Do you still go to shows?

AlphaMale

I found that now I have little to no desire to see any bands, no matter how much I like them. And I used to go to the rock clubs for shows all the time. Not sure if it's an age thing or what but I just don't want to anymore. 

Anyone else?

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

I found that now I have little to no desire to see any bands, no matter how much I like them. And I used to go to the rock clubs for shows all the time. Not sure if it's an age thing or what but I just don't want to anymore. 

Anyone else?

Old fartitis.....hits us all sooner or later....:lol:

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Anyone else?

Yeah, you're old. 

7 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Anyone else?

been to about 6 gigs this year.

Cats in Space in December. 

I'll still go. I just missed HEAT because I had no idea on the planet they were here, but I'd have seen that for sure. Will probably see Skid Row in December. My main issue is I never know who's coming here and when and I therefore miss a lot. I was actually thinking just today that I have a strong desire to go and see some bone crunching post-hardcore / metalcore type of band hopefully sometime soon. 

I still love to go.  Although, I do have to say I'm starting to skip some shows I might've went to just because I've been saturated on certain bands and if they aren't bringing anything new to the table, there's no point in going.

For example, Firehouse played about 30 minutes from me a couple months ago.  I dig Firehouse but I've seen them plenty and they have no new music so it's basically the same show over and over.  They still sound great and put on a good show, but I don't need to see it again.  Warrant is another band that played near me recently and skipped that also.  I've seen them plenty of times over the years and it's always the same thing.

I still enjoy going though.  I'll still try to hit some festivals or shows if the lineup intrigues me enough.

We don't get many shows here,well not many big acts...suppose thats the problem in small country  :( any that are of interest to my tastes I usually try to get to though.

16 hours ago, Doggy said:

At concerts I in need, always get pinch or knock overOld Man Masterchefau GIF by Junior MasterChef Australia

Also helping out at a record store, you get customers come up to you asking their order came in.

Cost rules it out for me. I don't live in the areas where concerts happen, so travel and accommodation plus the tickets would add up to at least $700 just for one show. I'd rather spend that on a heap of cds.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, auslander said:

Cost rules it out for me. I don't live in the areas where concerts happen, so travel and accommodation plus the tickets would add up to at least $700 just for one show. I'd rather spend that on a heap of cds.

Money is definitely a factor.

5 hours ago, auslander said:

To save money, go out checkout some local bands and supported them most concerts by them might send back to $15 -$20.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I haven't for a long, long time, for the same reason I haven't been to a cinema for a while. 

At my age I'd rather be in the comfort of my own home enjoying these things.

A toilet close at hand, copious amounts of alcohol and certain other substances without the hassle of getting home.

That's good enough for me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doggy said:

To save money, go out checkout some local bands and supported them most concerts by them might send back to $15 -$20.

There are no local bands. There aren't even any venues that play live music. With the rise of Tinder even the clubs are disappearing. Everything is changing and outside the bigger cities there really isn't a live music scene outside busker level Cafe type acoustic shit.

I still go, whenever I can afford it, just recently saw Skid Row in London, and saw H.E.A.T in Hamburg earlier this year, went to some local clubs to see Cabal, Lipid and Beartooth as well.

Got tickets to 3 shows coming up: Baest (November), Illdisposed (February) and Ice Nine Kills (February)

I love the live scene, I'm done however, with outdoor stadium shows watching Aerosmith (or any other dinosaur rock act), cause it always ends up raining that day, and Pretty Maids, D-A-D or whoever opens, usually steals the show anyway.

Edited by Kristian

I go fairly regularly. We have a good rock club 10 minutes away from me and I've seen  Grand Slam and Inglorious there recently. Cats In Space are coming up in December at The Stables and next year so far we have  Lordi, Kris Barrass Band,  Mike & The Mechanics, Muse, Maiden and Springsteen