Studio: Ivorytears Music Works Studios
Recorded By: Alessandro Del Vecchio 
Mixed By: Alessandro Del Vecchio
Mastered By: Alessandro Del Vecchio 

LOL

(a decent song, IMO)

So, is ADV involved?

• Haha 1

Since the first album, I've called out this band for being far too samey.

Hearing this song on its own, it sounds ok, but mixed in with a bunch of songs that all have the same tempo, tone and vibe will probably just bury it.

For me there are too many words in the chorus. Not everything has to be... Everything.

I'd also like to point out that not featuring the drummer makes both of those videos look stupid as hell. I know this project was only put together for the sake of getting Dean to sing more but come on.

6 minutes ago, Eric3 said:

I'd also like to point out that not featuring the drummer makes both of those videos look stupid as hell. I know this project was only put together for the sake of getting Dean to sing more but come on.

Better than a clip where the bands instruments have no amps and the singer has no mic, while singing in some desert field.

Love that song. Beauty. I agree the video looks stupid without any drummer clips too. 

I haven't listened to "Against The Wings" yet, but will do so when it's -25C outside.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting album. A fair chunk of these tunes do feel a bit like the b-sides to the last album, but the first two tracks are absolute beauties and there's enough others to make it a pretty good album, again, overall. 'Against The Winds' and 'Changing My Mind' are great, though. 

Special shout out to Joel Hoekstra too. Haven't specifically paid too much attention to him in the past, but his guitar work on this is quite a drawcard for me. And it's not the solos I'm talking about. Some of the guitar work in the verses and pre-choruses of my favourites songs on this album is particularly tasty. 

It just sounds like a rather plodding 80's hard rock, rather than a proper AOR, album.

Nothing sticks out, but then why would it when it's the same guy writing all of it, plus every other album on the label, whilst also being a touring member of several of the "bands" on the label.

So it's pretty much what you'd expect.

As Geoff points out, the opening 2 are ok, track one outshines track 2 for me.

The only other song that I recall standing out (although not that much as I just had to look back and see what it was!) is track 11, No Turning Back.

I really don't know why Frontiers persist with this, but I guess all the ingredients are there for quality music, if you just removed ADV completely from the equation.  It's like having all the ingredients for a nice steak dinner, and then doing a shit on the plate.

Album number 6 was completed within the same sessions, so expect more of the same in the next 12 - 18 months.

Edited by Captain Cowardly
Spelling

On 1/18/2024 at 10:09 PM, Eric3 said:

Saw this video this morning for the first time. Now completely in love with the tune. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lyric vid for "Fall on My Knees"

Great musicianship weighed down by standard del Vecchio cliches. The funny part about this being a lyric video is that it highlights how dumb the lyrics are.

Also, why are the backing vocals so loud?

• Like 1

It's an ok album and no more. 'Will I See You Again' is the only track that really stuck.  Meh!!