo Goo Dolls: They're one of my favorite bands but I don't think they fit here.

Alice in Chains: Big no.

Soundgarden: Maybe, they have big guitars and soaring vocals. 

Pearl Jam: See Soundgarden. 

Nirvana: No

Mudhoney: I love Mudhoney with all my heart but they don't belong here.

Kid Rock (Rock and southern rock releases only): I hate Kid Rock but if Andrew W.K. is here he probably should be too.

Genesis: The Peter Gabriel stuff for sure. 

Pink Floyd: Yes

Emerson, Lake, & Palmer (Powell): Yes

The Rolling Stone: Absolutely 

The Beatles: Yes

Also, I'd like to see Creedence, ELO and a few others on the site as well.

I also love many of the bands mentioned, but I think your letting your sentimentality cloud your judgement. 

As Geoff said, they're not what I associate with the site.

IMO, of course. 

I'm really just trying to compare them to bands that are already on the site. There's so many bands that I love that I know have no place on the site but I think some of these ones do.

• 2023 Gold Donors
17 minutes ago, Dramarama said:

I'm really just trying to compare them to bands that are already on the site. There's so many bands that I love that I know have no place on the site but I think some of these ones do.

Yeah, I get it and as comprehensive as the database is, there's always gonna be arguments about who should be in or out.

It is what it is and ultimately when it comes down to it, it's up to Dan and that's fine by me.

• Like 1

I agree completely. I love the site and I love being able to contribute but at the end of the day I think it's in very capable hands. 

• Like 1